AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

are you boot with boot cd or from HDD

nearly you lost fakesmc.kext

you didnt installed it on mac :)

OK,,we are good now. I just reinstall fakesmc and booted from flash memory and desktop loaded up. Just have to finish the process now.

tell me all what you did after you reach desktop

All I done was install one ethernet kext. I think it could have something to do with the way chameleon is installed. If I unplug my flash drive and boot from the HD, when I choose this install, it just reboots the PC. But it boots great if I put the USB drive back in and boot from that.

All I done was install one ethernet kext. I think it could have something to do with the way chameleon is installed. If I unplug my flash drive and boot from the HD, when I choose this install, it just reboots the PC. But it boots great if I put the USB drive back in and boot from that.

i think you may not apply amd kernel

or you didnt applied busratio to boot.plist

i think you may not apply amd kernel

or you didnt applied busratio to boot.plist

OK, the AMD kernel is applied and I do have the busratio in the boot.plist. Here is the funny part, I have my old snow installed on the same drive,,when chameleon starts, i can choose whichever OS i want. I can choose old snow and it loads. If I choose new snow, olds snow still loads, however, if I load new snow with this flag hd(0,3)mach_kernel thats when it just reboot the machine. I got something going on wrong here.

OK, the AMD kernel is applied and I do have the busratio in the boot.plist. Here is the funny part, I have my old snow installed on the same drive,,when chameleon starts, i can choose whichever OS i want. I can choose old snow and it loads. If I choose new snow, olds snow still loads, however, if I load new snow with this flag hd(0,3)mach_kernel thats when it just reboot the machine. I got something going on wrong here.

i recommend that you install one version of snow :)

if it fail on end of setuping it is normal with atinforce cd

also you can use bootcd0.6 it complete with sucssess ;)

I didn't quite understand:

Do you mean the 'install failed' message is harmless, and I can proceed with booting the system and finishing installation, or I MUST start over and use BootCD 0.6?

I tried starting installation from the first step, using BootCD 0.6, but I can't even get to the Mac OS X install screen.

It stops on a screen saying:

Reading HFS+ file: (...yada yada...)

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml.

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0

And does not go forward.

Do I have to wait a very looong time on this screen?

Or did it really hang?

are there any other flags I can use?

Recapitulating hardware:

EDIT: fixing BIOS setting fos SATA DVD-RW drive

Phenom 1090T X6

ASUS m4a88TD-V EVO/USB3 (usb 3.0 disabled, all SATA AHCI, single 1TB HDD, SATA DVD-RW drive configured on IDE compatibility mode)

4GB RAM

onboard ATI4250 video

flags: -v -f -x -busratio=16 -cpus=1

I didn't quite understand:

Do you mean the 'install failed' message is harmless, and I can proceed with booting the system and finishing installation, or I MUST start over and use BootCD 0.6?

I tried starting installation from the first step, using BootCD 0.6, but I can't even get to the Mac OS X install screen.

It stops on a screen saying:

Reading HFS+ file: (...yada yada...)

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml.

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0

And does not go forward.

Do I have to wait a very looong time on this screen?

Or did it really hang?

are there any other flags I can use?

Recapitulating hardware:

EDIT: fixing BIOS setting fos SATA DVD-RW drive

Phenom 1090T X6

ASUS m4a88TD-V EVO/USB3 (usb 3.0 disabled, all SATA AHCI, single 1TB HDD, SATA DVD-RW drive configured on IDE compatibility mode)

4GB RAM

onboard ATI4250 video

flags: -v -f -x -busratio=16 -cpus=1

it is too large post please simply sa your problem

I'm kind of a noob to these kind of things but in your guide I didnt see a part where you select your kexts, which I thought was needed. So what's with that ? :o

use any program like everest to see what is your hardware spesfication

it isnt my problem ;)

I'm kind of a noob to these kind of things but in your guide I didnt see a part where you select your kexts, which I thought was needed. So what's with that ? :)

You are installing the retail version so there are really no kexts pertaining to your hardware. Once your setup is complete, by meaning able to boot into osx,,then it's up to you to find out which kexts you need for your system and install them. For me, I only needed about 4 when I was done,,one for audio, one for my video card,,ethernet and the appleATIATA kext. I did alot of trial and error, about half a dozen installs until I found the right setup, and my important kexts are stored on a memory stick until needed again.

You are installing the retail version so there are really no kexts pertaining to your hardware. Once your setup is complete, by meaning able to boot into osx,,then it's up to you to find out which kexts you need for your system and install them. For me, I only needed about 4 when I was done,,one for audio, one for my video card,,ethernet and the appleATIATA kext. I did alot of trial and error, about half a dozen installs until I found the right setup, and my important kexts are stored on a memory stick until needed again.

Oh, so you don't install any kexts or select any kexts to be installed before you have actually installed OS X. K THX

I have another question. Does the use of bootloaders or the os x installation also alter things in your bios or somewhere else critical ? Because I'd like to know if, in the worst case scenario, the solution would always be to simply reinstall windows and nothing would be broken.

@ Mohamed Khairy: I've already searched up my hardware and searched for the kexts and stuff I will need to install :D That's not the problem, but I was wondering when to install the kexts.

Nice tutorial you made, thnks :) I hope it will work for me.

Oh, so you don't install any kexts or select any kexts to be installed before you have actually installed OS X. K THX

Exactly,,after the first boot back into the desktop using the boot cd, is when I installed the combo update, then the legacy kernel, then chameleon. I rebooted again without the boot cd just to make sure all was well. I cheated a little with my kexts and stuff, I used the " show-hide files program" popped in the Hazard 10.6.2 dvd,,browsed to packages and pulled a few useful kexts from there. I still searched the net for a couple kexts,,but I now have everything I need.

Exactly,,after the first boot back into the desktop using the boot cd, is when I installed the combo update, then the legacy kernel, then chameleon. I rebooted again without the boot cd just to make sure all was well. I cheated a little with my kexts and stuff, I used the " show-hide files program" popped in the Hazard 10.6.2 dvd,,browsed to packages and pulled a few useful kexts from there. I still searched the net for a couple kexts,,but I now have everything I need.

K. Than I will do it than as well. However, first I need to get there :P

I've started with installing osx. When I get to chameleon I press f5 and select the retail DVD of SL (10.6.3). Than it starts loading things but at some point I get (double) panic. Here's a picture:

21lprnb.jpg

So basically I can't even get to the SL install screen ;)

Pls help :(

These are my pc specs

AMD Phenom II X4 810 th

Processor Chipset AMD 770, AMD K10

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

Team Group Team--Elite-1333 4GB

SAMSUNG HD642JJ ATA Device

Ati radeon EAH4870

Realtek ALC888/1200 @ ATI SB750 - High Definition Audio Controller

K. Than I will do it than as well. However, first I need to get there :P

I've started with installing osx. When I get to chameleon I press f5 and select the retail DVD of SL (10.6.3). Than it starts loading things but at some point I get (double) panic. Here's a picture:

21lprnb.jpg

So basically I can't even get to the SL install screen ;)

Pls help :(

These are my pc specs

AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 th

Processor Chipset AMD 770, AMD K10

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

Team Group Team--Elite-1333 4GB

SAMSUNG HD642JJ ATA Device

Ati radeon EAH4870

Realtek ALC888/1200 @ ATI SB750 - High Definition Audio Controller

problem from gfx card

which boot cd you use