AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

why you use it to change resolution

i think it delete boot.plist and do new one so boot with

busratio=16

how can i do that?i cant even boot iatkos..:) nvm format my hdd for 3rd time this day :(

what not working:

sound

itunes

preview cannot preview image

and graphic acceleration

any way can u guide me in installing kext for hd4770? i've been trying for a week but failed..sorry very noob here :(

how can i do that?i cant even boot iatkos.. :( nvm format my hdd for 3rd time this day :(

what not working:

sound

itunes

preview cannot preview image

and graphic acceleration

any way can u guide me in installing kext for hd4770? i've been trying for a week but failed..sorry very noob here :(

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225753

and for application you didnt read updates :(

and audio use voodoohda if you have problem and cant get it to work buy cheap usb sound card

Hello everyone, there is a few problems that i wanted to ask about

Retail 1.6.3

Hardware:

Nvidia 8600 gts

Motherboard GA-M61PME-S2P ( nForce 430 )

Athlon X2 5000+

SATA HDD Seagate

IDE DVD Asus

The problems is

With the Disk Way

Without flags Still waiting.......

With -x flag

ACPI Table not found : DSDT.aml

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

In both cases BOIS killed

With Flash drive Way

Getting to the moment when boot logo changes to the install menu, the cursor appears, grey background and

nothing else is happenning. The cursor is still alive and can be moved, but nothing else is showing up.......

And if I remember correctly, BIOS killed......

Is there any solutions?

Also, could you explain what the following means?

*after Setup boot loader put your boot.plist that contian flag busratio=16 on extra it is very important to next step smile.gif

Edit:

I have done all of the steps in the instructions, but when I reboot and hover over my mac partition in chameleon, use -v and press enter, the screen just goes black like there's no kernel loading.

Do you know why?

Hey again. So I got onto the install screen, but the installation failed and it told me to restart and try again. Do you have any idea why?

I'm using a store-bought legit version of OS X 10.6.3.

is your dvd drive old

and try second way

Hello everyone, there is a few problems that i wanted to ask about

Retail 1.6.3

Hardware:

Nvidia 8600 gts

Motherboard GA-M61PME-S2P ( nForce 430 )

Athlon X2 5000+

SATA HDD Seagate

IDE DVD Asus

The problems is

With the Disk Way

Without flags Still waiting.......

With -x flag

ACPI Table not found : DSDT.aml

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

In both cases BOIS killed

With Flash drive Way

Getting to the moment when boot logo changes to the install menu, the cursor appears, grey background and

nothing else is happenning. The cursor is still alive and can be moved, but nothing else is showing up.......

And if I remember correctly, BIOS killed......

Is there any solutions?

really bootcd dont support ide nforce drive

so try usb way

Also, could you explain what the following means?

*after Setup boot loader put your boot.plist that contian flag busratio=16 on extra it is very important to next step smile.gif

Edit:

I have done all of the steps in the instructions, but when I reboot and hover over my mac partition in chameleon, use -v and press enter, the screen just goes black like there's no kernel loading.

Do you know why?

wherer are you now ?

is your dvd drive old

and try second way

really bootcd dont support ide nforce drive

so try usb way

wherer are you now ?

Right, I'm in OS X with 10.6.4 installed. The only way I can get it to boot is with "legacy_kernel". Why is that and what does it mean?

you need to add kernel name on boot.plist

Ok, thanks. Could you also please confirm these steps:

*After thus setup legacy kernel it will add kernel name to boot.plist we added before and patch CPUID wink_anim.gif

Because I can't understand it. What does 'on extra' mean?

Thanks for all your help so far by the way :(

Hey,

First time posting but I have been following this thread! I have an Hp p6404 here are a few specs:

Motherboard: Pegatron m2n4-la Violet 6

Phenom ii X4 920, 8gb ddr3

So... I installed and everything went fairly well except for the sound. Anyways, I followed the instructions but I think I am having trouble installing the bootloader because when I get to the part of finally restarting after installing the legacy_kernel, I get a kernel panic and I have to reinstall the whole the thing. Should I follow your instructions on "if you are having trouble installing the bootloader"? Or is it a kernel issue?

Sry I am a total noob ;} I have been learning, but its been about a month and im starting to want to give up!

Ok, thanks. Could you also please confirm these steps:

*After thus setup legacy kernel it will add kernel name to boot.plist we added before and patch CPUID wink_anim.gif

Because I can't understand it. What does 'on extra' mean?

Thanks for all your help so far by the way :)

extra folder

Hey,

First time posting but I have been following this thread! I have an Hp p6404 here are a few specs:

Motherboard: Pegatron m2n4-la Violet 6

Phenom ii X4 920, 8gb ddr3

So... I installed and everything went fairly well except for the sound. Anyways, I followed the instructions but I think I am having trouble installing the bootloader because when I get to the part of finally restarting after installing the legacy_kernel, I get a kernel panic and I have to reinstall the whole the thing. Should I follow your instructions on "if you are having trouble installing the bootloader"? Or is it a kernel issue?

Sry I am a total noob ;} I have been learning, but its been about a month and im starting to want to give up!

what dont understood your problem

ok i am stuck again...

i did a fresh install

updated to 10.6.4

installed chameleon

she boots up fine with your boot disk (boot 0.5)

single sata 1tb installed on onboard sata port 1

if i dont use your cd i get stuck on a gray screen with the apple logo.

i have tried booting with

-x

-v

-v -x -f

-s

-s and -v gets me to a black screen and its like the system is haulted or something. its still on though.

in my /Extra are the following

com.apple.boot.plist

Extensions folder

Etensions.mkext

the com.apple.boot.plist contains this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-force64</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Rescan</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

in the /Extra/Extensions are the following

FakeSMC.kext

i am thinking its a chameleon thing (duh right...) On my previous install i thought i had a Chameleon icon in my system preferences, but i dont see one right now. granted i think there is a newer build than the one i used this time. i was just trying to follow the guide closer this time around.

when i boot with -v it flashes so fast i cant even pause the screen to take a pic. i will keep trying.

AMD Phentom 955 64x4

Asus Crossfire III with 790FX/SB750

8GB DDR3

Nvidia 295GTX

Nvidia 9800GT

(5) WD 300GB Velociraptor HDDs

(1) WD 1TB HDD

Creative Supreme FX-Fi PCIe SoundCard

HP DVD1170 Sata Rom

-------EDIT------

Got her going. Had to reinstall the mach Kernel package.

now on to the kext installs.

extra folder

what dont understood your problem

sry a little wordy. lol :unsure:

Used method #1:

*I have to install sl with I believe bootcd0.2. It works with just -v graphicsenabler=yes

Everything seems to work (lan, wireless adapter, even got the nvidia gt 240 to work one time, 1600x900 resolution, all cores and ram)

None of the other boot cd's seem to work, is this how it is done? Am I suppose to find a boot cd that works and just stick with it, or am I doing sumthin wrong?

*I follow the steps, download the update install the bootloader and kernel...

*but when I restart without the cd, it goes to the bootloader, I choose mac with flag -v, and I get a kernel panic and the computer does a restart loop. I am then forced to have to reinstall sl.

I think it is the legacy_kernel. Or I didn't install the bootloader correctly because after installing chameleon I look in the extra folder on the root and there are no .kexts there

but I don't know?

Expirementation:

I have tried booting with all of the other bootloaders. I tried using empire efi + retail and it does the same thing. I have used all the other flag combinations I know -x ... and others

PS: Your the man and I really think you should setup a paypal donation bar for all your effort! Ill be the first to send. :)

sry a little wordy. lol :P

Used method #1:

*I have to install sl with I believe bootcd0.2. It works with just -v graphicsenabler=yes

Everything seems to work (lan, wireless adapter, even got the nvidia gt 240 to work one time, 1600x900 resolution, all cores and ram)

None of the other boot cd's seem to work, is this how it is done? Am I suppose to find a boot cd that works and just stick with it, or am I doing sumthin wrong?

*I follow the steps, download the update install the bootloader and kernel...

*but when I restart without the cd, it goes to the bootloader, I choose mac with flag -v, and I get a kernel panic and the computer does a restart loop. I am then forced to have to reinstall sl.

I think it is the legacy_kernel. Or I didn't install the bootloader correctly because after installing chameleon I look in the extra folder on the root and there are no .kexts there

but I don't know?

Expirementation:

I have tried booting with all of the other bootloaders. I tried using empire efi + retail and it does the same thing. I have used all the other flag combinations I know -x ... and others

PS: Your the man and I really think you should setup a paypal donation bar for all your effort! Ill be the first to send. :)

what is your hardware spesfication

@ BoostedH23a1

you get it to work before why all of that :(

Where is the boot.plist that I need to put in extra?

Also, where do I get FakeSMC from? I can't find it anywhere.

you can find fakesmc on tools

on for bootplist

use chamelon pkg and select chameleon perf and form it edit boot.plist

please do effort on searching

this questions is so silly -_-

what is your hardware spesfication

@ BoostedH23a1

you get it to work before why all of that :(

you can find fakesmc on tools

on for bootplist

use chamelon pkg and select chameleon perf and form it edit boot.plist

please do effort on searching

this questions is so silly :(

I am doing what I can with what I can understand. FakeSMC on tools? I got FakeSMC2.5 from Netkas. If that's right. And i'm using the boot.plist in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Is this correct?

that is good :D

When I install legacy_kernel-10.4.0.pkg the installation fails. Also, in my /Extra folder, I have mach_kernel, extensions.mkext, com.apple.Boot.plist and then in the extensions folder, I have AppleATiATA.kext and FakeSMC.kext. Is this correct?

I Installed FakeSMC.kext manually, as kexthelper wouldn't work, and now I get stuck on the following on boot:

post-207277-1288038945_thumb.jpg

Been trying to get it to boot for days, i'm trying method #2.

chameleon loads but during the boot process it gets stuck at something about a kernel dependency at com.apple.drivers.AppleOnboardPCATA and it just sits there.

AMD Phenom II X4

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

ATI Radeon HD 5770

Got it working. Took a picture of it in all it's glory. Thanks for all your help. I would have been really lost without it.

EDIT:

It looks nice, but almost all apps crash on launch, and I can't install anything. The installer just jumps up and down on the dock. Any idea?

post-207277-1288044285_thumb.jpg

Here the breif hardware config:

> Mainboard : PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLET6

> Chipset : nVidia nForce 720a

> Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2800MHz

> Physical Memory : 8192MB (4 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )

> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

> Hard Disk : Western Digital WD10 EADS-65M2B1 SCSI Disk Device (1000GB)

> Hard Disk : Seagate FreeAgent Go (320GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : Hewlett-Packard DVD A DH16AAL

> Monitor Type : Hewlett Packard HP 2009 - 20 inches

> Network Card : Nvidia MCP77 Ethernet

> Network Card : Atheros Communications AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCIe)

with attach txt from cpuid

Main problem is that I am unable to get chameleon bootloader to boot. I have to have the bootcd in the drive to boot into sl. I think I need to install it to the efi manually?? Illl try it. what do you think?

hardware.txt

This is so silly! I've decided to do a reinstall, and try to see where if the problem still exists at each stage. So far, I have used 0.5 boot DVD, loaded that, swapped it for my Retail DVD, installed, booted, and I can't launch iTunes/KextHelper etc.. I've been able to launch them at this stage before. Do you have any ideas?