AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

Hello ,

i try two ways but cannot insall i have a ga-890fxa-ud5 motherboard and 1090 amd x6 cpu. I try to install

-v -x -F cpus=1 fsb=200000000 flags but i have stil waiting root device error .

ı conf on bios ( f5 version ) ahci mode and when i use as sata type i can not boot cdrom when i use ide type with ahci mode i can boot and i have stil waing root device ..could you help me please

Than -ks

Hello ,

i try two ways but cannot insall i have a ga-890fxa-ud5 motherboard and 1090 amd x6 cpu. I try to install

-v -x -F cpus=1 fsb=200000000 flags but i have stil waiting root device error .

ı conf on bios ( f5 version ) ahci mode and when i use as sata type i can not boot cdrom when i use ide type with ahci mode i can boot and i have stil waing root device ..could you help me please

Than -ks

return to ide mode and use latest bootcd 0.6

and dont type any flags all of this not needed

play around sata setitng on bios and you will get pass

its same again " stil waiting root device "

by the way i use iatkos s3 v2 image and i download know retail 10.6.3 iso and try with this image .is this correct or i download another ver image.Which image is correct to install this way.

Thank you

my guide for retail setup !!!

Hello ,

I try to install retail snow 10.6.3 version.First i restore image to usb and replace mac_kernel and other file.I boot with bootcd0.6 .and i select usb which i restored retail dvd and setup menu come display.i format hdd ( mac jourlend guide partition ) i installed to hdd.when i reboot computer and boot up hdd its reset computer every time.Colud you tell me please what is my issues.

Thank you

Hello ,

I try to install retail snow 10.6.3 version.First i restore image to usb and replace mac_kernel and other file.I boot with bootcd0.6 .and i select usb which i restored retail dvd and setup menu come display.i format hdd ( mac jourlend guide partition ) i installed to hdd.when i reboot computer and boot up hdd its reset computer every time.Colud you tell me please what is my issues.

Thank you

you must boot with bootcd first to reach to desktop then continue installing bootloader kexts etc

again me :)

ok i boot with bootcd 0.6 and insert retail snow leo 10.6.3 dvd and pres F5 than i give nothing flag and press enter i wait to load desktop but again stil waiting root device..

( i conf bios ahci with ide mode ) could you tell me what am i do wrong please

again me :P

ok i boot with bootcd 0.6 and insert retail snow leo 10.6.3 dvd and pres F5 than i give nothing flag and press enter i wait to load desktop but again stil waiting root device..

( i conf bios ahci with ide mode ) could you tell me what am i do wrong please

do you use ide dvd drive

you said that you setuped mac through usb key

what is the problem now

Before i try with usb flash disk but i did not success and i bought double layer dvd and burn snow leo retail image to dvd than i boot with bootcd 0.6 ver. than i insert burned dvd snow leo image than hit enter to install but stil waiting root device :P

Before i try with usb flash disk but i did not success and i bought double layer dvd and burn snow leo retail image to dvd than i boot with bootcd 0.6 ver. than i insert burned dvd snow leo image than hit enter to install but stil waiting root device :angel:

refer to your MB manual if there are note about where to put DVD Drive to setup any OS

AS some MB you must put dvd drive on sertin port

any way if you still have this problem i will speak to you friday

refer to your MB manual if there are note about where to put DVD Drive to setup any OS

AS some MB you must put dvd drive on sertin port

any way if you still have this problem i will speak to you friday

ok thank you very much your reply i try this ...

see you friday :angel:

Hi !

First excuse me for my bad english.

I have some problems to install mac os x on my PC.

My config is :

MB : ECS RX480-A

PROC : AMD Athlon 64 3200+

RAM : 2Go DDR2 800

HDD : 320Go IDE Maxtor

GC : NVidia 8600 GT 512

With the first BOOT CD the screen was freezed on grey Apple and don't change after select MacOSX dvd retail.

With the second BOOT CD the MacOSX dvd worked until tell me "MacOS X can't be install on this computer".

I use the official MacOSX 10.6 dvd included with ma MBP mid 2009.

Can you help me please ?

hey guys,

installed retail 10.6.2 from another MacOSX (similar to 2nd method) through installer -pkg OSInstall.mpkg -target /Volumes/...

installed all my kexts, chameleon, legacy_kernel and stuff, rebooted, everything worked (added fakesmc, AppleAC97Audio, nForceLAN, AppleNForceATA, for my GTX260 I used GraphicsEnabler=y in chameleon).

Great system!

But I'm currently stuck: yesterday I've installed it and it worked brilliantly. Today, after powering it off once completely, the graphics became really laggy and it's unusable. I didn't touch any of the kexts or system stuff before powering it off yesterday. I believe it may be a problem with the windows/linux graphics drivers loading something into either graphics memory or RAM, and without it (eg. after complete reboot with RAM clear), the bugs appear. However, I've not been able to reproduce my theory (booted windows, then just did a soft restart into MacOSX and it didn't work). Without the graphics drivers (/S*/L*/Ext*/NV*) it works fine, but in a low res and w/o QE/CI.

Else, the system works great, but this let's say key aspect just doesn't work and it spoils my fun with MacOSX (I've tried reinstalling it, same thing, works for a couple of hours, the next day again broken).

What the hell could be causing these bugs?

Hi ,

i try to two ways but did not succuess.Here is my hardware ;

Motherboard = Gigabyte 890fxa-UD5

CPU = AMD Phenom II X6

RAm = 4 x 2gb Total 8GB

VGA = ATI 5870

i use sata dvd and sata hdd

on bios i configured ahci with ide mode .But i get same still waiting root device .I think dvd problem.

Could you help me please or try another method to install macos.

Thankyou

Hi !

First excuse me for my bad english.

I have some problems to install mac os x on my PC.

My config is :

MB : ECS RX480-A

PROC : AMD Athlon 64 3200+

RAM : 2Go DDR2 800

HDD : 320Go IDE Maxtor

GC : NVidia 8600 GT 512

With the first BOOT CD the screen was freezed on grey Apple and don't change after select MacOSX dvd retail.

With the second BOOT CD the MacOSX dvd worked until tell me "MacOS X can't be install on this computer".

I use the official MacOSX 10.6 dvd included with ma MBP mid 2009.

Can you help me please ?

use bootcd 0.6

@ intmain123

your post is long can you setup using bootcd0.6

Hi ,

CPU = AMD Phenom II X6

RAm = 4 x 2gb Total 8GB

VGA = ATI 5870

on bios i configured ahci with ide mode .But i get same still waiting root device .I think dvd problem.

Thankyou

see your PM

Hi ,

CPU = AMD Phenom II X6

RAm = 4 x 2gb Total 8GB

VGA = ATI 5870

Thankyou

If I'm reading this correctly, you are saying your sata controller is in IDE mode? If this is true, then that is most likely the cause of your problem. It should be set to AHCI mode.

Stilll waiting for root device

DVD RW IDE Secondary Master - Boot CD 0.6

HDD SATA - place for new retail SL installation, one partition contains the SL Retail DVD (direct copy)

HDD IDE Primary Master - working SL installation - not retail

Board Asus A8N5X with Nforce 4

I have no Settings for the SATA in the Bios…

What can I do to install? I can’t even open the setup.

Stilll waiting for root device

DVD RW IDE Secondary Master - Boot CD 0.6

HDD SATA - place for new retail SL installation, one partition contains the SL Retail DVD (direct copy)

HDD IDE Primary Master - working SL installation - not retail

Board Asus A8N5X with Nforce 4

I have no Settings for the SATA in the Bios…

What can I do to install? I can’t even open the setup.

see

atinforce

as i didnt add nforce support on 0.6