Install DVD doesn't boot! Please Help!

adalbertoma

12 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone.

I'm having a hard time booting the HotISO 10.4.6 install DVD. It gives me an Unresolved Kernel Trap and the error code 0x0019c352 (please see the attached screenshot).

I've been searching this forum for about 4 days now and can't find a solution.

Found a topic telling that this error could be being caused by ATI Kexts, but how would I be able to bypass them from loading in the install DVD? I've already tried -X as a boot option, but no success. Also tried to disable USB on my bios, but that didn't solve the problem either.

Here's my system specs:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz Prescott

Intel D865PERLL Motherboard

2GB Kingston RAM

ATI All In Wonder X800 XT

250GB Seagate SATA HDD

250GB Seagate IDE HDD

This error is killing me! Please Help!

post-17086-1151724100_thumb.jpg

Simply download a different hacked OS x86 install DVD - from Demonoid, The Pirate Bay etc. At nobody's computer ALL the install DVDs work.

[edit] .. or rip out your graphics card and put another in with which you install.

Oh.... Can you imagine how useful your reply was to me?

Man... I never thought of that...

Come on. The purpose of this project is to learn the OS deeply. If I just wanted to find another copy, that wasn't going to be hard and I wouldn't be asking here.

Well sorry you feelt offended, my suggestion was not just honestly meant but also absolutley practical. Since you haven't written anything about even trying to install a different version I guess you haven't tried that yet. But from reading through this forum you should know that trying a different version IS the next step ..

If you have tried a different version already without mentioning that it's not my fault, either .. :happymac:

I get a Kernel Panic error when I try booting from the DVD to install the OS. I've tried both the Jas version and the Goatsec version. Same results with both...good ol Kernel panic. Is there any information in the kernel panic that I could watch for?

post a photograph of it, like adalbertoma has done.

I get a Kernel Panic error when I try booting from the DVD to install the OS. I've tried both the Jas version and the Goatsec version. Same results with both...good ol Kernel panic. Is there any information in the kernel panic that I could watch for?

BugsBunny, I decided to quit trying to make JaS release work and followed your advice to try another build (in my case, GoatsecX build).

Guess what... Installation worked ok. Now I just have to figure out (and search the forum) for a solution to the boot looping I get when I turn on the computer.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the way I first understood your reply.

< GoatsecX build. Guess what... Installation worked ok. Now I just have to figure out (and search the forum) for a solution to the boot looping I get when I turn on the computer.

I have read about this somewhere here, searching for loop or looping should lead you onto the right trace. Make sure you start with -v option (verbose mode, without graphical bootup screen) so you see the error codes.

< Thanks for the help and sorry for the way I first understood your reply.

Well sometimes when I have wasted a day or two on one of my three machines incl. the Laptop I tend to kill a couple of neighbours or smash some walls, so I know what you are talking about .. :(

The bad thing is, there is hardly any neighbours left here now, and I pretty much sit in thin & open air .. :(

im a little bit worry about if i can install, im still downloading jaS 10.4.6 install dvd i dont know if i can install it!

im a little bit worry about if i can install, im still downloading jaS 10.4.6 install dvd i dont know if i can install it!
Are Yoga classes being offered in the area you live?