Building a cheap hackint0sh, need help with hardware

4 posts in this topic

What's the best hardware for a cheap hackint0sh. I want something fully working and something that should be rather future proof, I'm building this computer in the case of my old broken G5 and I'm only going to use it with mac os x therefore I want a set of hardware that most likely won't have problem with updates.

I have understood that motherboard and GPU is what matters most, correct me if I'm wrong. I might run a dual monitor setup but I'm still not sure. So what motherboard and what GPU would be best?

I've heard that GA-EP45-UD3P F5 should be good but I can't find that one in Sweden, is Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR equally good?

I made a thread earlier but it bugged when I refreshed and it was gone.

What's the best hardware for a cheap hackint0sh. I want something fully working and something that should be rather future proof, I'm building this computer in the case of my old broken G5 and I'm only going to use it with mac os x therefore I want a set of hardware that most likely won't have problem with updates.

I have understood that motherboard and GPU is what matters most, correct me if I'm wrong. I might run a dual monitor setup but I'm still not sure. So what motherboard and what GPU would be best?

I've heard that GA-EP45-UD3P F5 should be good but I can't find that one in Sweden, is Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR equally good?

I made a thread earlier but it bugged when I refreshed and it was gone.

i already installed on dg31pr and dg35ec...working fine on both...buton dg35ec sound input not working...all else is well...but for both i used nvidia 8400gs 512 mb graphics card....while on dg31 need to do some workaround for disply setting to work..still i need to reboot while changing disply resolution (actully there is no need to change the disply res once set ok..1024*768 or 1280 *1024..i am using crt mnitor for dg31 vga output...whereas samsung wide screen works fine with dg35ec..installing guides are on osx86 project page..