help!

yahoo!

15 posts in this topic

Well , when I install the X86.10.4.6.DVD,It tole me that :you need to restart your computer Hold down the power button for a several sceonds or press the restart button!!!

Why?? help me Ok

thanks guys!!

050815macos7.jpg

Well , when I install the X86.10.4.6.DVD,It tole me that :you need to restart your computer Hold down the power button for a several sceonds or press the restart button!!!

Why?? help me Ok

thanks guys!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of kernel panic screens.

We serve free cookies... ;)

You can solve that problem if you restart your computer about 10256 times. If you loose your patience, do what rkwok said: tell us what your computer specs are.

Keep the HDD as "Master" on one IDE cable. Try to connect the DVD on the other IDE cable as "Master". (I suppose that right now is set as "Slave" on the same cable with the HDD)

Anyway, it will be more helpful if you type "-v" on boot prompt, so that you can see what error messages did you get.

I had that same problem, I had two install discs of OS X 10.4.~~ one of .4.4 and another of .4.5, the 10.4.4 one gives me the same scrren that yours does. But my 10.4.5 Install DVD works fine!

Don't forget that SSE2 on it's own is not enough - if you don't have PAE then you

will NEVER get OSx86 running.

Other than that I'm hoping you did do a custom install with the patches required

to get this running on non-apple hardware.

But i'm guessing you did as I cant see any Kernel Panics.

Regards

Niteman1969