Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

10.6.6 install was a success!!!!

Go ahead and download/install the 10.6.6 update

when it reboots you will get a KP, so at the darwin bootloader type: -s -v pmVersion=0

then when prompted, type:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext/

reboot

and youre all set!

• 2 weeks later...

So today i was messing around with some of my kexts, and i seemed to have misplaced my IOUSBFamily.kext, and now all of my usb ports are shot. I dont have a backup, and i cant find one that works, so would anyone be so kind to upload a working IOUSBFamily.kext from /S/L/E from their hackintosh 1545?

thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, im trying to figure this out, and so far no luck. I can not get the trackpad working no matter what on my friends laptop. The same dell 1545 as mine. It works upon first boot, but after restart it no longer works. It also works when i boot from the boot disk. But the kexts do not get it to work. Any ideas?

Well, im trying to figure this out, and so far no luck. I can not get the trackpad working no matter what on my friends laptop. The same dell 1545 as mine. It works upon first boot, but after restart it no longer works. It also works when i boot from the boot disk. But the kexts do not get it to work. Any ideas?

what kexts did you use for it?

The ones included in the download originally and the ones you posted. They work fine on my dell 1545, but on his, they refuse to work. Upon first boot, off the boot cd, the track pad works, only in terms or moving, no two finger scrolling and such, but better than nothing... It always works when i boot from the cd, but the kexts in download even after install don't work at all. Could it be a slightly different model? Is there a way to find out what i need to change? Sorry that was a lot of typing, its just been driving me nuts why it isn't working.

hmmmmm maybe its newer hardware and dell changed something...

eggmcmuffin, thank you so much for your effort, I was able to get everything to work!!! only wish we could get qe/cl to work someday!

BTW I slightly followed a different method, I used iatkos s3 v2 to install SnowLeopard flawlessly and updated to 10.6.4 and installed your kexts, guitar_frk check if that works for you. Make sure you have a usb keyboard and mouse attached for the installation bit till 10.6.4.

eggmcmuffin, thank you so much for your effort, I was able to get everything to work!!! only wish we could get qe/cl to work someday!

BTW I slightly followed a different method, I used iatkos s3 v2 to install SnowLeopard flawlessly and updated to 10.6.4 and installed your kexts, guitar_frk check if that works for you. Make sure you have a usb keyboard and mouse attached for the installation bit till 10.6.4.

How did you use iATKOS S3 V2? I tried to install with it once and no luck. What did you check? I currently have Leopard 10.5.8 on my Dell Insprion 1545 working beautifully but getting SL with at least 10.6.4 would be awesome. Thanks :)

For the graphics, and forgive me if this is a stupid question; but the dsdt.aml goes in the HDD root, meaning I open up the HDD and put it in there, correct? Not the hidden "root" folder or inside /Volumes/ (Actual root)?

The reason I'm asking is because I've put dsdt.aml into both / and /Volumes/HDD and I always get the black screen. :(

• 2 weeks later...

ALL HAIL SNACKOLE

Thanks goes out to snack for compiling the correct dsdt to make this hackintosh a little more perfect.

For every download this file gets, i better see a "thank you" comment posted.

Use this dsdt in conjuction with AppleHDA.kext and both AppleIntelGMAX3100(FB).kext

you must boot into 32bit mode for the graphics card to be recognized!!!

GMA4500_Native_Resolution.zip

• 2 months later...
ALL HAIL SNACKOLE

Thanks goes out to snack for compiling the correct dsdt to make this hackintosh a little more perfect.

For every download this file gets, i better see a "thank you" comment posted.

Use this dsdt in conjuction with AppleHDA.kext and both AppleIntelGMAX3100(FB).kext

you must boot into 32bit mode for the graphics card to be recognized!!!

Hi,

Can you please explain what changes we need make to boot into 32 bit .I have got everything working except this native resolution ;)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to thank you guys for all of your work and help. I have everything working except two fingedr scrolling. It was working, but then it just stopped. Oh well...I'll mess with it later. I'm very happy with the way things are working now. I have an update file for 10.6.6 So I think I'll try that next.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

video playback problem

With much help from this forum I have a 98% working dell 1545 dualbooting windows 7 and snow leopard updated to 10.6.8. The only thing that does not work is video playback, I'm using the intel kext to enable the correct resolution, but no video playback works, I can get good sound on avi files, stuttering sound on dvds' but no pictures. I also get a blank black box for all youtube clips.

in system profiler the graphics show up as intel GMA X3100 (which figures as this is the kext I used) but the chipset is in fact the 4500 version (I guess this is what is causing the problem)

is there a way to solve this or am I stuck with no video functionality?

Everything works fine in Windows so not a hardware problem....

thanks in advance to anyone who answers this, as I know this thread is a bit old hat now

Hi Guys,

I done installing a MAC OS X on a pc before in the past (say several years ago) and now I want to actually use Mac OS X. I have a Inspiron 1545 and already installed Mac OS X 10.6.3 on a HD, but whenever it boots it gives me the restart your computer error message when the OS starts up. I have the retail version from Best Buy. I didn't do anything else other than just installed the MAC OS X and it won't go in the OS to update anything.

Dell Inspiron 1545

Intel Core 2 Duo T6400

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

I not sure what causing from the OS from booting up into the desktop. Any help?

post-840241-1311543049_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a Dell 1545 running OSX 10.6.8. I use Chameleon. I have no other partitions on my drive. I have now decided that I either want to go back to windows (no DVD, no preview, no pages is kinda a bummer) or add a windows partition to add a choice at the chameleon boot screen. Can I do this with my current set up? I have lazily searched here and elsewhere, but I still don't know how to do it. Do I create the partition in OSX disk utility then try an install? Also...how do I now enter set-up? Do I press F1 (or 12) after boot loader, while OSX is starting?

I'm thinking about this stuff while at work and away from my machine, so I can't try this stuff right now.

Thanks