Chameleon RC4 is out!

Poco

1,054 posts in this topic

Nope, still change mine, I got 01 with it ;)

Booter is on usb stick booting my internal lappie hdd.

Something is still wrong...

Attached is original FACP extracted from windows, as you can see Sstem-type is (02) Mobile. acpi_facp.bin.zip

True. The system type override in com.apple don't work. I set to 3 (workstation, for try), but nothing. My ioreg show me always the value 1 ;)

Nope, still change mine, I got 01 with it :wacko:

Booter is on usb stick booting my internal lappie hdd.

Something is still wrong...

Attached is original FACP extracted from windows, as you can see Sstem-type is (02) Mobile. acpi_facp.bin.zip

mmmm, did you try forcing the system type with the SystemType=2 option in com.apple.Boot.plist ?

my guess is if we don't force a value as for now the system initialize the system type to a default value anyway.

EDIT:

Here's a patch that does not change facp PM_Profile if user did not use the override:

boot_no_facp_force.tar.gz

If it is not working for you, then it means that in the case where no override is set, not only we must not write facp with a default value (which is the case in all booters versions with new facp mods!) but also we must do the contrary and write the facp PM_Model value to the ioregs system-id ...

Tell me if it is enough for you, if not I'll do what I explained upper!

If i don't force a value in com.apple the system type show me by ioreg is 1. I have try on 2 machines;)

Yes I know, I think this is erroneous, in asere and our boot with recent facp mods,

we force the content of facp with a default value that is 1.

This is not ok I believe, because if user choosed not to override this value we should at the contrary take the facp value and write it to ioregs, see my EDIT with a test boot in my previous post

rek but if i force the value 3 in com.apple, the value in ioreg is always 1

Is there a solution?

Ok, but with asere boot, on my desktop, if i force the value 3, i see in ioreg the value 3, workstation, if i don't force, i see the value 1,, i think that this is correct, or no?? :wacko:

rek but if i force the value 3 in com.apple, the value in ioreg is always 1

Is there a solution?

Ok, but with asere boot, on my desktop, if i force the value 3, i see in ioreg the value 3, workstation, if i don't force, i see the value 1,, i think that this is correct, or no?? :wacko:

No :)

I think that we should see a different value of what is in FACP only if we force it,

TheKiNG has a correct value in his facp table, and asere + our version right now force this value ...

No :)

I think that we should see a different value of what is in FACP only if we force it,

TheKiNG has a correct value in his facp table, and asere + our version right now force this value ...

But i see, with asere boot, in ioreg, a different value of what is in FACP (1) only if i force the system type in com.apple to 3 or 2,

if i don't force in com.apple, i see the correct value in ioreg that is 1

Sorry maybe my english is very bad, but i don't understand whice is the mistake :wacko:

But i see, with asere boot, in ioreg, a different value of what is in FACP (1) only if i force the system type in com.apple to 3 or 2,

Sorry maybe my english is very bad, but i don't understand whice is the mistake :wacko:

You don't see aproblem because the forced value when no override is 1, but the forced value when no override is set should be FACP value (PM_Profile).

Does not make a difference for you, but for laptop users (PM_Profile is 2) then it is a problem ;-)

it also seemed to work for me, but I don't have a laptop,

so now I want to be sure the other folks using laptops get a chance to have the correct value without forcing anything.

Sorry maybe my english is very bad, but i don't understand whice is the mistake :(

perchè causalmente viene forzato il valore giusto a quanto ho capito.

La differenza from RC5 e Asere è che in chameleon non ti funziona la forzatura manuale, forza sempre per il valore di default mentre in Asere ti forza il valore inserito se c'è altrimenti forza 1 come chameleon che nel tuo caso è giusto, o hai provato con dei portatili e ti da 2 senza forzatura?

Differences from RC5 and Asere are that Chameleon don't force the value you add to c.a.B.p it always force the default value (1) instead Asere force the value you put in c.a.B.p if it is there either it forces the default value (1) like chameleon and for your Pc is also the correct value, have you tried with a laptop if it gives you 2?

byez bro

You don't see aproblem because the forced value when no override is 1, but the forced value when no override is set should be FACP value (PM_Profile).

Does not make a difference for you, but for laptop users (PM_Profile is 2) then it is a problem ;-)

it also seemed to work for me, but I don't have a laptop,

so now I want to be sure the other folks using laptops get a chance to have the correct value without forcing anything.

Ok, you're right, sorry :(

I don't see the difference, because i don't try on laptop

With last prerc5 boot, little more on, the override in com.apple in chameleon now work like in asere boot?

perchè causalmente viene forzato il valore giusto a quanto ho capito.

La differenza from RC5 e Asere è che in chameleon non ti funziona la forzatura manuale, forza sempre per il valore di default mentre in Asere ti forza il valore inserito se c'è altrimenti forza 1 come chameleon che nel tuo caso è giusto, o hai provato con dei portatili e ti da 2 senza forzatura?

Differences from RC5 and Asere are that Chameleon don't force the value you add to c.a.B.p it always force the default value (1) instead Asere force the value you put in c.a.B.p if it is there either it forces the default value (1) like chameleon and for your Pc is also the correct value, have you tried with a laptop if it gives you 2?

byez bro

Grazie scrax, non vedevo la differenza, non avendo provato su un portatile, pensavo non fosse un valore casuale ;)

Ora provo sul piccolino..

Ciao fratello;)

Edit:

rek i have try on my msi u100:

If i force 1 or 3 in com.apple, ioreg show me always the value facp that is 2, hence the override don't work yet, i think;

if i don't force ioreg show me the correct value facp, now, that is 2, hence i think that the "second part" work, just as you wrote about ;)

Here's a patch that does not change facp PM_Profile if user did not use the override:

boot_no_facp_force.tar.gz

If it is not working for you, then it means that in the case where no override is set, not only we must not write facp with a default value (which is the case in all booters versions with new facp mods!) but also we must do the contrary and write the facp PM_Model value to the ioregs system-id ...

Tell me if it is enough for you, if not I'll do what I explained upper!

Now is OK!

System-type is back to original (02)

Thanks!

Now we can move to next stuff :(

BTW if we are still on FACP mods, we have 2 choices:

1. continue to mod FACP on the fly like is now for restart and system-type, for the rest of the mods(yeah FACP is one of the most wrong table on all computers)

2. load a modified one by user

What do you think?

This, the original value facp is correct if we don't force, but the override don't work for me. If i force 1 or 3 on my msi i see always the value 2...

@smith and theking

Try this one:

boot_pm_model_fix.tar.gz

@smith please make sure you use the new SystemType option in com.apple.Boot.plist

I made a non trivial modification that should work for all:

Now if a value is overriden we force it with the given value (only if it <=6, otherwise we take the facp value, and if even facp value is not correct then we set it to 1)

Now the interesting thing is when no value is set,

we take the facp value (if <=6 or 1 if no correct value is set in FACP) and we update the ioregs with the facp value.

Works great here ;)

Tell me what you think...

rek with last chameleon i lost the hibernate on msi u100, but i read on voodoo forum this mod. So i have compile last boot prerc5 with this and hibernate work. Can you add this fix in the next sources?

Boot2-->resume.c

if (!(long long)mem_base+allocSizeextmem+0x100000)

to

if (!((long long)mem_base+allocSizeextmem+0x100000))

Works great;)

rek with last chameleon i lost the hibernate on msi u100, but i read on voodoo forum this mod. So i have compile last boot prerc5 with this and hibernate work. Can you add this fix in the next sources?

Boot2-->resume.c

Works great;)

Thanks, done.

Will be in next pre, but I need theking and your feedback for the new fix I posted in my previous post,

should fix his problem and all other potential problem with system-type.

I believe my new algo is much better than anything released in that matter yet ;)

EDIT:Please mention the name of the folk that has fixed the hibernation problem, I like to keep track of that for the credits and next release ...

Thanks, done.

Will be in next pre, but I need theking and your feedback for the new fix I posted in my previous post,

should fix his problem and all other potential problem with system-type.

I believe my new algo is much better than anything released in that matter yet ;)

Fantastic job my friend, the override works also :D

I force 3 on my msi and i see 3, then don't i force the value and i see 2, the value facp

;)

The king of algos!

Sure, the name is stig_dk, but i don't know if the fix is actually his, sorry. This is the link

Fantastic job my friend, the override works also ;)

I force 3 on my msi and i see 3, then don't i force the value and i see 2, the value facp

;)

The king of algos!

A good specification always makes the problem easier to address and also the software quality better ;-)

Here's RC5pre6 now with the hibernate fix (and PM_Model fix of course) :

RC5pre6.tar.gz

Hi,

I'm trying Rekursor's RC5pre5, great work, thanks. Boot, restart, uuid works fine.

I get correct system-type in IOReg force it in Boot.plist (SystemType=2).

From some time these things irritate me a little:

1.Using GraphicsEnabler=Yes I get in SystemProfiler-Graphics-Slot: 0x53 and under PCI cards my GeForce info. Is it ok. or only cosmetics? I have never seen these infos in Apple's notebooks and iMacs, only in Mac Pros. Same affects EthernetBuitIn=Yes option.

2. How can I change my ROM rev. from this: xx.xx.xx - internal?

To resolve these issues I can't use neither GraphicsEnabler nor EthernetBuiltIn features, but dsdt mods.

BTW. May adding debug feature (option in Chameleon com.apple.Boot.plist) to generate debug file will be helpfull, like in Asere booter but without taking photos?

Bungo

Works great here thanks!

No value set default is picked.

I also forced SystemType=3 to see if works and yes worked.

Great job!

BTW why it prints the fix twice, when Wait=Yes is set? ;)

I saw 2 times Patched FACP...02 to 03 and restart fix applied or smth like that.

Thanks, should be fixed too in RC5pre6 see my previous post ;-)

Hi,

I'm trying Rekursor's RC5pre5, great work, thanks. Boot, restart, uuid works fine.

I get correct system-type in IOReg force it in Boot.plist (SystemType=2).

From some time these things irritate me a little:

2. How can I change my ROM rev. from this: xx.xx.xx - internal?

Bungo

OT

With code in dsdt and you can "write" what you want ;)