Chameleon RC4 is out!

Poco

1,054 posts in this topic

Hi rek, yes, i have see you in the "other" forum. Anyway the the problem is:

Don't work nothing with last rc5 that i download yesterday in the evening. Not loaded anything, as if it not reading the correct pci root, but also with the insert of value 0 of pci root in com.apple don't work the same.

Don't load anithing, errors of acpi, broken speedstep, code for vga in dsdt don't loaded, minimum resolution, icon orange, yes graphics enabler broken like in rc4, seems like not reading the DSDT or something like. With the last boot of asere all works amazing. Hence i think that the problem isn' t the pciroot, infact don't work the same with 0 value (insert with you panel).

However I do not know why it does not work, sincerely. :censored2:

Hi and thanks;)

hmmm looks like the latest modifications of dsdt patcher have some regressions.

Works well here here's a bin of my own compiled recent version, to test if anything changes:

test_pre_rc5.zip

Please tell me where is located your dsdt file right now,

Meanwhile, I'll have a look to it,

EDIT:

Here's a 'blind' fix:

test_pre_rc5_withdsdtfix.zip

Also, I also recently added these models to the nvidia list (included in the fix) :

GeForce GTX 295, Quadro CX, Quadro FX 5800, Quadro FX 4800, GeForce 8800 GTS 512,

GeForce GTS 240, GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce GTX 280M, GeForce 9800M GT, GeForce GTS 250,

GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce GTX 260M, Quadro FX 3800M, GeForce 9600 GSO 512, GeForce 9700M GT,

GeForce 9650M GT, GeForce GT 130M, Quadro FX 380, Quadro FX 580, Quadro FX 1700M,

Quadro FX 770M, GeForce 9300 GE, GeForce G 105M, GeForce G 103M, Quadro NVS 420,

Quadro FX 370 LP, Quadro NVS 450, Quadro NVS 295, GeForce 210, GeForce GT 230M,

GeForce GT 240M, GeForce 205, GeForce 310, GeForce 210, GeForce 310, GeForce G210M,

Quadro FX 380 LP, GeForce GT 240, GeForce GTS 260M, GeForce GTS 250M

Should works with your DSDT hopefully (in latest FACP2.0 modifications, we forgot a '/' prefix in new code so if your DSDT is in a root dir, it did not work)

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I have just tried the 'blind' fix preview and can confirm everything seems to work fine here.

Thanks Rekursor :angel:

Thanks for the feedback Blackosx :angel:

If anything still seems not working in pre_rc5 compared to asere (private) version please report,

I'll check that for you.

Too bad that asere does not seem committed to publish his memory detection code,

I'd like the APSL public effort to remain public :censored2:

Thanks for the feedback Blackosx :angel:

If anything still seems not working in pre_rc5 compared to asere (private) version please report,

I'll check that for you.

Too bad that asere does not seem committed to publish his memory detection code,

I'd like the APSL public effort to remain public :censored2:

If I find anything I'll let you know, but everything looks sweet so far (apart from the memory detection), though Asere did say he will release the code after a 'grace' period...

At one point though, I did think Asere was going to join forces to help create a unified Chameleon release. That would definitely make my 10.6 thread simpler, Lol..

If I find anything I'll let you know, but everything looks sweet so far (apart from the memory detection), though Asere did say he will release the code after a 'grace' period...

At one point though, I did think Asere was going to join forces to help create a unified Chameleon release. That would definitely make my 10.6 thread simpler, Lol..

I though that indeed too, it is very important for our community that our contributions are as transparent as possible,

I think I could spend some time to implement a memory detection feature but why wasting our energy and time when we can work together ?

Asere, if you read these lines, plead contribute to our public repository and join us.

You can still work in your own repos of course if you want to, it is not exclusive.

Hi rek, thanks for fixed pre rc5 but DON'T WORK the same all my configuration. Exactly the same mistakes in verbose, exactly the same errors described in the previous post. Repeat, with all boot of asere, 1.1.4, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, all works amazing and the verbose is very very fast, no wait on appleintelcpupower etcetc and on waiting for dsdmos, for this i love his boot :thumbsup_anim: Anyway with the last pre rc5 nothing has changed, for me of course.

In attached you can find my dsl, and my xml with all fakeid (they are in efi)

My aml is on usb pen and the path is: /Volumes/Boot Mac OS X/Extra

Hi rek;)

dsdt_smith__.zip

last.plist.zip

Hi rek, thanks for fixed pre rc5 but DON'T WORK the same all my configuration.

Exactly the same mistakes in verbose, exactly the same errors described in the previous post. Repeat, with all boot of asere, 1.1.4, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, all works amazing and the verbose is very very fast, no wait on appleintelcpupower etcetc and on waiting for dsdmos, for this i love his boot :thumbsup_anim: Anyway with the last pre rc5 nothing has changed, for me of course.

Do you indicate a custom dsdt location in your com.apple.boot.plist ?

Can I have a look at your com.apple.Boot.plist please ,

Thanks

The thing with all those binary versions, is that we don't know what is and is not in the current sources of asere's.

This is why I hate non public releases.

EDIT: I guess I know why your dsdt is not read, comparing the new code with the former one,

the DSDT option in the boot config is now only a filename not a path.

This is because this permit to the booter to autodetect a particular finame and concatenate the path found.

I will change that to be back compatible with what was done before in new JrCs code .... stay tuned.

Oh Jesus! You are right, the problem is the path in com.apple, but with asere boot works well :thumbsup_anim:

How did I not think about it? :P

Now, without path works the rc5, but so like in rc4 don't work the graphics enabler, I hoped that in rc5 this problem for me would be solved but nothing. You think that the only time it worked have been with pcefi 10.5, only time, boh.

No problem, i use the code in dsdt;)

Ok, I'm waiting for future innovations (You can not do anything for Graphics enabler,? i read that from rc4 many others had this problem)

Hi man :help:

Edit: Another thing that i forgot: the recognition of ram.

With asere boot this is perfect: "velocita'" 890 MHz and the last three parts are recognized to fly perfectly WITHOUT help of smbios;)

With pre rc5 not:

schermata20100128a23543.png

:dev:

Gents,

I restored the absolute full path parsing of DSDT for the booter

here's the fix:

pre_rc5_2.tar.gz

Now does it loads your DSDT file smith ?

Thanks

If yes, most of your problems should be fixed too.

Now for fast booting considerations, we don't have the memory fix yet and it could explain why the native PM is faster to initialize ...

EDIT: please download the file named : pre_rc5_2.tar.gz for testing

With the test_pre_rc5 release the help menu is fuzzy:

and the Hardware UUID in System Profiler is wrong, i compared it with the Bios info and Everest in Windows.

Please make sure you use the new SystemId option instead of previous ones, thanks.

Please test without a theme (a theme might be corrupt or missing) and see if your video is ok.

Did someone tested an absolute path for DSDT, shoud work now ?

Gents,

I restored the absolute full path parsing of DSDT for the booter

here's the fix:

pre_rc5_2.tar.gz

Now does it loads your DSDT file smith ?

Thanks

If yes, most of your problems should be fixed too.

EDIT: please download the file named : pre_rc5_2.tar.gz for testing

Ok, now it loads dsdt also from path;)

The grapics enabler don't work, obviously, but it isn't a problem.

Now for fast booting considerations, we don't have the memory fix yet and it could explain why the native PM is faster to initialize ...

I understand :D

I stay tuned friend

Please make sure you use the new SystemId option instead of previous ones, thanks.

Please test without a theme (a theme might be corrupt or missing) and see if your video is ok.

Did someone tested an absolute path for DSDT, shoud work now ?

Now having a look to the GraphicsEnabler code ...

Now having a look to the GraphicsEnabler code ...

:D

I noticed another thing: prerc5 has difficulty reading the smbios in extra, in fact in my smbios i have set the SMserial to:

W88033AKY51 , instead in system profiler i read the "famous" SOMESERIALNUMBER.

With asere boot this parameter is correctly read from smbios in Extra. I deleted everything related to the ram in smbios thanks to dynamic memory parameter;)

SystemId without values should take the UUID from BIOS DMI or not ?

Only have a default theme and is working fine with all before releases, this error is (or was?) present in Asere Booter patched versions.

Thanks.

;)

I noticed another thing: prerc5 has difficulty reading the smbios in extra, in fact in my smbios i have set the SMserial to:

W88033AKY51 , instead in system profiler i read the "famous" SOMESERIALNUMBER.

With asere boot this parameter is correctly read from smbios in Extra.

Ok thanks, you should not have this pb with the latest pre3 version (see below),

also fast verbose mode should also be ok in this one,

Thanks!

SystemId without values should take the UUID from BIOS DMI or not ?

Only have a default theme and is working fine with all before releases, this error is (or was?) present in Asere Booter patched versions.

Thanks.

I do have a correct (from bios) UUID when I remove my SystemId string from the bootConfig.

Please check with the latest version below.

@ quinielascom:

Could you please give more info about what booters versions used to display your boot in graphics mode correctly and what booters (including asere) did not.

Thanks!

pre_rc5_3.tar.gz

Ok thanks, you should not have this pb with the latest pre3 version (see below),

also fast verbose mode should also be ok in this one,

Thanks!

Yes, it works. The value is now correct. You are doing a great job rek

The progress continues ...

;)

Ps. rek don't forget for final revision the "Dynamic memory parameter detecting and injecting like Frequency, Type (DDR2, DDR3), Manufactor, Partnumber, Serialnumber". I think that this is "important" :)

Yes, it works. The value is now correct. You are doing a great job rek

The progress continues ...

;)

Ps. rek don't forget for final revision the "Dynamic memory parameter detecting and injecting like Frequency, Type (DDR2, DDR3), Manufactor, Partnumber, Serialnumber". I think that this is "important" :)

Thanks, I wish I could integrate this work but for now, I won't reivent the wheel because I believe in open source values and will wait asere's to release his sources.

Meanwhile I won't use a software that is not publicly delivered with all his sources like I did with psystar kexts ;)

Thanks, I wish I could integrate this work but for now, I won't reivent the wheel because I believe in open source values and will wait asere's to release his sources.

Meanwhile I won't use a software that is not publicly delivered with all his sources like I did with psystar kexts :)

I understand. I agree with your thoughts;)

Good night, I stay tuned ...

... I do have a correct (from bios) UUID when I remove my SystemId string from the bootConfig.

Please check with the latest version below.

@ quinielascom:

Could you please give more info about what booters versions used to display your boot in graphics mode correctly and what booters (including asere) did not.

Thanks!

The standard versions released from http://forum.voodooprojects.org/ (RC1, RC2, RC3) working fine without video errors, RC4 removed it because inject a "generic"/wrong UUID, and the Asere patched versions (wiki & downloads) 1.1.4, 1.1.5 & 1.1.6 give me corrupted graphics, still not test the Asere 1.1.7 version.

The standard versions released from http://forum.voodooprojects.org/ (RC1, RC2, RC3) working fine without video errors, RC4 removed it because inject a "generic"/wrong UUID, and the Asere patched versions (wiki & downloads) 1.1.4, 1.1.5 & 1.1.6 give me corrupted graphics, still not test the Asere 1.1.7 version.

OK fixed see below, what's next ;)

Here's a prerelease 4 version RC5:

RC5pre4.tar.gz

This version already brings more nvidia gfx cards models and my new Rename Partition feature,

and with a little smbios manual edition for now for memory declaration, it's the most featured version I know :)

OK fixed see below, what's next ;)

RC5pre4.tar.gz

This version already brings more nvidia gfx cards models and my new Rename Partition feature,

and with a little smbios manual edition for now for memory declaration, it's the most featured version I know :)

Wow, you work very fast !

Thanks.

I going to test it ...

Edit: Tested, menu help now is displayed fine.

OK fixed see below, what's next :D

RC5pre4.tar.gz

and with a little smbios manual edition for now for memory declaration, it's the most featured version I know ;)

Wow, I wake up to find you have been busy - prerelease version 4 now!

That's the best ever response I have seen to working through and fixing issues.. :)

I can confirm everything working fine here. (I did have the theme glitch, that quinielascom mentioned, when drawing the help menu, but that has now been sorted).. Great work Rekursor.