[Mini Guide] SL working on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

iRobie

934 posts in this topic

OUPS :)

selected only chameleon and the right disk as you said and changed boot order ini bios, and now i have kind of a tonymac startup screen , was it hidden before ?

messages (see attached), asks me to press a key

to enter startup options, the line under the apples is completely unreadable (totally screwed, like the bug i mentionned just before)

and when i get into SL i lost all my graphics, default is 1024x768 and nothing else :(

;)

post-592671-1270218426_thumb.jpg

post-592671-1270218438_thumb.jpg

That is because it installs the skull theme separately my mistake.

Okay simply run my complete post installer package on that drive again and you should be good. what screen res are you trying to use so maybe we can fix the corrupted screen.

Is the corrupted skull somewhat new or has it done this the entire time?

Cybercap on Monday I will be back at my hac and I will get you instructions on how to get me the c-states for you processor after a lot of research and talking with another dsdt guy I have come to the conclusion that is your problem as the c-states in both the dsdt you tried did not have your specific dsdt hence why sleep and speedstep may not be functioning.

Okay for anyone having issues with the speedstep or sleep with there install, using my post installer with my dsdt. I believe I have the solution. The problem lies at all of us using different processors, each processor has multiple pstates . some may only have 3 mine for example have 5. I can help you with this it will not take long and all I need you to do is a very basic process to get me your pstates.

I have attached a folder that has a pstate kext that you can install with kext utility and then run the pstate changer program once the kext is installed. select the pState. and use grab or take a picture and email or post it and I will modify the dsdt to your correct pstates and post back to you. Once again most issues with sleep are related to an incorrect scope in the dsdt as the one I packaged includes my scope. It will not take long and you will run cooler with more accurate speed step. Please include your processor model with the pstate picture as I will start a library so I only have to do this once.

pstate.jpg

voodoopstate.zip

Hello!

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

q8300 Core 2 Quad 2500.0 MHz 333.0 MHz

DDR2 2048 MBytes

audio and video on board

After install SL i have just 1280x1024 resolution, but i need 2048x1152 for Display SyncMaster 2343.

Please help!

GMA4500 is not supported you should buy a video card, I picked up a 256mb GeForce 8400GS for like $25 shipped new on ebay. works great.

GF 8400GS support GMA4500?

Ok. If I buy this card, what i must to do? Reinstal MacOS or install some driver?

Help please! I dont want Win7!!! :wacko:

how did you install mac to begin with?

GMA4500 is your internal GFX by intel that are not supported so you must use a different GFX card that based on this board you would be best off using PCI Express card like mentioned above.

how did you install mac to begin with?

GMA4500 is your internal GFX by intel that are not supported so you must use a different GFX card that based on this board you would be best off using PCI Express card like mentioned above.

My install properties:

10.6.2,Cham RC3/PCEFI 10.5, NVEnabler, ElliotforcelegacyRTC, SMBIOSResolver, ALC889a, RTL8169

Everything working perfect, except video resolution.

I now have a corrected dsdt for those running the E7500 2.9ghz core 2 duo. running this board G41M

Where or how I can get dsdt to q8300 Core 2 Quad 2500.0 MHz 333.0 MHz ?

Wow okay First of all you have an outdated pcefi and your board does not have the ALC 889 you should have a 888B also NVEnabler only helps if you don't have Graphics Enabler set to yes on your com.apple.boot.plist Also NV Enabler only helps once you are using a nvidia gfx card instead of onboard gfx. The rtc kext and smbios resolver is only needed until you have a patched DSDT.

For your DSDT please look at this page post #230 and follow my instructions I will make your corrected dsdt and include it in the installer I am currently updating. Once this is done to fix your issues you should just need to run my post installer and everything except Graphics will be fixed until you buy a GFX card. T

This will also help for CyberCap has the same processor

Okay as mentioned I have been working on the issues that my dsdt worked for only some of you. The problem lies in the fact once again as mentioned before we all use different processors, I am going to be continually updating the Post Installer project for this board but help would be goo please refer to this page post #230 for what I am asking for. Here is the link to the updated post installer. I have taken away the easy install and made it a custom install only. There is a lot in this installer however I have already enabled the items required and I only recommend changing these if you are having issues. Also the only thing that you must check is a DSDT. I have the following processor corrected DSDT's included and with your help hope to build this library more. I have The E7300, E7500, of the Core 2 Duo and I have the Q6600 of the Core 2 Quad. My system is running flawless and I would just like to help as many people as possible by updating this so. If there is something you think should be in the post installer or you would just like to help with the Pstate and adding additional processors to the installer please let me know.

Thanks,

Ridgeline.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ydnoxkml2jy/Gigabyte G41M-ES2l Installer v1.4.zip

Okay please post a screen shot you can do this with grab which is provided my mac os x under utilities if the pstate is not right this will not work. I will determine if it is a 8 or a B by you screen shot.

Also I recommend using the retail disk for install not a pre hacked version like Hazzard's no offense to him but I don't know what his disc actually does in relationship to my solutions I provide.

Once I have your screen shot I will provide another update installer that will do everything you need all you would need to do as this is a broad range installer is go down and select the dsdt by processor model. I believe based on your signature you have a Q8500?

In order to save a screenshot use grab and let it take the photo then select under file in your menu bar save or save as.

Hi

First all the work that has been done on this board is amazing and I have read through all of the posts actually since I bought this board when I couldnt get my Asus P5B-VM to do Snow Leopard.

I have tried every boot disk, myhack, kakewalk, etc that says that it should be able to work with this board including changing the bios from f3 through f6 and i think its time to ask for some help. At this moment I can get this board working with Hazards disk and using the Black kernel but after using it for a few days there slowly seems to be mounting issues that snowball and make the install unusable.

I am a savvy computer person having been everything from tech support to head of MIS for companies and now its become personal for me and this board since everyone seems to be able to get this board working without much trouble.

My setup is

G41m-es2l V1.0

Bios f6 -HPET enabled 64bit, S3 etc

Pentium D 930

Sata HD and DVD

Nvidia 7800gt Vid Card

Wireless Apple Keyboard

Broadcom Wireless Linksys wmp300n

and nothing else I have stripped it down to essentials removing the wireless and trying both a 7600gt card and an 8600gt card that I have.

My questions are as follows

What essential kexts are needed specifically for this board most importantly which ATA, SATA, and Special Fix kexts are needed?

Bootloader that worked best?

A good guide to muck around in the DSDT and explain what your doing rather than just cut and paste this here and here?

Is there a good program to allow you to create a DSDT from a clean Hazard install etc?

If anyone could give me a few caveats of tips or eureka moments that helped them get this board working in Snow vanilla 10.6.2 I would be more than happy to accept help from many of you that know so much more than I have been able to figure out. I am going on a Month now trying to wrangle this board into working.

Any help or hints or caveats about hardware that I am working with would be very much appreciated.

thanks for your time and all your efforts,

Cheers

Ashley :)

Okay Ashley you need to stick with the 8600 gfx that will work far better than the 7xxx series due to non native support when you say you tried different boot discs what happened when you tried them? Also you should not need a whole bunch of kexts I am only running 2 in the extras folders once again if you want to run vanilla you need to use a retail method. The only issue I can see might the be processor you are running. There is a good thread just google gigabyte dsdt fixes also I have created a post installer for those running a retail method please IM me for more info so we don't kill this thread. Chameleon reworked with Asere bln is the best bootloader at this point this can be found in my post installer

Thanks

Hey Ridgeline, sorry for the late reply... yes under BIOS on MBIT, I enabled the CPU Clock and bumped it up to 312 mhz... Im running on stock cooler so I dont want to push any higher. I noticed too that it did not work with my OCZ ram but worked fine with Crucial RAm. Both were PC6400 DDR2. CPU seems to be fine and running cool I did notice that the Northbridge chip on the board running very HOT.

nothing is needed except the audio installer I posted seperatly earlier in this thread after update run the 10.6.2 applehda installer and you should be good to go.

also I saw in another post you were running hotter than before by about 10 degrees can you please follow my steps on post 240 of this thread and I will see if there is anything we need to change in your dsdt

hay everybody,

I just got around to updating to 10.6.3. I ran in to the KP for sleep enabler followed by the sound issues.. been banging my head for a wile on the sound thing. I tried iRobie's fix first and then the install package that Ridgeline put together. neither worked for me..

i suspect Ridgeline's installer did not work for me because my Chameleon and extras are installed on a separate partition.

I finally got iRobie's method to work after reading back through some posts and realizing i was using an outdated "mkexttool.app". i downloaded and ran "Kext Utility.app" and now all seems to be well.

thanks again to everyone for doing what you do.