Snow Leopard on VAIO P(VGN-P90HS) working!

ryuu123

530 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info. You are right. I thought 10.6.2 would support the atheros chip set, but obviously not for "our" ar9285. I tried the device id injector by netkas. The interface is detected now, but it does not connet to any wifi network. This is so close, I have still hope to get it running. I tried EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, but still nothing.

i know that´s a dumb question but.. what kind of boot method do you guys use?

i ask that because i´m stuk in the boot process..

i´ve tryed so far some alternative boots but with no sucess..

is there any MODDED bootcd for downloading or something like that?

thanks!

thanks!

I am using Chameleon 2.0-RC4 from a stick. It comes with a README that contains instructions to build a stick. I pm'ed you cause links to it are not allowed here.

thanks!

there are no dumb questions :wacko:

chameleon works without any problems on my vaio p & eee1005ha

why do you want a modded boot cd ? (cd..cd....cd - what was that again??? ;) )

i used only usb pendrives during the installation process - this way you can always change some stuff without toasting a new cd

Hi guys,

I finished my play with my Vaio and Snow Leopard, so its time to say good bye and find new toy to play :-D If any one want this, just let me know.

Fully functional with Snow Leopard

Sony Vaio VGN-P688E - Snow Leopard, Windows Vista, Live Linux for fast mode

* 600g !!! :-P

* 1.33GHz Intel Atom

* 64GB SSD

* 2GB RAM

* 8" LCD LED 1600x768

* WiFI a/b/g/n

* BT 2.1 EDR

* Broadband mobile modem

* GPS

* SD/MMC/MS

* 2x USB 2.0

* Webcam

* expandbox with 1Gbit LAN, VGA

and so on...

post-161148-1262775967_thumb.jpg

there are no dumb questions ;)

chameleon works without any problems on my vaio p & eee1005ha

why do you want a modded boot cd ? (cd..cd....cd - what was that again??? :D )

i used only usb pendrives during the installation process - this way you can always change some stuff without toasting a new cd

i´m asking that because i had no luck to boot the SL retail dvd. but yesterday i´ve found bootcd (witch chameleion RC3 and all netbooks kexts loaded into) and i was able to boot but i had kernel panic as well...

i´m gonna take a picture of the error and post it here because i´m almost giving up...

ps: i don´t have other mac os installed on my AO751h, so where can i find chameleon RC4 in ISO mode?

please PM

Hey, guys, I know this is a long shot but I can't find any more relevant threads, so I may as well ask...

I'm installing 10.6 on a friend's Sony Vaio NW20EF. Obviously this is pretty different from yours, but I wonder if you could help...

Everything is working great apart from the battery isn't recognised in SL (but is in Leopard) — even with VoodooPower.kext — and more importantly, I can't get native resolution working...

I tried this one posted earlier but it's just booted up with no difference.

I've tried dozens of fixes, and all I get is either no change or the screen goes blue or white and then black when it attempts to go to a GUI.

HI

I`m new her, my Englisch is very bad. :(

I have a USB Stick with Leopard. Wenn i will install the MAC on my Asus EeePC 1101HA then came: efi_inject_get_devprop_string.NULC trying stringdata

I have no idea, what that is?!?!

I hope that the Hack Tolls on my USB Stick are right, i have an iMac how i makes the Install USB-Stick.

Please help me.

i´m asking that because i had no luck to boot the SL retail dvd. but yesterday i´ve found bootcd (witch chameleion RC3 and all netbooks kexts loaded into) and i was able to boot but i had kernel panic as well...

i´m gonna take a picture of the error and post it here because i´m almost giving up...

ps: i don´t have other mac os installed on my AO751h, so where can i find chameleon RC4 in ISO mode?

please PM

ok, you've found a boot cd - and ???

most boot cd's usb images are model specific - so using a vaio image can (or better will) end in a kernel panic on your ao751h.

i don't see any reason why you need the rc4 (but maybe i've missed something)

Hey, guys, I know this is a long shot but I can't find any more relevant threads, so I may as well ask...

I'm installing 10.6 on a friend's Sony Vaio NW20EF. Obviously this is pretty different from yours, but I wonder if you could help...

Everything is working great apart from the battery isn't recognised in SL (but is in Leopard) �" even with VoodooPower.kext �" and more importantly, I can't get native resolution working...

I tried this one posted earlier but it's just booted up with no difference.

I've tried dozens of fixes, and all I get is either no change or the screen goes blue or white and then black when it attempts to go to a GUI.

"pretty different" :)

HI

I`m new her, my Englisch is very bad. :)

I have a USB Stick with Leopard. Wenn i will install the MAC on my Asus EeePC 1101HA then came: efi_inject_get_devprop_string.NULC trying stringdata

I have no idea, what that is?!?!

I hope that the Hack Tolls on my USB Stick are right, i have an iMac how i makes the Install USB-Stick.

Please help me.

what usb image did you use ?

or did you collect the needed kexts for your hardware and put it on the usb pendrive ?

to you³: search the model specific stuff for your computers - using a wrong model specific image will mostly end in an kernel panic

get used to it that some stuff might not work - like wifi on my 1005ha, or full gma500 on my p11z or almost anything on the g6060eg

if you absolutely need a computer with full osx support and no trouble to set it up - get a mac

some problems can be easily fixed (like the wifi stuff on my 1005ha - but i don't care about that) - others never - but hey - it's fun ;)

The USB-Stick is with a Orginal Leopard CD an then NetBookMaker install, then cam nothing when i start it on the Netbook, then i have install Chameleon and the GMA500 Kext on the USB-Stick. Than came the message when i will boot!

Can you say me what i do? That the Mac run on my 1101HA!

Please Help me!

PS: Wenn jemand Deutsch kann bitte schreibt mich an! DANKE

The USB-Stick is with a Orginal Leopard CD an then NetBookMaker install, then cam nothing when i start it on the Netbook, then i have install Chameleon and the GMA500 Kext on the USB-Stick. Than came the message when i will boot!

Can you say me what i do? That the Mac run on my 1101HA!

On the Picture is my Problem:

http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=1...8lAXmOGBl4d.JPG

Please Help me!

PS: Wenn jemand Deutsch kann bitte schreibt mich an! DANKE

Hi, now it works!!

********** snow **********

VAIO P(VGN-P90HS)

o CPU: Z540

o US15W:

o ATA(+SATA SSD)

o USB(EHCI,UHCI)

x GMA500(1600x768/no QE/QI)

o ALC262(VoodooHDA)

x LAN:Yukon2( AppleYukon2.kext but Ultra2 revision is not supported)

o WLAN:Atheros AR928X/AR5B91

o Memory Stick :-p

o SD card

o Bluetooth

o WebCAM

o 3G modem/WWAN/GPS <- need install drivers below

x suspend/resume(o: no usb)

o 10.6.1 update

o:working/x:have problem/?:not yet tested

- WWAN driver

http://www.option.com/en/support/software-...modems/icon225/

# thx, maccosmo

--US keyboard: ( not tested ) http://www.mediafire.com/?zmy4yhnm1me

--JP keyboard: http://www.mediafire.com/?z1czyzwwjme

o 10.6.2 update see->

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1331304

For non-vaiop GMA500 based netbook users, GMA500Enabler is here

o 10.6 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1310737

o 10.5 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1311449

********** 10.5 leopard **********

VAIO P(VGN-P90HS)

o CPU: Z540

o US15W:

o ATA(+SATA SSD)

o USB(EHCI,UHCI)

x GMA500(1600x768/no QE/QI)

x ALC262(noisy sound with VoodooHDA)

? LAN:Yukon2?

x WLAN:Atheros AR928X/AR5B91 <- I gave up binary patching to AirPortAtheros... and will buy Dell 1510

o Memory Stick :-p

o SD card

o Bluetooth

o WebCAM

o 3G modem <- see post #28( maccosmo )

? Suspend/resume

o:working/x:have problem/?:not yet tested

Files you need: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhjmzjgznz3/vaiop-alpha-0.zip

ioreg: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ulmnziadyy/ioreg-vaiop.txt

*** update ***

For 10.5.7

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gyeqmmxzy2q/vaiop-alpha-1.zip

- this "boot" also work with 10.5.6 and can read /DSDT.aml and /Extra kexts.

(but needs kernel option "Graphics Mode")

- Improve USBEHCI stablity( based on 10.5.7 IOUSBFamily )

- brightness can adjustable through PCIFix.kext's Info.plist

post-74571-1243599997_thumb.jpg

[boot options]

- need "cpus=1"

(with 10.5.7 boot also need "Graphics Mode" )

Hi guys,

I finished my play with my Vaio and Snow Leopard, so its time to say good bye and find new toy to play :-D If any one want this, just let me know.

Fully functional with Snow Leopard

* expandbox with 1Gbit LAN, VGA

and so on...

Does this mean you have the VGA working? If so, how, I did not see a fix for that.

Houston... I have a problem!

Hello and happy Christmas to all.

I'm trying to install SL on Vaio VGN-P19VN that has got a 128 SSD.

I have downloaded Beermacht VaioBootImage.dmg and I did a bootable image from Windows with transmac. All OK.

I restored a DMG from an original SL DVD to a 8GB USB drive (Sandisk Cruzer). OK.

Now I have got:

1 PEN with bootable Beermacht Chameleon-2.0-r431;

1 PEN with original SL DVD.

And NOW?

1) I put these 2 pens on Vaio (2 USB port);

2) I switch power on (after changed BIOS order of boot) and Chameleon bootloader starts;

3) I press "q" for adding options "cpus=1 -v" and installation starts.

Now the problem: after some time, a message appears: "still waiting for root device" and installations stops.

I think that problem is SSD or Windows 7 partition format (maybe OSX system doesn't recognize Windows Partition?).

I tried to boot from an "old" Kalyway 10.5.5 image (external USB DVD) and installation.. Same result: an icon of a little circle with a diagonal segment on the center of the apple logo (grey screen).. it seems that system doesn't recognize any storage support..

What can I do?

Please, help me :(

Bye

Alex

I am trying to install snow leopard on a vgn-p35gk and get the same issue as well of waiting for root device.... any help guys?

hmm - strange

i don't think that the ssd is not the issue

the windows 7 partition should also be no problem with the "still waiting for root device" (the partition will be a problem when you have an unpatched install dvd image (mbr/guid)

have you copied the extra folder and the other stuff to your sl installation pendrive ?

hmm - strange

i don't think that the ssd is not the issue

the windows 7 partition should also be no problem with the "still waiting for root device" (the partition will be a problem when you have an unpatched install dvd image (mbr/guid)

have you copied the extra folder and the other stuff to your sl installation pendrive ?

yep... i've the extra's folder in the right location. I can even see the kexts being loaded including the PIIXTA kext as well... Could it be a missing device ID entry in the kext info.plist?

I was unable to get it to work with two USB drives. If you can manage to get it all on the same flash drive it will work.

I even tried using 1 thumb drive as well as using the ryuu's original method of a clean install from retail disk on thumb drive. the thumb drive boots my macbook perfectly fine but on the vaio i still getting the waiting for root device error.

Snow Leopard retail works fine with some very quick modifications. See this post for full details: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1313083. I've used this method several times and it works totally fine.

Show Leopard retail...???

unbelievable !!!

need an exentral DVD Drive??

this is the correct method --> BOOT 132 - MAC OS X RETAIL DVD - iATKOS V7 ...????