Snow Leopard on VAIO P(VGN-P90HS) working!

ryuu123

530 posts in this topic

@beermacht

OK, i tried your bootimg but I am not able to boot from there... I tried put it on USB stick by disk utility and by dd command, but still I cant even boot it.

Can you please try use clean USB stick and put it on it and try boot from that ?

Just trying figure out, where is problem....

Thanks

@beermacht

OK, i tried your bootimg but I am not able to boot from there... I tried put it on USB stick by disk utility and by dd command, but still I cant even boot it.

Can you please try use clean USB stick and put it on it and try boot from that ?

Just trying figure out, where is problem....

Thanks

maybe you missed my note in the posting :)

the image is not ok - here comes a 100% working image

tried it with 2 different pendrives: Working Vaio Image

BUT here comes the important part:

the rar is under 2 mb - but it's a 490mb image

format the pendrive as FAT with MBR (same goes for the pendrive that holds the DVD Image (transmac will reformat it, but don't make format it to hfs or anything else - that would be a waste of time)

i think that everything else has not again to be told - am i right ??

(stuff like cpus=1 -v)

@beermacht

unfortunatelly, I am not able to restore your image to any of my flash drives... not with disk utility or dd command.

Disk utility reports "Could not find any scan information. The source image needs to be imagescanned before it can be restored." and if I do so, it reports "Unable to scan "vaiobootimage.dmg". (Invalid argument)." :-(

morning everyone, it's cold outside - but i had to try it :D

bad picture quality - but i think some of you will get it :P

post-96403-1259997891_thumb.jpg

gps is working on the vaio p

too bad that there is no good software on the market and running a routing software on a vortual machine would be real slooooooooow :wacko:

edit:

yes, i know that anyone can find the place where i live with those coordinates - but i couldn't care less ;)

no, i don't live in that crappy house you can see in google earth, that hut is long gone :(

hey everyone

sorry to post here, but this topic is closest i can get to my hardware (acer 751h : gma500 netbook, 11,6", 1366x768)

i used your gma kext, which is great (edit: 1024/768 resolution though... can't force res in c.a.b.plist either) ... one problem though... can't get the system to recognise the ata chipset, that is mentioned in (netkas's) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext under sch ata/100 with id 811a.

so everything boots up... but no hard-drive :thumbsup_anim:edit : apparently, installing netbookinstaller on the drive will take the resolution to 1336x768; no idea why, nor do i care as long as i don't solve the hdd issue)

can anyone give me any pointers ?

p.s. system to install is snow leopard, did not try yet the leopard

edit. pps. Fixing the dsdt (the king's fix) / slice's IOATA do nothing (or at least not what i have tried)

edit 21feb2010: got the kext that recognises the sata bundle, problem now is that it starts installing and then halts in a kernel panic, i'll investigate it further (maybe i'll get the damn thing in service so they will finally fix those damn freezes)

about the resolution: problem was the chameleon version: seems only a speciffic version will recognise that resolution (Chameleon 2 rc2 NBI)

i'll post again when i'll have a working install

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet, I'm going to try and do a hackintosh install on my Acer AO751h, 1366x768 on a hackintosh netbook would be awesome.

hey everyone

sorry to post here, but this topic is closest i can get to my hardware (acer 751h : gma500 netbook, 11,6", 1366x768)

i used your gma kext, which is great ... one problem though... can't get the system to recognise the ata chipset, that is mentioned in AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext under sch ata/100 with id 811a.

so everything boots up... but no hard-drive :D

can anyone give me any pointers ?

p.s. system to install is snow leopard, did not try yet the leopard

Just saw your post after I replied.

Guess we're in the same boat and we're going to have to work together to make this thing work.

I'm close to selling my AO751h because I got an MSI Wind that hacks very easily.

Got it to work, but now I cannot seem to install Windows on the second partition after a complete reformat via disk utility. I can only seem to launch the Recovery Tools from the backup I made (the Windows 7 upgrade cd does not boot) and it "cannot find the c drive" so it wants to reformat the drives again. What to do?

did you everything as mentioned is this thread ?

btw - what did you install ?? leopard or the snow kitty ?

if you need the vga out - use windows

the text is to tiny ?? - 1600x768 on 8" - thats the native resolution for this display and every other resolution looks a little bit strange :P

I'm going through the thread a few times to see why the audio is completely gone. Everthing else seems really good and stable! Running SL 10.6.1 afraid to go to 10.6.2 because I never use Terminal.

I have not been able to get Windows 7 Installed though. Afraid it will erase the MAC partition on install since unlike the Mac it does not allow me to select my install disk.

well - your partitions are formatted for osx - that means its guid and not mbr - so windows can't use it

create a hybrid partition for windows and than you can install 7 on it - but do yourself a favour and read the dualboot threads (twice) - it works

the update is not that hard - if you follow the instructions - it will work too

Took a little work, but its now up and running dual X with W7. Windows 7 is actually pretty fast on the 1.3Ghz SSD. Thanks to everyone here for the guides and support!

Hope new features like VGA can be added soon!

I still need to get sound working not sure why the Voodoo ktext did not work, will review the infos here.

@allanm9

@macpsp

10.6.2 vanilla kernel doesn't boot.

You can find patched kernel some where.

and I wote small utility to make patched kernel.

1)Before update to 10.6.2, backup current kernel.

sudo cp -p /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.1061

2)update to 10.6.2

3)after reboot. specify the kernel at chameleon's screen

(At os select screen, type mach_kernel.1061)

4)make patched kernel

sudo ./binchg.rb /mach_kernel ./1062atom64.xml

(this take some minitue)

5)replace kernel

sudo mv /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.1062

sudo mv /mach_kernel.patched /mach_kernel

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

6)enjoy 10.6.2!

1062atom64.zip

I'm going to go for 10.6.2....

Where do I place these 2 files? In the Macintosh HD? Desktop? Downloads ƒ? Does it matter?

Hello there,

at first I want to thank all insanelymac users for the engagement to bring macos now leopard to vaio p. I already was able to install macos 10.6 to my vaio with the help of beermacht´s vaio boot image.

but when I startes to copy all the specific kexts in the directories I always got at startup a kernel panic ".... nanoseconds.....".

Could it be possible, that anybody would do a liitle howto with the concrete files to copy to the vaio p 11z ?

I also tried to copy only the files from the vaio boot image to my mac hd on the vaio, but then I got a boot error.

Thank you very much in future

Best regards

Toxic

post-540169-1261523364_thumb.jpg

post-540169-1261523387_thumb.jpg

Congratulation to the big GURU for all his work to have the P working with the icy cat... I received a little gift from my friends and I got a Vaio W (VPCW12J1E) which is coming with W7. As I'm a proud owner of 4 macbook in our family, I would like to have this little outsider joining the company.

From the high level of your experience, how far is it to have the W series enjoying the InsanedMac culture?

Thanks

gpy

Finally got sound had to remove the AppleHDA, now that I have sound I only have 1 working USB port (left one). The right seems to power up an external drive, yet it does not mount, mice do not work on that port either.

Which is the extension for USB that would effect this?

Houston... I have a problem!

Hello and happy Christmas to all.

I'm trying to install SL on Vaio VGN-P19VN that has got a 128 SSD.

I have downloaded Beermacht VaioBootImage.dmg and I did a bootable image from Windows with transmac. All OK.

I restored a DMG from an original SL DVD to a 8GB USB drive (Sandisk Cruzer). OK.

Now I have got:

1 PEN with bootable Beermacht Chameleon-2.0-r431;

1 PEN with original SL DVD.

And NOW?

1) I put these 2 pens on Vaio (2 USB port);

2) I switch power on (after changed BIOS order of boot) and Chameleon bootloader starts;

3) I press "q" for adding options "cpus=1 -v" and installation starts.

Now the problem: after some time, a message appears: "still waiting for root device" and installations stops.

I think that problem is SSD or Windows 7 partition format (maybe OSX system doesn't recognize Windows Partition?).

I tried to boot from an "old" Kalyway 10.5.5 image (external USB DVD) and installation.. Same result: an icon of a little circle with a diagonal segment on the center of the apple logo (grey screen).. it seems that system doesn't recognize any storage support..

What can I do?

Please, help me :)

Bye

Alex

Snow Leopard on my Asus 1101HA. A dream came true. Thanks ryuu123 and everyone else.

Mostly everything is working now.

Asus 1101HA with SL (dual boot: Win7 partition shrunk plus new HFS+ partition)

o CPU: Z520

o ATA (SATA)

o USB (EHCI,UHCI)

o GMA500 1366x768x32 (native resolution)

x QE/QI

o Realtek HDA

x Mic

? Lan: Atheros AR8132 (not tested yet)

x Wifi: Atheros AR9285

o SD card

o Webcam

o Touchpad

x suspend/resume

o 10.6.2 update (see post #227

o Windows 7 dual boot

I know that the AR928x should work under Snow Leopard. The LED is on, but System Preferences -> Network does not show an interface.

Any ideas?

the AR9285 is not supportet at the moment - i have the 1005ha with the same interface

it's "active" but network search shows nothing - search for AR9285 and snow leopard - most users get a supportet broadcom wifi card to bypass this problem