SATA to ATA Adapter

11 posts in this topic

Let's see. I've been trying to make OS X work with a SATA disk and nForce4 chips. It works, but not so good.

That's why I was thinking if there was some kind of adapter I could attach to my hd to connect it to an IDE slot.

If such thing exists, could you recommend me one in ebay? :pirate2: I found many ata to sata adapters, but not the other way around.

Thanks

Fede

EDIT: is this what I need? http://cgi.ebay.com/Syba-Serial-ATA-SATA-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry to keep bothering, but will that work? Of course I don't want you to guarantee it will, but has anyone tried something like this, or would it be logical for it to work?

The device in the link is designed to allow use of an IDE hard drive on a SATA bus. As I understand your issue, isn't that the opposite of what you need ?

:(

G

Yeah, that's what I thought, but the title of the product is a bit confusing.

Then if that's not it, which one should I buy?

Thanks!!!

I haven't SEEN what you are looking for. My guess is that if such a device exists, it would be realtively expensive and still might not work in OSX86. Since EIDE hard drives are cheap and plentiful, there must be little demand for a device to put SATA devices on your EIDE bus.

If I were in your situtation, I'd reserve the SATA drive for Windoze, and get an EIDE drive for OSX86 for your IDE bus. Should make a nice dual boot system PROVIDED your motherboard IDE controller supports OSX86. A search here (wiki & forum) should confirm that.

;)

G

Yeah, that link you gave isn't what youre looking for.

I know that SATA Drive -> IDE Bus adapters ARE available, becuase we got one by mistake once, but they are very expensive (from what I remember they were like 100 bucks or something), compared to the other way around to use an IDE drive on SATA bus.

Your best bet would be to post your drive on a forsale/fortrade forum and see if someone is willing to trade.