Asus P5N7A-VM

DiaboliK

1,296 posts in this topic

sleep and restart are working fine for me without the openhaltrestart.kext

if i'm not using OHR.kext i do have reboot but it takes about 30 seconds or even longer (after OSX disappeared), i never clocked it but it feels like ages

if i'm not using OHR.kext i do have reboot but it takes about 30 seconds or even longer (after OSX disappeared), i never clocked it but it feels like ages

hey all, I'm back after a short hiatus and working on my Mac Pro case...Anywho, here's an interesting tidbit I just discovered.

I was having issues with shutdown / sleep with an add-on Video card (recently an 8800GT, just RMA'd for a 9800GT). Here's how I went about trying to fix it. Note that this is with EvOReboot.kext

1) 9300 disabled in the BIOS. Restart ok, shutdown fans, sleep fans

2) Re-enabling it in the bios (256MB), but leaving PCIe as Primary - Non-bootable system (hangs right before video should start).

3) Re-enable 9300 in bios (256MB), leave iGPU as primary - bootable system, both video cards seen, sleep AND shutdown work (All fans stop spinning)

--But the problem with #3 is that currently I don't have access to the 9300 video ports (Mac Pro case), and thus this would result in a completely blind boot.

So, my next thought would be to try and remove all the entries for the 9300 in DSDT. Has anyone else tried this?

Hi! I finally got my hackintosh to work.. osx 10.6.2, everything works except for ONE big issue: sleep works (fans off and gos back on) BUT when I restart, ONLY if I use sleep before that, the BIOS settings are totally lost, I get error, press F1, and I need to set up the bios settings again. I tried different bios firmware, but always same problem. If I don't use sleep, no problems at all, I restart and everything is fine. Any clue?

One more thing, I could never use OSX DVD player to play iso images. It works with normal dvds, but if I mount a dvd image, as soon as I open it, it crashes....strange.

Anyone can help?

Hi! I finally got my hackintosh to work.. osx 10.6.2, everything works except for ONE big issue: sleep works (fans off and gos back on) BUT when I restart, ONLY if I use sleep before that, the BIOS settings are totally lost, I get error, press F1, and I need to set up the bios settings again. I tried different bios firmware, but always same problem. If I don't use sleep, no problems at all, I restart and everything is fine. Any clue?

One more thing, I could never use OSX DVD player to play iso images. It works with normal dvds, but if I mount a dvd image, as soon as I open it, it crashes....strange.

Anyone can help?

Yeah I had that issue. It's a problem with your DSDT. If you use dgsga's modded bios and kexts and delete your DSDT you should have no problems.

I have a problem trying to boot snow leopard from a USB drive. I intalled it to an external usb hd via my MBP, installed chameleon 2 RC3 with the kexts however when trying to boot I get USB timeout errors and still waiting for root device. I'm using modified bios provided here, is there any way I can boot from my USB drive so I can clone it to the internal HD?

I have a problem trying to boot snow leopard from a USB drive. I intalled it to an external usb hd via my MBP, installed chameleon 2 RC3 with the kexts however when trying to boot I get USB timeout errors and still waiting for root device. I'm using modified bios provided here, is there any way I can boot from my USB drive so I can clone it to the internal HD?

A USB-to-IDE/SATA adapter is a life saver in situations like this. I have never been able to boot from a USB device on a cold boot. My best suggestion is to take the hdd out and clone your USB drive to it using said USB adapter (you can get one for $10-15) on the MBP.

you can't boot from usb (or at all) if usb is set to legacy. it must be set to legacy off wich makes it impossible to boot from a usb device. you can set usb to full speed wich will make it possible but at the price of usb 1.0 speeds.

so your options are booting from some sata device or booting with usb set to full speed. however, to get all usb to work as it should when osx is loaded usb legacy needs to be turned off in bios

you can't boot from usb (or at all) if usb is set to legacy. it must be set to legacy off wich makes it impossible to boot from a usb device. you can set usb to full speed wich will make it possible but at the price of usb 1.0 speeds.

so your options are booting from some sata device or booting with usb set to full speed. however, to get all usb to work as it should when osx is loaded usb legacy needs to be turned off in bios

I can't find my 8gig flashdrive, can I just format my external HD to create a snow leopard image and then install the bootloader just like a USB stick?

you can install snowleo from your macbook to the external harddrive, install chameleon, put fakesmc and applelegacyhda in extra (with good permissions). then take the harddrive out of it's case and into your computer. it has to be attached as sata or it won't work

Yeah I had that issue. It's a problem with your DSDT. If you use dgsga's modded bios and kexts and delete your DSDT you should have no problems.

thanks for the answer, I actually removed DSDT and I am using dgsga's bios, but I still have the problem. I tired all possible BIOS configurations, but I always have the problem. Can you tell me what kext you have in the Extra folders? what versions? thank you!

thanks for the answer, I actually removed DSDT and I am using dgsga's bios, but I still have the problem. I tired all possible BIOS configurations, but I always have the problem. Can you tell me what kext you have in the Extra folders? what versions? thank you!

EvoReboot, Fake SMC (v1 I think), LegacyAppleHDA (the one from dgsga), IOATABlockstorageinjector, CPU-Injector (for cpu info in system profiler). That's it, and all my kexts in /System/Library/Extensions are stock. I

Well I finally got SL installed, had to restore to install DVD to my HD then installed Chameleon 2 replacing the boot file with netkas 10.5 pcefi. I had to put USB to full speed to get into the installer, everything works, updated to 10.6.2 got sleep,sound etc. Dgsga, awesome work on the bios everything works just like a real mac.

EvoReboot, Fake SMC (v1 I think), LegacyAppleHDA (the one from dgsga), IOATABlockstorageinjector, CPU-Injector (for cpu info in system profiler). That's it, and all my kexts in /System/Library/Extensions are stock. I

I tried to add cpu-injector, the only kext I did not have, but still same problem. EVERYTHING works fine, BUT BIOS configuration is lost if I use "sleep" before restarting.

Anyone can help me?

I tried to add cpu-injector, the only kext I did not have, but still same problem. EVERYTHING works fine, BUT BIOS configuration is lost if I use "sleep" before restarting.

Anyone can help me?

What kext are you using for your audio. Are you kexts in /S/L/E stock?

What kext are you using for your audio. Are you kexts in /S/L/E stock?

I have the original AppleHDA kext fron Snow Leopard. I have CpuInjector (I tried also without this), fakesmc, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, LegacyAppleHDA, OpenHaltRestart in /E/E. That's it. I am using bios v4 from Dgsga.

Anyone can help?

Anyone else with this problem? Is it the modded bios? I use an LCD tv connected with HDMI connector...I am not sure if this is the problem...

Shutdown seems to be failing for me now. Using modified bios, no DSDT, fakesmc.kext. Tried openhaltrestart and ev0reboot, neither working. Typically booting into 64bit kernel mode. Any ideas?

Edit: forgot to mention, I am using a PCIe video card now, and grapicsenabler kernel flag. iGPU is disabled.

How? I don't have any dsdt files...any idea?

anasta, I had the same problem and posted quite a while back now. I narrowed it down to EyeTV - as soon as I installed that, it broke my BIOS every time I slept. I never resolved it. Am still running 10.5.6 and just live with the problem. I'm using dgsga DSDT - haven't got around to trying the modded bios. Would love to find a solution. Do you have EyeTV installed?