ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

Woohoo wow that was so fast, thank you very much.

I'll test the new one with audio support later tonight

Thank you I just tested the new one now based on F9c with network, usb and sata fix.

It works and the AppleHDA works also - THANK YOU

Have only tested 32bit boot

THX - Thank you so much... You have fixed my 2 issues which were no firewire and no audio

Question: What does network, usb and sata fix actually do?

I ask as because

My built in ethernet has always worked before, but I have never tested bonjour or timemachine?

My USB has always said "Built in"

And my SATA had always shown "Intel ICH10R" just like a MacPro

Thank you I just tested the new one now based on F9c with network, usb and sata fix.

It works and the AppleHDA works also - THANK YOU

Have only tested 32bit boot

THX - Thank you so much... You have fixed my 2 issues which were no firewire and no audio

Question: What does network, usb and sata fix actually do?

I ask as because

My built in ethernet has always worked before, but I have never tested bonjour or timemachine?

My USB has always said "Built in"

And my SATA had always shown "Intel ICH10R" just like a MacPro

I tested it with 64 bit kernel - works for me.

Bonjour not working, if you need it, you should read blackosx guide he explain how to get it to work.

SATA fix is to have OS recognise your SATA devices natively, in system profiler you should see them as Intel ESB2 AHCI.

screenshot20091004at824.png

And if you see that you can remove IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in /Extra/Extensions

USB fix does 2 things:

1. Stops the USB drive being unmounted when you put your system to sleep (i didn't test it yet, but should be work)

2. Presents the high speed usb devices (EHCI) to OS as built-in usb, rather than expansion slot.

upd: just tested time machine - works, bonjour works also.

I tested it with 64 bit kernel - works for me.

Bonjour not working, if you need it, you should read blackosx guide he explain how to get it to work.

SATA fix is to have OS recognise your SATA devices natively, in system profiler you should see them as Intel ESB2 AHCI.

screenshot20091004at824.png

And if you see that you can remove IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in /Extra/Extensions

USB fix does 2 things:

1. Stops the USB drive being unmounted when you put your system to sleep (i didn't test it yet, but should be work)

2. Presents the high speed usb devices (EHCI) to OS as built-in usb, rather than expansion slot.

upd: just tested time machine - works, bonjour works also.

Yes mine looks just like yours, so I removed IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in /Extra/Extensions

Rebooted and my HD's are normal and disk utility reports my HD's as internal now.

Thank you THX Thank you

Is patching from a BIOS.Rom such a good idea? When I look over the OperationRegion Address they are assigned incorrectly when compared to a DSDT extracted from a Running OS where the ACPI/DSDT tables reside in memory. At that point the addresses would be assigned correctly and we can extract the DSDT with the correct memory address.

I think this patcher can be dangerous if not used wisely as a tool/reference. The SystemMemory OperationRegion address for example was also incorrectly assigned. I suppose that can be changed after the DSDT.dsl is generated then re-compiled?

Am I looking at this wrong? Are we suppose to update the Motherboard ROM with the Patched ROM? I don't think so?

The patcher still does not fix some of the _T_0 warnings as Fassl patcher does and not sure exactly why?

We need a Good Universal Patcher that will apply all the known fixes and place them into the DSDT file in a standard place and not just basically anywhere. For example the DTGP patch which is needed for AUDIO/LAN/USB etc etc to work generally goes right after the header or near after. This should become a standard for all patchers.

I think this is why the Group releases of SL are on hold for this very reason. For SL to really work well we have to have a custom DSDT for each Manufacturer MB and we can tweak from there if we need to.

At least there are projects out there like for Giagbyte that a have just about all the DSDTs in place, like EFIXusers forums etc etc.

Also a guide that might explain a little on what a lot of these 4 Digit Chars mean like _STA _INI and what these terms mean such as Method, Scope etc etc.

hi guys,

Tried to patch my bios using ACPI Patcher 0.2 Beta 4 and 5 but i'm getting this error:

[ACPI] ROM is extracted to acpi.xtr

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

AML Disassembler version 20081204 [Dec 4 2008]

Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

TableHeader length [0x43434146] greater than the input file size [0x1174]

Could not get table from the file

Then i get error form the program : Could not locate dsdt.dsl

So what is the problem and is there any fix for it.

Board: DFI LP UT X58 T3eH8

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS

Thanks...

Hey, maybe someone has luck to create a DSDT.aml for a EP35-DS4 Board? ;) I'm stuck in errors, and it works without DSDT.aml. But for Bios reset Fix and graphics (9800GTX+) it would be fine. This is what i get with the F3 Bios: (with F6 it's same)

dsdt.dsl   221:	 Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1080 -				 ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

dsdt.dsl   284:			 Store (Local0, Local0)
Error	4050 -						 ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

dsdt.dsl   289:			 Store (Local0, Local0)
Error	4050 -						 ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

dsdt.dsl   473: DTGP(Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf(Local0))
Error	4063 -	^ Object does not exist (DTGP)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your great work. It's a very cool tool. I used it to make my ALC889A working.

Do we have any plan to make this tool support ATI HD 4870?

Also as a post feedback, I used the CD-ROM fix to replace the first downloaded version, then patch it. But seems when bois loading the SATA device, the CD-ROM is not identified. When go into Leopard, I was unable to eject the CD-ROM. Not sure if it's a know issue. I'm using GA-X58-Extreme with dual BIOS.

I've been having a major problem with Betas 4 and 5: both actually delete the dsdt.aml (and when I go to input a dsdt.dsl) file, and then complain that the program cannot find the file.  

Running Windows XP, and near my wits' end to produce a working DSDT for my system. 

I've been having a major problem with Betas 4 and 5: both actually delete the dsdt.aml (and when I go to input a dsdt.dsl) file, and then complain that the program cannot find the file.

Running Windows XP, and near my wits' end to produce a working DSDT for my system.

Got the same problem on windows xp64.

Got the same problem on windows xp64.

This issue has been reported. There is workaround for this problem. I have not tested the workaround yet but the info I gather from this thread is that you need to rename "dsdt.dsl" to another name, for example "my9420.dsl". Please report back if this workaround working for you.

kizwan

Hi. When you say "using this patcher with Gigabyte hardware Dual-BIOS mainboard is risky even if it seems safer", do you mean it is also risky to use the patcher only for generating the DSDT.aml file which I will put in the Extra folder of my Chameleon partition?

Can I safely use the patcher only to create de DSDT.aml file for my GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard?

Thanks.

i patched a bios for ep45t-ud3lr and i flashed it but it bricked my board.

If you have DualBios on the Bios M connect jumper 4 and 7 the one near the blue dot is 1 on the bottom same side is 4. across from 4 is 5.

connect them together let the system boot, it will shutdown keep them connected then when it starts back up wait 5 seconds you should see post screen, go into qflash and it will repair the damage.

Can anyone make me a bios for

GA-EP45T-UD3lr

i have a q9650

nvidia 9800gt 512mb by evga

i can only think of the dsdt to fix the kernel panic trap

here is a photo of which to connect

http://i49.tinypic.com/2yzen1h.jpg

as you can see i had trouble figuring this out and my jumper 7 was messed up a bit but im fully functional again

milkman6453 i cant thank you enough for your little but very Very important post i flashed a modified bios on my GA-X48-DS4 and thought it was fish food as it would notpost and the bios beep error was 1 long by itself which according to multiple sources on the internet doesnt exist so i tried your method btw graphics card very very close to the first main bios chip could just get access to the pins very fiddly i would suggest people mangle a fork to do this technique as my first efforts were completely useless but it took many attempts as when i got it to boot it would say warning : Main bios checksum error and then automatically try to reflash and no keyboard keys would respond and it never seemed to actually cure the main bios it would repeat this over and over again i think in the end when i changed the cmos battery it worked first time with the auto reflash and i was overjoyed i had actually at this point emailed gigabyte and was going to start proceedings of a RMA.

Thank you thank you thank you milkman6453 for your very very well written post.

one thing i would like to ask is how exactly did you find this info to short these pins to get the second bios to boot?

Peace Out.

Honestly i forgot, but what i did was get on Google through my ipod touch searching for what seemed about an hour.

Searching for dualbios brick fix, ep45t brick fix, dualbios corrupt help/fix.

It was very tedious but i enjoyed the experience once i fixed it.

Im glad someone found use in my post :).

Im still looking for a way to make a working DSDT, using this program bricks me.

Hi,

Sorry for not answering for so many time.

I got a lot of work and cannot work on this project anymore. I'll try to start back the project by 19th, December 2009, but I don't have the source anymore. It will be based on all the improvement made this year, and it will be a Windows program since I don't have hackintosh anymore.

It should be a simplified DSDT editor, with an extended hardware compatiblity.

Please, could you post links to DSDT patches topics made this year ?

Thanks

Thanks.

Finally, it will not be a Windows program but a website with PHP generator and an automatic database (I already own the domain name), so it will be OS independent and access will be easier.

Check this ones too:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188920

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showforum=160

This issue has been reported. There is workaround for this problem. I have not tested the workaround yet but the info I gather from this thread is that you need to rename "dsdt.dsl" to another name, for example "my9420.dsl". Please report back if this workaround working for you.

kizwan

Sounds like it might work, though I'll note that I've tried doing that, and still no joy. Granted I'm running iDeneb on a nearly 3-year-old machine (and trying hard to save up for a newer machine, if not an actual Mac).

I'll give it another go this weekend if I get the chance.

I can also provide my dsdt.dsl and a DSDT.aml from Ubuntu 8 upon request, if anyone might find that useful.

Hi everybody,

I tried to use patcher 0.2 beta 5 under windows 7 with the bios firmware of my laptop ASUS K61IC but it seems to loop under cbrom.exe, even for a simple extract.

What's the problem ?

NB : link to download the firmware (laptop / K61 series / K61IC / Windows 7 64 bits)

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=fr-fr