NEW INSTALL: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

skx

768 posts in this topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

the same place where I found the audio kext working from extra, but broken in 10.5.7:

there's a DSDT + appleHDA option for our board working in 10.5.7

it works

must remove alcinject and hdaenabler

but this applehda still must be in S/L/E and pops a lot... but it's a step closer well kind of...

EP45_UD3R_DSDT.zip

I tried using this dsdt along with another applehda (the one posted by slx which does not pop) without success

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

the same place where I found the audio kext working from extra, but broken in 10.5.7:

there's a DSDT + appleHDA option for our board working in 10.5.7

it works

must remove alcinject and hdaenabler

but this applehda still must be in S/L/E and pops a lot... but it's a step closer well kind of...

EP45_UD3R_DSDT.zip

I tried using this dsdt along with another applehda (the one posted by slx which does not pop) without success

The 10.5.7 update was massive and touched tons of stuff in OSX including the System Profiler (including the Memory Reporter stuff which may be why the smbios.plist file in the /Extra folder caused some issues for xgenuis).

I'll load your solution on one of my machines and see how it goes tonight. It's obviously the best solution we have at this point.

actually need to keep LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage to fix HD icon

LegacyAppleAHCIPort, LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA should be deleted if you still have it in your extra folder

Eliade...

Been searching for possible solutions and so far what I have found seems to be a simple fix...

This post was by macgirl earlier today from another post

HDAenabler needs edit to work on 10.5.7

actual HDAenabler info.plist says:

CODE <key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>

<string>6.9.9</string>

need to say:

CODE <key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>

<string>7.9.9</string>

didn't work for me using my original working audio kexts. (got a kp). Is there any special way to edit that plist file?

Edit - I went back to skx's original audio setup. Works ok, don't have front mic working but Headphones from the front are working and rear 2.1 speaker output is all I need.

I did get good rear output to work using the DSDT.aml file and the custom AppleHDA file, but couldn't get any front headphone action.

Thank you to everyone for their help on this. I kept trying the other method and kept coming up short.

So I have 2 issues left. I used NVInject and added the device id to the bios with OSX86tools for my Gigabyte 9600gt 512mb. It added Quarts GL, but Quartz Extreme isn't working... any advice on that would be appreciated.

Lastly, Chameleon isn't automatically starting with the 5 second rule. I tried both UInstaller and OSX86tools... other than that it' working great so far.

Thank you to everyone for their help on this. I kept trying the other method and kept coming up short.

So I have 2 issues left. I used NVInject and added the device id to the bios with OSX86tools for my Gigabyte 9600gt 512mb. It added Quarts GL, but Quartz Extreme isn't working... any advice on that would be appreciated.

look around for the efi string for your card, I know it's not in uiinstaller list...

that's how my 8800gts screams wonderfully (efistring from uiinstaller)

or generate the efistring yourself, might be a long process I don't know, I'm sure there are How Too's around....

all I know is that it involves using linux to retrieve it...

with efi string you don't need any thing else (i.e. no NVInject needed)

good luck in your qwest :)

Lastly, Chameleon isn't automatically starting with the 5 second rule. I tried both UInstaller and OSX86tools... other than that it' working great so far.

yeah, need to add the following to your com.apple.boot.plist (change the 1 to whatever you want in seconds)

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

Ok, time for an update.

I followed this post -

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1155116

Edited the HDAEnabler.kext I was using with 10.5.6

Added all the legacy HDA kexts to /Extra/Extension and booted. Voila!! I have sound now :)

Attaching my kexts below. I haven't checked the headphone or mic. I use my webcam mic.

kexts_05_13.zip

look around for the efi string for your card, I know it's not in uiinstaller list...

that's how my 8800gts screams wonderfully (efistring from uiinstaller)

or generate the efistring yourself, might be a long process I don't know, I'm sure there are How Too's around....

all I know is that it involves using linux to retrieve it...

with efi string you don't need any thing else (i.e. no NVInject needed)

good luck in your qwest :)

yeah, need to add the following to your com.apple.boot.plist (change the 1 to whatever you want in seconds)

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a shot. Hopefully I can find the EFI string and I don't need to fight it too much more. I think I've reinstalled about 5 times so far :P

Ok, time for an update.

I followed this post -

Added all the legacy HDA kexts to /Extra/Extension and booted. Voila!! I have sound now :D

Attaching my kexts below. I haven't checked the headphone or mic. I use my webcam mic.

This is for 10.5.7 right? :)

Ok, time for an update.

I followed this post -

Added all the legacy HDA kexts to /Extra/Extension and booted. Voila!! I have sound now :)

thank you very much that works great (besides the "usual" sound pop)

BTW you may remove ATAPortInjector and AHCIPortInjector out of your list of kext they are useless for us...

I am using the same Gigabyte 9600GT 512 MB card. I was able to get this card fully working by adding the EFI string from OSX86Tools. You will have to generate a custom Nvidia string, as it is not listed.

Add that string to the com.apple.Boot.plist and you will have full acceleration and resolution with Apple shipped drivers. No other injectors needed. (If you are using Chameleon, a skeleton file will be in /Extra/Extensions.

Good luck!

I think I found part of my problem... OSX86Tools isn't updating my com file in my Extras. Anyone else experience this?

if you have one in the extra folder it will take over the system one...

uiinstealler updates the system one, so you need to copy it (Library/preferences/systemconfig/) to your extra folder

and restore the orignal one, if you didn't back it up, just copy this into it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

I think I found part of my problem... OSX86Tools isn't updating my com file in my Extras. Anyone else experience this?

EDIT - Nevermind - Eliade beat me to it :)

OSX86Tools and UInstaller works in System/Library/Extensions folder.

If you wish to bring the changes over to /Extra/Extensions, it has to be done manually. In the process, restore the original files. Both the programs will create a backup of the plist files while updating.

how do i " Added all the legacy HDA kexts to /Extra/Extension"

i dont seem to find that folder

any help is appreciated, i got no sound :(

Ok i really need help now.

i removed the hda enabler from the extensions and installed 10.5.7 no problem.

i tired downloading Eliade's Kext and installed with OSXtools and it doesnt work.

Can someone help a newbie here to get the audio working.

I dont want to reinstall everything all over.

Thanks.

how do i " Added all the legacy HDA kexts to /Extra/Extension"

i dont seem to find that folder

any help is appreciated, i got no sound :(

Ok i really need help now.

i removed the hda enabler from the extensions and installed 10.5.7 no problem.

i tired downloading Eliade's Kext and installed with OSXtools and it doesnt work.

Can someone help a newbie here to get the audio working.

I dont want to reinstall everything all over.

Thanks.

simple...

first install chameleon 2.0RC1 (use the installer version)

this will create automatically the Extra/Extensions/ folder....

the extra/extensions folder has two kext in it by default, remove them

copy the content manually of my latest pack in the Extra/Extension folder (no subfolders though, I organised my pack so that you choose what you need...)

your System/Library/Extension folder (aka S/L/E) must absolutely be in it original state

by using osxtools you modified it, so take care of that, if you don't have backup of the modified ones, drop me a list and I'll post them

use kexthelper to restore them...

in the Extra folder you should have com.apple.boot.plist

follow the instruction from my post just above to get your efi string for your video card

and also add this too the file:

careful it's organised as a <key>..</key>

followed by a <string>...</string>

don't past anything between these lines as they work by pair...

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>-f</key>
<string></string>

change the 1 to whatever you want in second

reboot that should be it

Hi Eliade,

Thanks for the reply.

i already had Chameleon 2.0 installed i followed your guide but no sound still.

i need the original kext, what i did was use your pack and used kexthelper to install them all.

So Im assuming i need all the ones in your pack.

Hi Eliade,

Thanks for the reply.

i already had Chameleon 2.0 installed i followed your guide but no sound still.

i need the original kext, what i did was use your pack and used kexthelper to install them all.

So Im assuming i need all the ones in your pack.

then go to S/L/E and delete all the one from my pack hopefully osxtools kept the color so it should be easy to target them

then use kexthelper to restore those:

original_10.5.7.zip

to be sure re-download the pack of kext, because I modified it three times, so that you get the latest sound kext...

I'll re-post it here:

PACK_for_10.5.7.zip

to be sure re-download the pack of kext, because I modified it three times, so that you get the latest sound kext...

I'll re-post it here:

Eliade,

I see that you are not using LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext in your latest pack. If I exlcude this one, I get the yellow icons for Sata HDDs. Are you not having this issue?

Everything is working (was). I was coming from Fedora Core 10 and was trying to convert my ext3 drives to HFS+... long story short... toasted my install and my ext3 thanks to windows and a ext2 file system.

Anyways, the one issue I had left was I noticed there was a drop shadow on the mouse but had QE and CoreImage enabled. This was just from the EFI string being installed.... no NV* kexts. Anyone else experience that?

Eliade,

I see that you are not using LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext in your latest pack. If I exlcude this one, I get the yellow icons for Sata HDDs. Are you not having this issue?

OOPS I missed one kext reposting:

PACK_for_10.5.7.zip

you need LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage to fix the yellow icon

that's the one I forgot to add to the pack, sorry

now the pack is complete, the way I have on my setup

(I don't use voodoo, but I do use jmicronata for IDE)