QE/CE

fab

5 posts in this topic

Hi

This maybe is a stupid question but I try to do it.

I have a 10.5.5 installation with retail dvd.

It work perfect except if I run System Profiler it open and close in 2 seconds and I can't have a look at the information inside it

My problem is to check if QE/CE are enable on my Graphic card

I have a Nvidia 8600 GT

How I can have this information without using System Profiler?

is there a terminal command to have this info or a third part software that shows me those info?

Thanks

There's a way to test..

Open dashboard, and click the little plus arrow in the bottom left corner, it'll open up a shelf full of widgets.

Drag any of the widgets from the bottom to the main area of Dashboard, and it will morph into the actual widget from the square widget icon. When you let go of the mouse button, it will drop onto the dashboard, if you see ripples coming off of it when you drop it onto the dashboard, you have QE/CI. If you don't see any ripples then you do not have QE/CI.

QE stands for Quartz Extreme, and CI stands for Core Image.

There's a way to test..

Open dashboard, and click the little plus arrow in the bottom left corner, it'll open up a shelf full of widgets.

Drag any of the widgets from the bottom to the main area of Dashboard, and it will morph into the actual widget from the square widget icon. When you let go of the mouse button, it will drop onto the dashboard, if you see ripples coming off of it when you drop it onto the dashboard, you have QE/CI. If you don't see any ripples then you do not have QE/CI.

QE stands for Quartz Extreme, and CI stands for Core Image.

I was expecting a less empiric way.....

thanks anyway.

Grazie