DSDT Patcher

fassl

752 posts in this topic

Hi!

this has probably been asked a million times but I cannot find the answer in the thread, its probably there but its very long now so I try and ask it anyway:

If my computer wakes up perfectly from hibernate except that usbuhci devices dont power up what can I do to fix it? Anything I can change in the dsdt_fixed.txt?

If I change in the dsdt_fixed.txt what command do I write to copmiple it into a .aml file?

Hi, i am running my GA-EP35-DS3 Board with "fullloaded" dsdt patch.

TM/LAN fix, EFI GFX String 3850, AppleHDA, HPET NEW - PERFECT :D

All is OK with that above.

Shutdown OK , Sleep OK - WAKEUP = REBOOT :(?!

But i now (never tested since dsdt) if i sleep the "Mac" it sleeps , OK

It also wakes up (keyboard, mouse) but insted of OS X GUI it reboots ?!

I came to test this because someone told me he has with dsdt.aml (no errors) aktive, an reboot insted shutdown .

What can it be (must be something with the dsdt) ?

Which parts should i take a look (dsdt.dsl) ?

fassl, Is the GUI DSDT that gets installed from iPC OSx86 PPF5 Universal Final Install DVD the latest version?

Do I need the NewHPET option checked when I create my DSDT?

Dunno what this NewHPET is and do not know if I need it ticked before I start the compiling?

Its an Asus Maximus Formula SE with the Intel ICH9 X38 chipset. Came out right after the P5K P35 chipset Asus MB.

I ran this application and it found 71 warnings but zero errors and compiles either with or without NewHPET. So go with NewHPET choice?

Will this DSDT.asl be needed in future OSX software updates? 10.5.7 update?

Guest BuildSmart

There are a lot of misconceptions as to why a DSDT.aml file is needed.

It is not needed, it is something you want.

It can be used to resolve a lot of different issues.

You can fix the built-in ethernet bug.

You can do video without a GFX string or driver like Natit, this works for most ATI and nVidia cards.

You can fix the PCI card recognition issues.

You can fix audio so HDAEnabler.kext or ALCinject.kext are not required and if your one of those lucky ones who has Realtek ALC885 audio that conforms to the apple ports you can have audio without patching any files.

You can fix HPET and RTC issues.

You can fix CPU issues.

You can fix SATA issues.

You can fix PATA issues.

You can fix SMBus issues.

These fixes are not just for 10.5.6, they are for 10.4.x to 10.5.x.

I made a bootloader, a couple of kexts that are placed on the EFI partition and some DSDT.aml files, this configuration allows me to boot up any true vanilla 10.4.x or vanilla 10.5.x as well as boot the retail 10.4 or 10.5 install DVD's to perform the vanilla installs and yes, the installs are all vanilla, no installed software is modified so software update is no longer a concern for breakage.

I think fassl's patcher is a very good idea however I believe that some of the things he's doing is not done optimally and how he patches HPET in most instances is incorrect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling this utility a piece of {censored}, I think it great but it could stand to be improved in several areas.

I'm also willing to help fassl with his project if he has some time and can visit me on my IRC to discuss the changes but this is of course dependent on him wanting to improve his utility, if he feels it's fine the way it is then so be it.

GA-EP35-DS3 (all GA-35 look like same in that USB case)

Especially the shutdown (some GA Boards reboot insted) and wakeup seems to be a problem with dsdt (poszed this here).

I also found out some ??? about fixes in the WAK and USB devs(its one of the first automatic fixes of the dsdt tools).

Normaly(after fixing WAK) :

... Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB0, Zero)

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB1, Zero)

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB2, Zero)

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB3, Zero)

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB4, Zero)

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USB5, Zero)

Return (Package (0x02)

{

Zero,

Zero

})

}

--------

In the USB part (GA have more than 5 USB Ports) we find more USB named things.

Device (USB0)

Device (USB1)

Device (USB2)

Device (USB3)

Device (USB31)

Device (USB4)

Device (USB5)

Device (USBE)

Device (USE2)

These in bold are also listed in the IoRegistryExplorer, but not in that WAK section ?!

I dont have problems with USB, but maybe that WAK may include some more devices at the end ? Also it would be great if some dsdt hero could (for testing) tell us in which part of the dsdt we have to look, if without dsdt shutdown / sleep+wakeup works, with dsdt (no errors in compiling!) THAT DIDNT WORK anymore.

So that issue (shutdown/reboot/sleep+wakeup) must be somewhere in the generated dsdt fixes. I use OpenHalt Restart and tested without it. Then my mac can shutdown anymore if removed (same with/without dsdt).

I think those refer controllers not ports, normally you should have:

6 USB 1.1 (UHCI) controllers, split into 2 different parents.

2 USB 2.0 (EHCI) controllers, from 2 different parents.

So USB0-5 would refer to UCHI Controllers and USBE and USE2 to EHCI Controllers.

Not sure what the USB31 means though...

Hi Fassl, Please I need a bios mod for my Asus P5Q-E (not 0803) because it has a 1703 and I can´t flash it.

I have a Q6600 with 2 GB RAM DDR2 800MHz and HD 3870 1 GB

BIOS Link http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8273cbd...04e75f6e8ebb871

ORIGINAL Link http://support.asus.com/download/download....amp;model=P5Q-E

I upload the new 1901 bios !

Many thanks

Hello,

I tried to install OSX at my Laptop with Phoenix BIOS (Nexoc Osiris E619) and it works quite well with a few Bugs.

One thing is to get both cores working i want to get a patched DSDT but the patcher quits with over 200 errors (see attached file below).

I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me what i can do to get a working dsdt.aml :D

I`ve attached my BIOS-file too if that could be helpful

dsdt_error.rtf

JFL92118.ROM.zip

JFL92118.WPH.zip

Hello,

I tried to install OSX at my Laptop with Phoenix BIOS (Nexoc Osiris E619) and it works quite well with a few Bugs.

One thing is to get both cores working i want to get a patched DSDT but the patcher quits with over 200 errors (see attached file below).

I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me what i can do to get a working dsdt.aml ;)

I`ve attached my BIOS-file too if that could be helpful

dsdt_error.rtf

JFL92118.ROM.zip

JFL92118.WPH.zip

You have to attach the debug folder....

This was the error:

All your cpu0 code was like this: ^CPU0. and the intel compiler is very strict with the first character.

I did change it to: \_PR.CPU0. wich is more intel "friendly" and the errors went away.

Here is the fixed DSDT.dsl and the compiled DSDT.aml with the HPET and RTC code added. :unsure:

DSDT_fixed.zip

are you sure the dsdt.aml file (in / ) was loaded ?

if not try the debug version of the boot (chameleon with dsdt debug) gives information very slow for the part of the dsdt usage.

At least you know then if the dsdt.aml was loaded with success.

There are a lot of misconceptions as to why a DSDT.aml file is needed.

You can fix audio so HDAEnabler.kext or ALCinject.kext are not required and if your one of those lucky ones who has Realtek ALC885 audio that conforms to the apple ports you can have audio without patching any files.

Hi,

i just try to get my Onboard-Sound (ALC885) in my PC working with that, so can you please explain what to do or do you have an example for the code?

Edit: I got partial success with this code:

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Return (Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0D, 
					0x05
				})
			}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x08)
					{
						"codec-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x85, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
						}, 

"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"device-type", 
						Buffer (0x11)
						{
							"ALC885"
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (0x28)
						{
							/* 0000 */	0x10, 0x40, 0x01, 0x01, 0x64, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01, 
							/* 0008 */	0x71, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01, 0x82, 0x20, 0x01, 0x01, 
							/* 0010 */	0x30, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x01, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x02, 
							/* 0018 */	0x40, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, 0x50, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02, 
							/* 0020 */	0xF0, 0x71, 0x44, 0x01, 0x90, 0x71, 0x45, 0x11
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
			{
				If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
						{
							/* 0000 */	0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, 
							/* 0008 */	0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
						}))
				{
					If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
					{
						If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
						{
							Store (Buffer (One)
								{
									0x03
								}, Arg4)
							Return (One)
						}

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
						{
							Return (One)
						}
					}
				}

Store (Buffer (One)
					{
						0x00
					}, Arg4)
				Return (Zero)
			}
		}

screen-capture6fd2.png

screen-capture-1ej85.png

But i get no sound out of none of my ports (mic in, line out, etc)

Any suggestions?

No, don`t sure but will try this too.

Unfortunately i have actually only remote access to the Notebook so this can take a bit longer

If you got the option, try enabling ExecuteDisableBit in Bios, enabling this gave me all my cores instantly without even touching dsdt (although i now have it for GFX, Sleep, etc^^)

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone take a look at my DSDT file for me?

I have an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and i7 920. I can boot fine with only 1 core enabled and no HT but when I enable them I get "Still waiting for root device". I looked at my .dsl file to see if there were any alias lines to delete but my .dsl file is different compared to the P6T Deluxe guide. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. I have been trying to get it working for a few weeks now but no luck. Also if my computer goes to sleep the display won't come back on with the computer. Can the dsdt fix this aswell? I have a BFG 1 gig 9800 GTX+ using an efi string. Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: I got it working. Thanks Anyway.

i7.tar

UPDATE: Guys it looks like final 10.5.6 AppleRTC.kext doesnt panic without DSDT patch, so you probably wont need it. It paniced on new macbook and some beta 10.5.6 update though.

Update:

Version 1.0.1e

-added OSI emulation by mackerintel

-added Mute fix by mackerintel

thx for this :P

[attachment ... DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e.zip]

Hi I am a Noobie and having a Panic problem with HPET undefined CPU(s) error. I have no idea what to do next, I am suspecting it is BIOS related. More details can be found in the forum at www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=146052&pid=1121856&mode=threaded&start=#entry1121856

Can you review and advise on possible next steps? Many Thanks

Hi, I've been trying to do a DSDT fix for my PC (the one in sig) with DSDT Patcher GUI from pcwiz, but I've got some errors instead. The options were Darwin (of course) with the new HPET. Can you please check what am I doing wrong? I've attached the corresponding session folder. Thanks in advance!

Session.zip

I think those refer controllers not ports, normally you should have:

6 USB 1.1 (UHCI) controllers, split into 2 different parents.

2 USB 2.0 (EHCI) controllers, from 2 different parents.

So USB0-5 would refer to UCHI Controllers and USBE and USE2 to EHCI Controllers.

Not sure what the USB31 means though...

@mitch_de & thorazine74

UHCI #6; D26:F2 or D29:F3; D26:F2 can be configured as D29:F3 during BIOS post.

(From Intel® I/O Controller Hub 10 (ICH10) Family Datasheet, but seems to be the case for other ICH families too)

The 6th UHCI can be reconfigured to the logical device where the first 3 UHCI are located (if I got that right), which would kinda fit...

Sorry for replying to this so many posts later, but might be interesting.

@mitch_de & thorazine74

UHCI #6; D26:F2 or D29:F3; D26:F2 can be configured as D29:F3 during BIOS post.

(From Intel® I/O Controller Hub 10 (ICH10) Family Datasheet, but seems to be the case for other ICH families too)

The 6th UHCI can be reconfigured to the logical device where the first 3 UHCI are located (if I got that right), which would kinda fit...

Sorry for replying to this so many posts later, but might be interesting.

Thanks , always interesting to get background informations here !

So it doesnt matter that in that WAK part, only USB0-USB5 are listet with return(0) and not that others USB31 ..

I have a GA-EP45T-DS3R board. When I used the DSDT patcher I get no errors, 3 warnings and the dsdt.aml is ceated, however when I boot up with it in / I get a kernel panic with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext . I am using munky's EFI partition install method so that I have a nearly vanilla install on my main partition. So, I get the kernel panic with or without the dsdt.aml file. What am I missing?