DSDT Patcher

fassl

752 posts in this topic

i get 5 warnings 44 optimizations

but no problem after restart...

i havent installed 10.5.6 yet

./dsdt_fixed.txt 396: Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1080 - ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 4569: Method (RVLT, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (RVLT)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 4695: Method (RTMP, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (RTMP)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 4885: Method (OCOP, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (OCOP)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5727: Method (GCQV, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (GCQV)

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 7926 lines, 248251 bytes, 3210 keywords

AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 25473 bytes, 1043 named objects, 2167 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 5 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 44 Optimizations

debug.tar

For the not all paths return a value there is probally a bunch of if statements and no return path if none of those get chosen so you have to set a return (zero) or return 0x00 on the none branching path. So search for RVLT or one of your other ones and just before the closing bracket put return (0x00).

i added it and warning is not shown for Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized) but no sleep yet...

For the not all paths return a value there is probally a bunch of if statements and no return path if none of those get chosen so you have to set a return (zero) or return 0x00 on the none branching path. So search for RVLT or one of your other ones and just before the closing bracket put return (0x00).

i got it but the only use of return 0x00 is to just minimize the no of warning messages no?any other use of it?.....

and what are optimizations?...

My problem is:

If i compile dsdt with newHPET option on 10.5.6 i got not functional PCI and KP while system is shutting down but sleep works very well then.

Example: WIFI Card is not detected, Airport kext is loaded (Atheros) but card seems to be powered down.

Moving PCI card on the second slot make it works (!)

Checked on 2 comps, slot must be second one from

PCIe gfx

On 10.5.5 everything is OK.

Without -newHPET, HPET.kext does not loading and sleep working without suspend to ram (only hibernation file).

Problem appear only on 10.5.6, is there any way to fix it?

Sleep "suspend to ram" still does not works

dsdt.tar

Hi, guys. I need you guys' help. Even if I read all the posts here, I can't solve my problem.

Basically, when I try to patch dsdt, I get 7 errors and 1 warning like this.

Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

./dsdt_fixed.txt  2338:						 Store (\_SB.PCI0.IDE0.PAMD, Local0)
Error	4063 -									Object does not exist ^  (\_SB.PCI0.IDE0.PAMD)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  2345:						 Store (\_SB.PCI0.IDE1.SAMD, Local0)
Error	4063 -									Object does not exist ^  (\_SB.PCI0.IDE1.SAMD)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  4271:			 If (LNot (And (\_SB.PCI0.HFZF, Local2)))
Error	4063 -						   Object does not exist ^  (\_SB.PCI0.HFZF)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  4275:					 Or (\_SB.PCI0.HFZF, Local2, \_SB.PCI0.HFZF)
Error	4063 -						Object does not exist ^  (\_SB.PCI0.HFZF)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  4275:					 Or (\_SB.PCI0.HFZF, Local2, \_SB.PCI0.HFZF)
Error	4063 -												Object does not exist ^  (\_SB.PCI0.HFZF)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  4417:	 Method (WFZF, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -						^ Not all control paths return a value (WFZF)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  4430:			 Return (While (Local1)
Error	4095 -								 ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_WHILE

./dsdt_fixed.txt  4444:			 })
Error	4095 -					  ^ syntax error, unexpected ')'

ASL Input:  ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 5169 lines, 159035 bytes, 1734 keywords
Compilation complete. 7 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 479 Optimizations

When I force compile it with -f flag, I can boot from this dsdt.aml, but the problem is that fan control isn't working.

Sleep seems to work, but the fan is still on. Likewise, when I shutdown, fan does not turn off, so I had to manually turn it off.

I even read "how to fix dsdt" in other sites, but I have no idea how to fix it, especially "Object does not exist" error. :wacko:

I'm now using munky's method, voodoo kernel 9.5.0, (CPU is Celeron D 361) on ASUS P5LD2-VM.

Here I attached my tar file. Thank you in advance.

misterx.tar

Sleep, well fixing the _WAK Device in DSDT could enable sleep, some _WAK Devices need this at the end:
Return(Package(0x02){0x00, 0x00})

thx to realityiswhere for pointing that out.

Hi - I would like to try this but I can't figure out where to put this into the code so that it gets compiled with it.

Thx

hey lads,

im trying to get all 4 cores of my q6600 working in my dell inspiron 530, with iDeneb 10.5.5.

i was shown this thread and the DSDT patcher but i have no idea how to actually do this.

i downloaded the chameleon.zip attached to the first post and the DSDT patcher, now what? what do i actually do to get this working??

how do i install chameleon?

thanks

a question, if my system fail to load the AppleIntelCPUpowermanagement (kernel panic) it means that i fail to patch dsdt or even a system with correct dsdt can fail to load that kext??

i'm forced to compile dsdt manually,after changing the dsdt_fixed.txt file because automatic compilation fail due too many errors, looking on this thread i've find a solution for that, changing ^CPU0 rows, it compile, and generate the file, i'm unaware if it load at the start,the only attempt i made was to manually load the appleintelcpuetcetc and it crash.

I'm currently on 10.5.5. thanks

ah. i forgot.

PLEASE. who has the knowledge let us know if the file has to be named DSDT.aml or dsdt.aml or if the name does not matter. i've read on the Netkas site about its name as Capital, while using Uinstaller it install it in the root of the disk using non capitals letters.

Debug.zip

Hi Everybody,

I'm using PCEFI V9 aka Chameleon V1.0.12 by netkas. Boot loader seems to work fine.

But I have a problem with DSDT Patcher V1.0.1e , I got no dsdt.aml generated.

I got some errors in the terminal Window : here's my debug folder

Thanks a lot for helping :D

Alain.

Any idea for me ? thanks

a question, if my system fail to load the AppleIntelCPUpowermanagement (kernel panic) it means that i fail to patch dsdt or even a system with correct dsdt can fail to load that kext??

Correct one lets you load it so kernel panic means it is not working.

i'm forced to compile dsdt manually,after changing the dsdt_fixed.txt file because automatic compilation fail due too many errors, looking on this thread i've find a solution for that, changing ^CPU0 rows, it compile, and generate the file, i'm unaware if it load at the start,the only attempt i made was to manually load the appleintelcpuetcetc and it crash.

I'm currently on 10.5.5. thanks

Does not work then and during boot if you use verbose mode (-v at the Darwin boot loader reached by hitting F8 key during boot) you can just briefly see it saying Loading file DSDT you have to be watching real close or you will never see it.

ah. i forgot.

PLEASE. who has the knowledge let us know if the file has to be named DSDT.aml or dsdt.aml or if the name does not matter. i've read on the Netkas site about its name as Capital, while using Uinstaller it install it in the root of the disk using non capitals letters.

Works here in Capitals if you are real concerned put both lower and upper case copies in / it is a small file and will not take up much room..

Guest BuildSmart
hi,

none of the patchers are able to produce a working dstd.aml for my laptop hp nx7400, does someone with knowledge can try to fix this issue by manually patching the file i attached?

we are a few with this laptop and have never been able to enjoy dual core.

thanks in advance.

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=SDSVOS57

The reason is simple, the patchers available only seem to work with certain names like HPET and RTC, variations like HPEE or RTC0 aren't considered and a proper test for something like "PNP0103" (HPET) or "PNP0B00" (RTC) would have been the proper way to locate the correct function but this wasn't considered for some reason.

Even after patching some DSDT's fail to compile and even a manual approach yields little results, yours is an example, it seg-faults the GNU iasl app however, I am luck enough to have a modified version of this tool that does compile even the most stuborn dsdt source.

Oh, and so we understand why it failed for you, your RTC and HPET function names were C215 and C216.

iasl dsdt.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080908 [Nov  18 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

dsdt.dsl  2829:					 Method (_BCQ, 0, Serialized)
Warning  1097 -		  Unknown reserved name ^  (_BCQ)

dsdt.dsl  9956:						 If (LEqual (C2C6 (0x00), 0x01))
Warning  1091 -										^ Called method may not always return a value

dsdt.dsl  9980:						 If (LEqual (C2C6 (0x01), 0x01))
Warning  1091 -										^ Called method may not always return a value

dsdt.dsl 10857:			 Method (C2C6, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1086 -						^ Not all control paths return a value (C2C6)

ASL Input:  dsdt.dsl - 13713 lines, 502675 bytes, 6363 keywords
AML Output: dsdt.aml - 60558 bytes, 1078 named objects, 5285 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 4 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 2152 Optimizations

Here's your DSDT.aml, patched and compiled, also a DSDT-CPU.aml that should allow both cores to work but I couldn't test it cause I don't have the laptop but I did force both CPU's to be active.

dsdt.tar.gz

The reason is simple, the patchers available only seem to work with certain names like HPET and RTC, variations like HPEE or RTC0 aren't considered and a proper test for something like "PNP0103" (HPET) or "PNP0B00" (RTC) would have been the proper way to locate the correct function but this wasn't considered for some reason.

Even after patching some DSDT's fail to compile and even a manual approach yields little results, yours is an example, it seg-faults the GNU iasl app however, I am luck enough to have a modified version of this tool that does compile even the most stuborn dsdt source.

do you have a modified versionof the patcher that you would be willing to share? there are a number of us with hp laptops waiting for the solution to dual-core....(if it works)

thanks!

and RTC, variations like HPEE or RTC0 aren't considered and a proper test for something like "PNP0103" (HPET) or "PNP0B00" (RTC) would have been the proper way to locate the correct

@BuildSmart

Hello.

May you explain me why in the aml you sent to the other user (sorry, i decompiled it because I'm trying to study using the ACPI reference manual and also from the other posts you seems in deep with the argument) there is also a _CID (Compatible ID) field in the HPET device "declaration"?

Device (HPET)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))

Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C01"))

The only reason I can figure out is that some OS interpreter could link HPET device to a non standard identifier. Can it be Darwin?

I read in some other place (don't remember where) that PNPXXXX are standard identifiers. Does it exist a list somewhere? Using find in the ACPI reference yeld to nothing.

Thanks

sorry, but i'm a bit confused with the DSDT Patcher instructions, it says:

"To patch your DSDT just double-click the DSDT Patcher, the fixed DSDT should now be dsdt.aml in the Patcher directory."

In the zip there are only

drwxrwxr-x 5 170B Dec 19 08:52 __MACOSX

drwx------ 76 2K Dec 19 08:51 ..

-rw-r--r-- 1 225K Dec 19 08:51 DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e.zip

drwxr-xr-x 5 170B Nov 13 12:54 Tools

-rwxr-xr-x 1 23K Nov 13 12:39 DSDT Patcher

-rw-r--r-- 1 2K Nov 13 12:33 Readme.rtf

as you see, NO .app, so NO WAY to double click anything here, maybe in Leopard you can double-click without it being a .app? I'm in tiger 10.4.11

Thanks

sorry, but i'm a bit confused with the DSDT Patcher instructions, it says:

"To patch your DSDT just double-click the DSDT Patcher, the fixed DSDT should now be dsdt.aml in the Patcher directory."

In the zip there are only

drwxrwxr-x 5 170B Dec 19 08:52 __MACOSX

drwx------ 76 2K Dec 19 08:51 ..

-rw-r--r-- 1 225K Dec 19 08:51 DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e.zip

drwxr-xr-x 5 170B Nov 13 12:54 Tools

-rwxr-xr-x 1 23K Nov 13 12:39 DSDT Patcher

-rw-r--r-- 1 2K Nov 13 12:33 Readme.rtf

as you see, NO .app, so NO WAY to double click anything here, maybe in Leopard you can double-click without it being a .app? I'm in tiger 10.4.11

Thanks

"DSDT Patcher", there it is.

just double click it, or run it in terminal, type: ./DSDT\ Patcher

ok, but is not a .app so if you see it in finder it will show up a white page, meaning double-click won't do anything

Running it from terminal i get the following errors:

$ ./DSDT\ Patcher

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _system$UNIX2003

Referenced from: /Users/lurscher/Desktop/DSDT/./DSDT Patcher

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _system$UNIX2003

Trace/BPT trap

i'm not sure what is wrong, if something on my side or what

ok, but is not a .app so if you see it in finder it will show up a white page, meaning double-click won't do anything

Running it from terminal i get the following errors:

$ ./DSDT\ Patcher

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _system$UNIX2003

dyld: Symbol not found: _system$UNIX2003

Trace/BPT trap

i'm not sure what is wrong, if something on my side or what

Simple Terminal programs don't need a whole .app package, so they don't come in one. These programs should show up with a Terminal icon in Finder. On my 10.4 system I can also run it from the Finder and it starts the Terminal itself.

But it looks like the DSDT patcher was compiled for 10.5 only as there are parts missing it 10.4's libraries. Maybe he will also make a version for 10.4 or can make a version for both.

ah i think i understand the issue here; DSDT is only needed for getting 10.5.6, not for getting leopard. So i can just run JaS 10.5.4, getting it to work on my asus p6t, dump DSDT, fix my multiple core/HT issue, and then get 10.5.6

this is the approach right?