Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

it worked with the second link you gave me ^_^^_^^_^^_^

Thank you so much verdan !!!! ;)

a last little question ^^

my aiport icon is gone from the menu bar and I can't select the option in network..

Picture1.jpg

How can I put it back?

You seem to be very happy now.......I wonder why..........could it be something I have said.....? ;)

Are you saying that you cannot find any option "Show AirPort status in menu bar"?

Try this.........Open Network panel in System Preferences, click on + in lefthand menu, and pick a new AirPort Interface Service Name such as USRoboticsWiFi and click on Create.......do you then get a new Window with the option "Show AirPort status in menu bar"?

If so, delete Airport option by clicking on - in lefthand menu, then highlighting USRoboticsWiFi in lefthand menu and check box for "Show AirPort status in menu bar", select other options as required and then click "Turn Airport On" button.......

Hi,

has anyone installed with a MPC73 chipset?

I have tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and iDeneb 10.5.5 and impossible.

I changed the hard drive and unplugged the another I have, so I'm trying to a new sata hdd completely new, but I haven't had any sucessful intallation.

Your previously mentioned error

"using 14417 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

is likely BIOS related since "buffer headers and cluster IO buffer headers" in boot up error messages invariably point to BIOS issues......as does only being able to boot with cpus=1......see post #1 for section on BIOS DSDT modding.......

You need to let me know what BIOS options you have and do not have, compared with my recommended OSx86 settings for 610i in post #1, how much MOBO RAM you have (is it 3GB?) and be more specific about your problems and what you get when booting any Install DVD with "-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 debug=0x100" without quotes at the Darwin boot: prompt obtained on pressing F8.......

I recommend trying Mysticus C*'s 10.5.5 Combo Update packages like this:

1. Boot with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048

2. Run nForce Drivers Package v1.2 with following choices nForceATA by slashack and usb fixes/usb mount fix/voodoo beta 2c kernel

3. Restart

4. Run nForce Pre-patch (with Installer logging on) and don't close installer window or restart

5. Run Combo Updater (with Installer logging on) and don't close installer window or restart

6. Run post-patch, choosing NVdarwin GFX Drivers/NVdarwin XXXMB and Patched NVDIA Drivers options...as well as your other selections......using Just Restore for Audio, Lan, etc.

You can then run Voodoo RV v1.0 Rev_A .dmg to install Voodoo RV v1.0 Rev_A kernel....

Aight so i followed this as much as i could along with Mysticus C's actual guide. I am unsuccessful... Alot further than last time as the Mac seems to "boot up" but i just get a black screen after the apple goes away and theres a FROZEN mouse cursor in the top right ALONG WITH my mouse cursor that i can move around. So i dunno what the hell happened but eh its weird. So i am on Kalyway 10.5.2 again. I am gonna try to run the update again from here but first im goin to burn iPC 10.5.6 so i can try to install that after this try (if this doesnt work) If you guys have any info on what the hell happened to me it would be greatly Apprecited! Ill link a picture of the screen in a few minutes.

DSC00921.jpg

Hi, verdant thanks for the answer.

When I wrote the message about headers I had been trying to install iPC OSx86 10.5.6 with the three patches they have released (I forgot to write the name in the DVD). I have tried with the text you told me (-v maxmem=2048 debu=0x100) and the result is the same.

Anyway, with iDeneb 10.5.5 I had the same problem, but at least I could install. The problem was after the installation, when the computer is rebooted I had the same error message. I install with any flag, with one kernel, after the next one, ....

After your post I tried to install Kalyway with the same results, but in this case the message is different:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0 Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by Toh:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

and the DVD freezes.

The only distro I can find where I can choose kernel or patches is iDeneb.

So, I have taken pictures of the two erros and my BIOS. It's allways the same in all the installation I have tried until now.

All the specs of my computer are in the signature but I'm trying with another different SATA HDD (Seagate 7200.9, 160GB) and I have unplugged the another (with Linux and Vista) to avoid problems. If any installation is sucessful I will plug the another.

Best regards and thanks

post-349894-1232302839_thumb.jpg

post-349894-1232302861_thumb.jpg

post-349894-1232302889_thumb.jpg

post-349894-1232302904_thumb.jpg

post-349894-1232302920_thumb.jpg

post-349894-1232302940_thumb.jpg

post-349894-1232302990_thumb.jpg

post-349894-1232303025_thumb.jpg

help verdant :D

my internet doesn't work anymore ö

It doesn't find my airport card anymore, I Tried to reinstall it by doing this:

http://www.neonkoala.co.uk/index.php?optio...ss&Itemid=3

Didn't helped

and it doesn't find my lan cable anymore, every time I restart it says that it found a new ethernetport and that I have to click apply, when I do it says cable is not plugged in

but it is plugged in !!

And when I do more about this mac it says no info available about the airport card :D

When I restarted today and yesterday no problem, the internet kept working and now I put it in sleep and It is gone :P

help verdant :D

my internet doesn't work anymore ö

It doesn't find my airport card anymore, I Tried to reinstall it by doing this:

http://www.neonkoala.co.uk/index.php?optio...ss&Itemid=3

Didn't helped

and it doesn't find my lan cable anymore, every time I restart it says that it found a new ethernetport and that I have to click apply, when I do it says cable is not plugged in

but it is plugged in !!

And when I do more about this mac it says no info available about the airport card :P

When I restarted today and yesterday no problem, the internet kept working and now I put it in sleep and It is gone :(

Try turning off your PC, unplug both the power cable and Ethernet cable, for at least 30 seconds, preferably for a minute or two sure, plug them back, then turn on your PC, boot from OS X and hopefully it should work…….

@ jccguays

For your BIOS settings, disable Intel Virtualization Tech and please post your Power Management options in BIOS as your last boot screen suggests you are having ACPI - APIC problems......

@ SilverSix311

I think it may be a video issue......try booting with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048 before following the procedure for updating......

nope no result :s will try to boot in vista to look if it works there :s but the light doesn't light up from the ethernet cable

another problem, I tried to delete the 3 new ethenernet connections the thing makes but I deleted airport :s in system configuartaion - network, will et be back when I restart?

it lights up when i put the power and the lan cable back in but at the moment it loads leopard it goes out... :s

will now look in vista

lights up in vista and my network card also works there... Do I have to reinstall iatkos?

nope no result :s will try to boot in vista to look if it works there :s but the light doesn't light up from the ethernet cable

another problem, I tried to delete the 3 new ethenernet connections the thing makes but I deleted airport :s in system configuartaion - network, will et be back when I restart?

it lights up when i put the power and the lan cable back in but at the moment it loads leopard it goes out... :s

will now look in vista

lights up in vista and my network card also works there... Do I have to reinstall iatkos?

You may be having some conflict between Airport and onboard LAN........do not have both Ethernet and Airport turned on at the same time.......

I'm not able to get out of 1024 x 768 resolution. I've got the 630i chipset with 7100 integrated graphics. I've tried the NVdarwin and NVinject, both work though dont give me any other options for resolutions. I've tried NVKush though wasn't able to get it working. I tried using switchresx to add additional resolutions without results. Any idea's?

I've also got an ALC662 audio controller that's not working. Anyone know where to get this driver or would it be best to go the AppleHDA patch method?

nope, when I plug out the cable my airport doesn't work and when I pull my aiport card away and plug in my lan cable it also doesn't work..;

reinstall?,

Have LAN cable connected and Airport card plugged in and then boot up OS X as normal and then go into Terminal and type

sudo dmesg

and save output as text file that you can post here......

Hi guys! How can I make my ethernet work on my NForce 570 Ultra with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+??? I tried Forcedeth, forcedeth-v, eno's NVLan .11 and it still doesn't work. I had SOME results with eno's kext. THe first time I installed it, I had internet. I rebooted, and I had no connection anymore. I tried reinstalling it and it worked, but after a reboot, it stopped working. Now, even after reinstalling it, it won't work. I get the NO IP ADDRESS thing. I tried entering my DNS but it didn't help.

I'm not able to get out of 1024 x 768 resolution. I've got the 630i chipset with 7100 integrated graphics. I've tried the NVdarwin and NVinject, both work though dont give me any other options for resolutions. I've tried NVKush though wasn't able to get it working. I tried using switchresx to add additional resolutions without results. Any idea's?

I've also got an ALC662 audio controller that's not working. Anyone know where to get this driver or would it be best to go the AppleHDA patch method?

Do you have CI/QE working properly?

here you have it :( thx men

npvhash=4095

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

64 bit mode enabled

rtclock_init: Taking bus ratio path 4 (Intel / Apple)

TSC: Frequency = 2399.956677MHz, bus frequency = 266.661853MHz, multiplier = 9

Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Tue Oct 14 07:39:11 IST 2008; Voodoo; Beta 2c :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 974411 free pages and 74165 wired pages

mig_table_max_displ = 79

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=3 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=3 LocalApicId=2 Enabled

Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet

calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall

Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt

calling mpo_policy_init for mb

Seatbelt MACF policy initialized

Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

[TSC] delta: 28, skipping synchronization. (CPU1)

[TSC] delta: -202, skipping synchronization. (CPU2)

[TSC] delta: -224, skipping synchronization. (CPU3)

IOAPIC: Version 0x11 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

SMBIOS: EFI bootloader

mbinit: done

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 073F3450-806A-3DA7-99FF-1C3387557265

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 by MeDevil (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xf408)

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x9e0, CTR 0xbe0, IRQ 23, BM 0xcc00)

USBF: 2.886 AppleUSBOHCI[0x608a800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x960, CTR 0xb60, IRQ 23, BM 0xcc08)

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 by MeDevil (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xf400)

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@D/AppleNForceATARoot/SEC0@1/AppleNForceATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/Maxtor 6Y080L0 Maxtor 6Y080L0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1

AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Jettisoning kernel linker.

Resetting IOCatalogue.

Matching service count = 2

jnl: unknown-dev: flushing fs disk buffer returned 0x5

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

ALCinject: Starting.

ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>

ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

nForceLAN: found nVidia MCP51 Ethernet Controller device 10de:0269 with flags 0x0000030b

nForce_Ethernet: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0269 is not known to work, but it could be supported in the future. Please contact the coder. Continuing anyway...

nForceLAN: Version 0.62.11 starting

nForceLAN: found nForce LAN with MAC: 00:1E:8C:89:D5:68.

NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

com_nvidia_ethernet: Ethernet address 00:1e:8c:89:d5:68

nForceLAN: Ethernet address 00:1e:8c:89:d5:68

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

so what I see that he finds a mac address but I don't see the problem :s

when I'm on my desktop my lan cable's lights aren't on anymore and when I go to system configuartion - network it says every time I reboot:

new interface detected

a new network interface has been detected

ethernet 2

please verify that it is configured correctly then hit apply

when I do this it says cable is not plugged in

Thanks for the reply. Core Image is set to software and Quartz Extreme is Not Supported. This is the case with both the NVinject 0.2.1 and NVdarwin 1.2.5. Am I missing something?

Until your integrated graphics is fully supported, just run in VESA 3.0 mode.......

1. After rebooting by typing -s at the boot: prompt and waiting for the prompt

:/ root# to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for :/ root# to re-appear:

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.kext

followed finally by exit.

"logout" will then appear on screen followed by "Jettisoning kernel linker" and the rest of the verbose booting screen, resulting in successful booting into the OS X Welcome screen and music.....

2. The System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

3. Modified the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT using your display resolution.....

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

@ de_autojohn

Suggest you try the procedure that clonek used to apparently fix his problem, which seems similar to your problems......see here.....

Also see here......

Verdant, could you please help me? I'm trying to get internet working on an Nforce 570 ULTRA (AMD Athlon 64 X2). THanks in advance! :)

If you run

lspci -nn

in Terminal, what vendor:device IDs do you get for your Ethernet Controller?

Check out this thread.....especially see posts #1, #31, #39.......remember to remove previous AppleHDA.kexts, Azalia, HDAEnabler.kext or ALCInject.kext before trying these kexts for ALC662.......

Thanks, that seemed to work. I've got it up to 1280x1024 though 1600x1200 didn't. Do you know if this works for 1080i resolutions? Like 1360x768, hooked up to a tv?

You can but try since AFIK nVidia GeForce 8 series and above GFX cards support resolutions up to 8192x8192 pixels, while the nVidia GeForce 7 series and below GFX cards support resolutions up to 4096x4096 pixels.....is 1600x1200 your LCD's natural or max. resolution?

I don't find a solution on the links or am I missing it ? I miss osx :(

Did you do try the following procedure from the first link......

Moved old kext to desktop

Deleted /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist

Installed new kext with kext helper

Deleted kext cache

Shutdown and unplugged for 30 sec.

On boot went to network prefs, one interface appeared and received a dhcp address.

Disabled Wireless interface

Gave wired interface a static IP. Internet worked

Shutdown and unplugged for 30 seconds again.

Booted up and the interface said cable unplugged (No network connection)

Rebooted

Disabled 2nd interface in BIOS

Booted OSX, new interface appeared in network prefs, got DHCP, set to static, confirmed connection to the internet.

Shutdown and unplugged for 30 seconds

Booted up and network was still working.

Second link was for fixing problem of duplicate MAC addresses being present even after CMOS reset.....

If still no joy it may be quicker to do a clean reinstall of OS X, remembering to:

1. Disable 2nd onboard LAN in BIOS and 2. Not have Airport and Ethernet connected/active simultaneously in OS X.....

even a reinstall didn't helped :P

Without more information it is difficult to know what to suggest next...........e.g. can you still boot into OS X.......repair permissions.......use everything OK except onboard LAN/Airport, i.e. no Internet/Network access or what?

You need to explain in more detail what you can and cannot now do in OS X.....

no because I don't get this part, I don't understand it:

It means go to /System/Library/Extensions/ and drag the nForceLAN.kext to the Desktop (to copy it there) and then delete it from /System/Library/Extensions/

Then go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete com.apple.network.identification.plist

Install nForceLAN.kext (i.e. latest version) using Kext Helper b7 or OSx86Tools

Remove kext cache files as follows:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches