GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Not sure where it was said that Netbookinstaller would help with GMA 4500, but if you are interested, it is located here:

Netbookinstaller

BTW, I don't think it will help.

As you can read my previous posts, someone using a dell netbook, either in this thread or in the dell 1545 thread, said that by using netbook installer made the gma4500 recognisable as gma950 (and I think he said that had qe/ci support, not sure though, I cant find the post).

I tried netbook installer and got native resolution but there is no kext loaded. I tried natit.kext which enables,or something, gma950 in order to load a kext but without luck. and since I have no idea of what I am really doing, I posted my findings here hoping that someone can figure it out. You can read my previous post also, it is in the same page.

bboyg was interested but there is no feedback after that. Thats why I asked.

A trusted member of this forum needs to setup a fund for the development of this driver, so developers have an incentive.

So it could be like everybody who donates (X) amount will receive the driver whenever a developer creates and finishes it. Then in (Y) months, the driver could be released to the public.

Ok, i just got a kext that i've found in kexts.com wich i suppose we all already have, i mean, it's the kext that allow you to recognize your card as a x3100 and is cracked for getting your native resolution. Therefore, i'm almost happy to have found it since it's almost all that i need, i mean, i'm not looking forward for playing mac games in this partition since i have another where is windows 7 already installed.

Then well, the only thing that i'm reaaally, really wishing is being able of playing dvds on leopard. Is there any other option to do this?....

I've read that it can be done with VLC, more precisely, 0.8.0 version, wich in fact i've already downloaded but the thing is that, it works well actually but only for a few second until it get hanged and all this with a very bad refresh rate. VLC 10.5.0 is not working at all, it shows a black image where sounds can be heard but you can't see anything.

If anybody could help with this i would be really grateful.. it's the only thing missing according to my expectations of this very frustrating video card.

And just one more thing, please do your best people, don't let this project die. We all hackintosh standart users with this pity card still having a hope on you... and whatever efford that has been done until now by you it's been reaally appreciated by us.. thank you.

Don't give up.

Ok, i just got a kext that i've found in kexts.com wich i suppose we all already have, i mean, it's the kext that allow you to recognize your card as a x3100 and is cracked for getting your native resolution. Therefore, i'm almost happy to have found it since it's almost all that i need, i mean, i'm not looking forward for playing mac games in this partition since i have another where is windows 7 already installed.

Then well, the only thing that i'm reaaally, really wishing is being able of playing dvds on leopard. Is there any other option to do this?....

I've read that it can be done with VLC, more precisely, 0.8.0 version, wich in fact i've already downloaded but the thing is that, it works well actually but only for a few second until it get hanged and all this with a very bad refresh rate. VLC 10.5.0 is not working at all, it shows a black image where sounds can be heard but you can't see anything.

If anybody could help with this i would be really grateful.. it's the only thing missing according to my expectations of this very frustrating video card.

And just one more thing, please do your best people, don't let this project die. We all hackintosh standart users with this pity card still having a hope on you... and whatever efford that has been done until now by you it's been reaally appreciated by us.. thank you.

Don't give up.

I think the only way is to port freebsd (or OpenBSD) driver. For example, Mercurysquad is about to accomplish a fully working intel agn wifi driver compatible with airport with the help of openbsd codes.

here's the link:

http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

Otherwise, there's no coder interest on this graphics processor for what I don't understand.

Netkas or aquamac or others.

On the other hand, iAtkos developers are trying to use Grub Bootloader (the great bootloader used mainly in linux distributions) instead of Chameleon in their upcoming osx86 distro, iAtkos S3. Maybe this will help to get linux or bsd intel x4500 drivers work on Snow Leopard. I don't know. Just an opinion...

I think the only way is to port freebsd (or OpenBSD) driver. For example, Mercurysquad is about to accomplish a fully working intel agn wifi driver compatible with airport with the help of openbsd codes.

here's the link:

http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

Otherwise, there's no coder interest on this graphics processor for what I don't understand.

Netkas or aquamac or others.

On the other hand, iAtkos developers are trying to use Grub Bootloader (the great bootloader used mainly in linux distributions) instead of Chameleon in their upcoming osx86 distro, iAtkos S3. Maybe this will help to get linux or bsd intel x4500 drivers work on Snow Leopard. I don't know. Just an opinion...

Has Any Body Goten QE/CI working On The Intel GMA X4500 yet?

Has Any Body Ever Gotten QE/CI working on the x4500 card yet?

Has Any Body Goten QE/CI working On The Intel GMA X4500 yet?

Has Any Body Ever Gotten QE/CI working on the x4500 card yet?

NO! For now only the native resolution is possible in a few ways. The graphics drivers in OS X are hard coded so their patching is more more harder than the Intel WLAN kexts. The porting of BSD driver is possible, but we need a real developers and coders here :rolleyes:

NO! For now only the native resolution is possible in a few ways. The graphics drivers in OS X are hard coded so their patching is more more harder than the Intel WLAN kexts. The porting of BSD driver is possible, but we need a real developers and coders here :)

how can we get some developers to help us? spread out over the internet email comment message some developers to help us please cause if at least 100 out of 5 thousand people spread out 1 of them if gotta find a developer to create a driver/kext? and i herd that the appleintelx3100FB.kext the one that gives us Native Resolution one of the to kext is not loading the FB (Frame Buffer) is the one giving us Native Resolution and the kext without the FB is not loading there for no QE/CI so we got to find a way to manually load the kext when the OS is started any one no how to do this?

Another idea, since intel has official linux drivers, is there anyway to port them to mac? I know that you are going to say again that we need developers, and I am not one, but are there any developers on this forum? All those guys who started this thread? Deviato? Netkas?

Another idea, since intel has official linux drivers, is there anyway to port them to mac? I know that you are going to say again that we need developers, and I am not one, but are there any developers on this forum? All those guys who started this thread? Deviato? Netkas?

Netkas is not interested. Deviato is kind of busy or something, cuz he is not responding with some new features lately. Now I`m waiting for answer from the guy who made the SwitchGPU tool for the IntelHD and nVidia cards in the new MacBookPro`s. I asked him to help us but there is still no answer.

i would like to say that any hope of getting the 4500 is when we even get our intel hds working the intel hd doesnt even work yet guys dont talk about getting the 4500 with those drivers

+1 on this point.. the intel gma HD thread just dead.. and i think the gfxswitcher author can help us on this because he made the manual switching between intel and nvidia 330m gpu..

someone with is familiar with coding can have a look on the source code.. maybe we can get our Intel HD kext working and modify it to x4500 kext..

Bit of a travesty the ball has been dropped here. For what it's worth, I've got a brand spankin' new i5 15" MBP here, with the Intel HD/330M combo obviously. So if there's any testing I can do, or files I can get.. something.. that would help, let me know.

As a future owner of a Thinkpad Edge (4500MHD powered), I'm very interested in seeing some progress here. I care not for Apple hardware.

Bit of a travesty the ball has been dropped here. For what it's worth, I've got a brand spankin' new i5 15" MBP here, with the Intel HD/330M combo obviously. So if there's any testing I can do, or files I can get.. something.. that would help, let me know.

As a future owner of a Thinkpad Edge (4500MHD powered), I'm very interested in seeing some progress here. I care not for Apple hardware.

Could you post your DSDT, please?

Hey guys,

Havent posted in this thread for awhile... since leopard. :/

I either don't know what to look for, or cant locate the kexts for snow leopard. My Card ID is 2a42, and it worked with full res under 10.5

If someone could link me to the kext(s) that would be great. i read 20 pages and couldn't find it, other than some dead links.

Thanks,

Abkratch

Hey guys,

Havent posted in this thread for awhile... since leopard. :/

I either don't know what to look for, or cant locate the kexts for snow leopard. My Card ID is 2a42, and it worked with full res under 10.5

If someone could link me to the kext(s) that would be great. i read 20 pages and couldn't find it, other than some dead links.

Thanks,

Abkratch

If you use Chameleon as you boot loader, I recommend this method instead of the modified GMA 3100 kexts. If it works for you, it will give you the same result:

Deviato's GMA 4500 resolution fix

Could you post your DSDT, please?

Forgot to mention.. I'm pretty new to Macs and hackintoshing. Could you explain/link me to something that explains how to post my DSDT? Do I just post the output of 'ioreg'?

Passa, just upload DSDT file from root of the partition where hachintosh located

Don`t u think that it is not necessary to exist a DSDT file on the root of the file system??!?!?! DSDT only helps OS X to recognize better your hardware, but it is ADD ON, not part of the OS!