GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

i'm totally fed up with all this.

so this is impossible,

i recommend you all, guys, if you have laptop use linux - it has superior X4500 both 2D abd 3D performance and HD video playback, but if you prefer OS 10 more - then use native resolution hacks.

if you are on desktop with this crappy X4500 - then collect some money and buy descent Nvidia or ati card for games, or cheapy nvidia or ati card for other things if you are not planning to play huge modern games (ex. movie, photo , editing and full OS X experience)!!

also don't forget - IF YOU LIKE MAC, BUY IT!

this is my advice,

HAND or night,

cheers, X-user

I tried, but when i reboot with -v, it shows kernel panic. i modified exactly as you advised. i am totally puzzled.

any ideas?

What's your KP? Post it... I don't think that it's related with the boot file or the X3100 kext.

both plist files are modified in my laptop with graphics mode. :P

Are you booting with the modified Charmeleon RC4 by Deviato? Link -> http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/ch...-gma-version-2/

Lucky you, I don't have a GFX0 section in my dsdt.

Did you add it manually? I tried adding it in AGP and in PCIE sections, but nothing happened, the card wasn't showed. Where is located yours?

I would try adding "Intel X3100 Laptop hack" on the PCIE section, if your internal LCD is not recognized don't forget to modified "AAPL01,EDID" with your own EDID. After that try the modified kext and see if they are working, if not, try deleting the GFX0 method from PCIE section and adding it on your AGP section.

I downloaded a beta version of the 10.6.4 update and extracted the Intel HD kexts along with other kexts named AppleGraphicsControl and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement, both of which have peculiar data in their info.plist's. Also I have compared the new Intel HD kexts with the previous release, and the version numbers are different, so Apple has messed about with them.

Info in AppleGraphicsControl.kext:

picture3s.png

Info in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext:

picture2bc.png

Download link for new Intel HD // Graphic kexts:

http://www.mediafire.com/?of2twttyrfe

Wonder if these will help, not got an install of snow leopard on my gma4500 laptop, so if anyone wants to hex edit these go ahead :P

So now I`v tried something different. Enter 0x0046 device-id in the DSDT file (faking the IntelHD Graphics). Installed the new kexts from the previous post and get these errors at verbose boot : rinit: wrong ifa (0x6bc2e58)was(0x6bc2eeo). The system loads cuz I hear the Skype sound but the Desktop never shows up.

So now I`v tried something different. Enter 0x0046 device-id in the DSDT file (faking the IntelHD Graphics). Installed the new kexts from the previous post and get these errors at verbose boot : rinit: wrong ifa (0x6bc2e58)was(0x6bc2eeo). The system loads cuz I hear the Skype sound but the Desktop never shows up.

You guys are barking up the wrong tree here. The new GMA HD kexts are for the integrated (aka GMA X5700) solutions in the new I3/I5 cpu's.

Guess what, they don't even work on the CORRECT controllers yet, likely due to the integration of the Nvidia drivers

What makes you think they'll work with X4500???

What's your KP? Post it... I don't think that it's related with the boot file or the X3100 kext.

Are you booting with the modified Charmeleon RC4 by Deviato? Link -> http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/ch...-gma-version-2/

I would try adding "Intel X3100 Laptop hack" on the PCIE section, if your internal LCD is not recognized don't forget to modified "AAPL01,EDID" with your own EDID. After that try the modified kext and see if they are working, if not, try deleting the GFX0 method from PCIE section and adding it on your AGP section.

yeah i use deviato's modified rc4

You guys are barking up the wrong tree here. The new GMA HD kexts are for the integrated (aka GMA X5700) solutions in the new I3/I5 cpu's.

Guess what, they don't even work on the CORRECT controllers yet, likely due to the integration of the Nvidia drivers

What makes you think they'll work with X4500???

I have the strange feeling, that you have suggestion, or maybe not?

hey, could you remote desktop/ssh to connect to your computer and see what's up even with that black screen? If you do please post your results.

hey, could you remote desktop/ssh to connect to your computer and see what's up even with that black screen? If you do please post your results.

The remote is not available. All that I see at -v boot is that the system stuck at this line:

rinit: wrong ifa (0x6bc2e58)was(0x6bc2eeo)

The problem is for now that I can fake the DSDT with replacing the 0x2a42 with 0x0046 BUT, trere are two more device ids. At 4500 they are 0x2a40 and 2a43, and hve to be replaced with 0x0044 and 0x0042. This is that I can`t do and maybe this can be a problem. More, we need to fake the 4500 to be recognized as built in, not PCI.

I have the strange feeling, that you have suggestion, or maybe not?

I am suggesting that the new Intel HD kexts will never, ever work for GMA 4500. They don't even work for the CORRECT GPU's yet. GMA 4500 vs. new Intel HD Graphics = totally different architecture.

Thought this was interesting. HP DV7t Laptop with Intel i7 Processor and Nvidia GeForce GT 320m Graphic Card fixed to have CI/QE working via a modified ATI ATY_init.kext

I know we are trying to make our GMA4500s work, but perhaps there is some other kext like this we need to help fix our problem?

http://extraspeed.blogspot.com/

You wanna tell us that you are using your nVidia card with ATi kext and have QE/CI without using any of nVidia kexts ?!?!?!

You wanna tell us that you are using your nVidia card with ATi kext and have QE/CI without using any of nVidia kexts ?!?!?!

No?!?!?!

The new ideas born new opportunities, so you can not be sure.

Sound familiar?

I`v tried to replace the NVDA section in the .plist file in the ATY kext with GMAX3100 one and changed device ids but no luck cuz the kext can not be loaded. :P

KA any progress at your work? :wacko:

P.S. Guys, I`v tried something different. Replaced the device ids in the ATI4500Controller.kext and the result was the same that was with the replacing the device ids in the IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext: The system loads but not show the Desktop. That meant that our hope can be in the editing not only the Intel kexts ;)

P.S. Guys, I`v tried something different. Replaced the device ids in the ATI4500Controller.kext and the result was the same that was with the replacing the device ids in the IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext: The system loads but not show the Desktop. That meant that our hope can be in the editing not only the Intel kexts :)

So let me get this straight. If at first you failed at getting intel drivers for other cards to work with the x4500, then try and use ATI ones? Are you effin serious?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the reason why the desktop doesn't show was because the system was looking for the NVIDIA card on the laptop. However, if you say that you used another kext and still got the same results, wouldn't that mean that our theory about the missing NVIDIA card would be wrong and that we're failing to see something here?

I was just thinking.. What if we use injectors instead of hexediting? Would that work?

Sorry, total noob here just trying to make the discussion go..

All we need is good developer, coder, programmer or how you want to tell him, to edit some existing kext to work with this stupid card!!!

I know. the Quest is really frustrating since the posts in this forum have gone way back 2009 and everything feels like a wild goose chase. Yah know, people work on some kexts while somebody pitches on the possibility of a new update that might just solve the problem but nothing really comes up. As for the card, All I can see are recurring themes. The no-desktop-but-I-can-here-my-mac-startup situation has happened alot of times with different kexts and (forgive my two cents) maybe the problem lies there. Maybe we just have to tweak something to get the freakin desktop to show.

Otherwise, as for the coder, we could find a way to FORMALLY collect all the funds and then perhaps, scan freelancers who could do the job. I think the reason why it doesn't appeal to anyone is because of a) there's no guarantee for the funds B) there's no specific prize.