GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

The program runs, but when try to switch between the cards nothing happens. May be the right way is making a log file that run only the Intel card.

Are you able to turn on both the cards on your pc?  I tried on a P7H55-M Pro, but the internal iGPU (8086:0042) can only be enabled by disabling the PCIe card. Maybe a MB/Bios limit..

Tip: try starting the program from the terminal, it gives more output.

I would test this but I can't even boot with the intelhdgraphicsfb to load, it just hangs on boot up...hmmm i wonder if this modifies a file to permanently set it to use intelhd or nvidia...if thats the case, perhaps i can set it to use intelhd, and it will load the framebuffer at boot....i am using i3 330m with intelhd graphics. If I have time I will attempt this, or someone can post back whether it does modify a core os file to permanently have the intelhd on instead of the nvidia.

Delete other outputs from DSDT

ricom2ger,

I have been doing some research about how to modded my DSDT in order to "delete my other outputs", but I'm not being able to find the video device info on it (most of the DSDT modding post just show how to fix specific problems for specific machines).

Can you point me out where to find that info on my DSDT or what to read to get this working?

Thanks a lot!

rDrG

Seeing as there is a new MacBook Air refresh coming this week, do you think we might see another new intel graphics chipset included. The current generation MacBook Air is currently using a nvidia. Do you think Apple could add graphics switching into something like the Air?

I hope we can get this x4500 working soon, I really want to use the Mac OS on this Inspiron 1545.

Hoping for the best, Shine-Away

I would test this but I can't even boot with the intelhdgraphicsfb to load, it just hangs on boot up...hmmm i wonder if this modifies a file to permanently set it to use intelhd or nvidia...if thats the case, perhaps i can set it to use intelhd, and it will load the framebuffer at boot....i am using i3 330m with intelhd graphics. If I have time I will attempt this, or someone can post back whether it does modify a core os file to permanently have the intelhd on instead of the nvidia.

why not ask the developer himself?

I tried it and it didn't do anything, thought i was using nvidia card and wouldn't switch...need to figure out why intelfb seems to load system fine but no display, i can still control volume and eject cd but no display...it has to be looking for the nvidia card and defaulting to that...i will see if i can boot to safemode and look through logs tomorrow...i will test the one posted here from 10.6.4 aswell.

Guys, I've read some rumors... This page says that the new macbook air could bring the 4500mhd included. It's just a rumor, but hey it would be awesome!

La filtración de un nuevo número de serie para MacBook Air ha desatado un mar de rumores sobre lo que podría ser el anuncio de una actualización para el equipo Apple. Sin duda alguna estamos hablando de un portátil muy delgado con unas características técnicas muy destacadas en comparación con el grosor y peso del mismo.

El nuevo número de serie MC516LL/A K87 BETTER BTR-USA ha aparecido en la base de datos oficial y está siendo enviado a Australia en un pedido de varios miles de unidades. De momento no se conoce qué mejoras traerá el nuevo modelo MacBook Air, sin embargo, parece un paso obvio que si bien sigue utilizando el chip Core 2 Duo S, se actualice el chipset gráfico hasta el actual GeForce 320M, o bien que Apple integre una revisión de bajo voltaje de chips Core i5 / i7 utilizando la gráfica GMA 4500MHD de Intel.

Otras posibles mejoras es el soporte de 4 Gbytes de RAM, opciones de un disco duro mayor y SSD y una mayor autonomía.

Sorry if you don't speak spanish. I've highlighted the important stuff..

Link: http://www.muymac.com/2010/05/10/rumores-s...el-macbook-air/

Macbook Air update won't be gma4500, if they use a core I* processor it will have intelHD, Found this post..

http://theappleblog.com/2010/05/10/rumor-h...pdate-tomorrow/

"Because of the minuscule size of the MacBook Air’s logic board and Intel’s licensing war with NVIDIA, Apple is faced with an interesting dilemma. Apple can either stick with Core 2 Duo CPUs and discrete graphics, or use Intel’s Core series and its wretched integrated graphics. I say why not do both.

The low-end MacBook Air could keep the 1.86 GHz Core 2 Duo and get an updated NVIDIA GeForce 320M GPU. The high-end MacBook Air would get, say, something in a low-voltage Core i7 at around 2GHz and the equivalent of a piece of cardboard that is Intel HD graphics.

While it’s true that would mean cutting one model of MacBook Air off from OpenCL, Clockspeed for clockspeed, the Core i7 crushes the Core 2 Duo. Anyway, a lack of OpenCL would hardly be the biggest performance bottleneck on the MacBook Air."

UPDATED GMAX3100 DRIVERS

i have updated the bundle and plugin packs for smoother GL and minimize maximize window functions as you can see i'm getting 62 FPS full screen is around 32-34 FPS, this will also remove mouse artifacts, i am still working on updating the older gmax3100.kext and gmax3100fb.kext as they are old from 10.5.6-10.6.8 click link underneath pic to get update

4598303510_69ddc32892_o.png

Apple Intel GMAX3100

UPDATED GMAX3100 DRIVERS

i have updated the bundle and plugin packs for smoother GL and minimize maximize window functions as you can see i'm getting 62 FPS full screen is around 32-34 FPS, this will also remove mouse artifacts, i am still working on updating the older gmax3100.kext and gmax3100fb.kext as they are old from 10.5.6-10.6.8 click link underneath pic to get update

4598303510_69ddc32892_o.png

Apple Intel GMAX3100

Will this make my dell 1545 more usable than using deviato's method? is there any point installing these kexts or should I wait for the appropriate kexts to be available?

thank you

UPDATED GMAX3100 DRIVERS

Only one question: is it able to drive Desktop GMAX4500 (2e32)?

Core Image supported ?

i must say that without kexts loaded my GMA performs fast enough for comfortable web surfing, non-HD videos and music, but no CoreImage to take screenshots/work with graphics,iWork. That's very bad. So i hope we get CI working for GMA4500 soon...

My video playback is even worst than before I think now with these kexts. They loads without any issues, but I can`t see a difference in the card FB speed.

X-user, if the Core Image is loaded, the Quartz Extreme will be loaded too. These kexts may work if they are patched to load QE/CI, but you will need to change the device ids.

Device interface:

The Graphics family exports several device interfaces since most access of graphics devices is from user space. However, the Quartz layer arbitrates access to frame buffers from user space through the windowing system or the CGDirectDisplay API. Other layers, such as Carbon Draw Sprockets, provide application access to graphics.

Graphics acceleration is supplied by modules loaded into user address space. A CFPlugIn interface, defined in IOGraphicsInterface.h, implements two-dimensional acceleration. Similarly, OpenGL defines a loadable-bundle interface for three-dimensional rendering. Because there is no standard way to implement this functionality, hardware-specific code can exist in both user-space code and in a kernel-loaded driver.

Notes

Support for kernel-resident clients is limited. Because the Quartz layer owns the display, the kernel generally does not render graphics directly.

Apple provides generic support for displays and so displays should not generally require third-party drivers.

Can we try EFI strings?

Please say me what does NVDA,NVCAP,AAPL mean?

I need some base knowledge on creating EFI-strings. Someone help me please!

It would be wonderful if we could cheat a bit by reporting system fake device id.

for example we have 0x2e32(GMA X4500) but report it as 0x2582 (GMA 950) or 0x2a02 (X3100), then we don't need any kext modify))))

Can we try EFI strings?

Please say me what does NVDA,NVCAP,AAPL mean?

I need some base knowledge on creating EFI-strings. Someone help me please!

It would be wonderful if we could cheat a bit by reporting system fake device id.

for example we have 0x2e32 but report it as 0x2582, then we don't need any kext modify))))

http://efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=478

Good luck with trying!

Only one question: is it able to drive Desktop GMAX4500 (2e32)?

Core Image supported ?

i must say that without kexts loaded my GMA performs fast enough for comfortable web surfing, non-HD videos and music, but no CoreImage to take screenshots/work with graphics,iWork. That's very bad. So i hope we get CI working for GMA4500 soon...

You have to edit the ids in Info.plist, replace 2a42 with 2e32, and hex-edit the binaries of the kexts, replacing the hardcoded ids 8680422a with 8680322e

You have to edit the ids in Info.plist, replace 2a42 with 2e32, and hex-edit the binaries of the kexts, replacing the hardcoded ids 8680422a with 8680322e

Will it be okay if i put these kexts into /Extra/Extensions without deleting ones in /S/L/E ?

The reason is i installed retail 10.6.3 and want vanilla system)))

also, should i touch bundles?

friends at this forum again I'm new lenovo G530 3000 pc to mac to set up a kind Could the video card driver could not find a graphics card models, my intel gma 4500, I this video card just resolution as I can use any graphical feature can not please help me out three weeks gloat Trying kext.com a I found drivers just do not know, but pruning http://www.kexts.com/view/365-x3100_quartz...me_support.html olurmu this driver actually X3100 X3100 but as I see that my pc is already enabled, but it says that I qe I use it if I install gpu

I mentioned something like this a long time ago. IntelHD is not supported by OpenCL and also the intelHD handles the basic 2D gui/desktop stuff. *shrug* Why would apple include the nvidia if the intelHD could do the job, cause it can't in their mind.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/08/30/opencl...cbook-pro-gpus/

I'm not saying it is not possible but it would require a driver/fb rewrite.

I mentioned something like this a long time ago. IntelHD is not supported by OpenCL and also the intelHD handles the basic 2D gui/desktop stuff. *shrug* Why would apple include the nvidia if the intelHD could do the job, cause it can't in their mind.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/08/30/opencl...cbook-pro-gpus/

I'm not saying it is not possible but it would require a driver/fb rewrite.

Well, the power of intel is not comparable to that of nvidia, they could have included to meet the needs of gamers or 3d renderers, and maybe that user is true in saying that apple is still developing a new driver.

However I think that the drivers are ready, but apple is encounteing problems trying to prevent them to run on x4500 :(

question svp

is apple supporting the GMA 45 driver or not

if yes when it come up

I have IPC 10.5.6 installed on my dell inspiron 1545 and evrything is working expect graphic * no native resolution 1366*768

no iwork no photo booth no hd videos

the mac system is nothing is nothing without graphic

Exactly who knows what Apples intentions are. Unfortunately Apple got stuck with the IntelHD gpu cause you can not get a Core i series without it. Maybe they are secretly working on a driver, but the Nvidia still is the better choice.

Only time will tell or some kick ass hacker/coder.