GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

I have two responses for your question. Yes you can watch movies. But your laptop will overheat a lot. If you want to try it anyway, download VLC version 0.8.2 since it doesn't require QE. If you want the real thing, you need QE for watching on Quicktime or the newer vlc

hey, to the guys that update to 10.6.3, can you tell me the kexts that you use for you mouse pad, because i had voodoops2 and when i updated my cursor stopped moving on the screen though i know it still worked because i could scroll through the dock. please and thanks

hey, to the guys that update to 10.6.3, can you tell me the kexts that you use for you mouse pad, because i had voodoops2 and when i updated my cursor stopped moving on the screen though i know it still worked because i could scroll through the dock. please and thanks

nothing got to do with ya ps2 kext. Look for killa Aaron post on his new kext n bundle in this thread. Install all the items n replace the old one n it should work. What u having is mouse artifact problem which I have too last time but solved using his method n I have native resolution too.

Guys, I’m running my X4500MHD on my HP 6530b at its native resolution (1440x900) using Deviato’s bootloader mod (http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/ch...-gma-version-2/).That's the only method/kext that worked for me… I have tried all the available kexts (even the Killa Aaron’s one) having the same results, the F&%# BLUESCREEN when Snow Leo loads.

The funny thing is that using the x3100 modified KEXTs I’m able to use an external monitor (extended desktop only) and also screen sleep works (even on the laptop’s screen that has the backlight always on until it goes to sleep) but the laptop’s screen remains black with the backlight on.

I’m guessing that I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t figure it out.

My device ID is 0x2a42, revision 7.

Note: I’m using Kext Utility 2.3.2 for loading my kexts and never had an issue with it.

Did anyone have the same problem???

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!! 

Guys, I’m running my X4500MHD on my HP 6530b at its native resolution (1440x900) using Deviato’s bootloader mod (http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/ch...-gma-version-2/).That's the only method/kext that worked for me… I have tried all the available kexts (even the Killa Aaron’s one) having the same results, the F&%# BLUESCREEN when Snow Leo loads.

The funny thing is that using the x3100 modified KEXTs I’m able to use an external monitor (extended desktop only) and also screen sleep works (even on the laptop’s screen that has the backlight always on until it goes to sleep) but the laptop’s screen remains black with the backlight on.

I’m guessing that I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t figure it out.

My device ID is 0x2a42, revision 7.

Note: I’m using Kext Utility 2.3.2 for loading my kexts and never had an issue with it.

Did anyone have the same problem???

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!! 

...any ideas/thoughts/comments?

Hello..for those who use gmax4500 and want tu watch videos with quicktime, I have installed Perian and it works perfectly. To view photo slides you can use Picassa. Unfortunately i cannot connect my laptop to a projector. :(:unsure:

Hello..for those who use gmax4500 and want tu watch videos with quicktime, I have installed Perian and it works perfectly. To view photo slides you can use Picassa. Unfortunately i cannot connect my laptop to a projector. :);)

You need QE/CI to do that. Untill we get it, you're stuck without being able to connect to any other display. At least that's what I've heard...

You need QE/CI to do that. Untill we get it, you're stuck without being able to connect to any other display. At least that's what I've heard...

the latest Mbp is running on

10.3.1 Darwin

the ID for the gt330 is 0a29

not sure if this information is of any good use or not

guys have a look on this..

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Build 10F46 Released to Developers by Apple [ 06-05-2010 ]

While Mac OS X 10.6.4 build 10F37 was just seeded to developers early last week, MacRumors is reporting that another release has been seeded today titled Mac OS X 10.6.4, Build 10F46.

The update comes in at 573.1 MB and addresses almost a dozen issues with only one known issue within the current build causing fonts to produce error messages. Much like the last release seeded to developers, reports state that the latest update focuses on USB, VoiceOver, SMB, VPN, and GraphicsDrivers. Below is a full list of what is included in the update, if you’re interested.

Included in this update

* Resolves issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on an SMB mounted volume

* Resolves pairing issues with Apple remotes

* Resolves issues launching Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS3

* Resolves issues playing in Good Quality mode of DVD Player

* Addresses compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications

* Resolves 3D animation, drop frame, or frame lock issues

* Addresses drawing issues when editing iPhoto in full screen mode

* Resolves erratic trackpad or keyboard issues with USB

* Resolves a Cisco VPN connection drop issue

* Addressees a Parental Controls issue where users are locked out at designated times by the admin user

* Improvements to the reliability of speech and braille in the VoiceOver Utility

Tried to install the netbookmaker patch for dell 11z which has GMA4500. I see that the graphics display used is for GMA950 and the proper resolution shows up. Is there are any using it like this.

i've asked Cody for some help.

let's hope....

UPDATE:

cody response was fast.

here are a extract of it:

Way ahead of you: http://github.com/codykrieger/gfxCardStatus - just posted it last night. There's a fork by smitterson that has the absolute latest GPU switching code - I'll test his code and merge it into the main repo so I can release the latest version as well.

please, we need netkas or some smart guy's help to analyze the switch routine code.

maybe we can force the system to use just GMA HD GPU kext and experimet with it.

Tried to install the netbookmaker patch for dell 11z which has GMA4500. I see that the graphics display used is for GMA950 and the proper resolution shows up. Is there are any using it like this.

please provide more details, it sounds interesting

i've asked Cody for some help.

let's hope....

UPDATE:

cody response was fast.

here are a extract of it:

please, we need netkas or some smart guy's help to analyze the switch routine code.

maybe we can force the system to use just GMA HD GPU kext and experimet with it.

Does Cody know if Intel HD graphics are capable of QE/CI?

Ahhhh ,,, i hate windows so much that i'm trying to avoid it every time ,, and the Ubuntu 10.04 still has

a power management bugs ,,, and i didn't install SL since no QE/CI yet ... so the best way for me is

wait and wait ,,, and i think u guys r doing a really good work ,,, i wish i could help ,,, but i might

help at least in the experimenting phase ... GL

It is capable, the intel5700 chip is powerful enough alone to run 3d imagery and 1080P video without stutter same as the GMA 4500, the NVDA GPU is only there for luxury and for the sake of Apple justifying a high price point.

KA you can program right? Did you take a look at the gfxCardStatus github ?

Has anybody successfully got the kexts loaded? Or temporarily loaded? I've been looking at the source of the switcher app, and it looks quite simple to edit using xcode.

// returns 1 if nvidia is active and 0 if intel is active
int getActiveCard(connect) {
uint64_t output;
getMuxState(connect, GetGraphicsCard, &output);
return !(output);
}

You could get this to write to a log file, I think "NSLog(getActiveCard(#));" might log it somewhere xD

Guys look at this.. they made it Manual switching..

gfxCardStatus is an open-source menu bar application that keeps track of which graphics card your 2010 MacBook Pro is using at any given time, and allows you to switch between them manually.

Features:

* Simple, clean "i" and "n" icons that signify Intel® HD Graphics, and NVIDIA® GeForce GT 330M graphics, respectively

* Automatically updates when the GPU switches, in real time

* Allows you to manually switch GPUs on demand!

* Dependent process list - see which applications are currently using the 330M, if it's the active GPU!

* Growl support - so you know right when the GPU switches

* Tiny footprint - doesn't sit in your menu bar and hog RAM or CPU cycles

* Automatic application updating - checks for, downloads and installs new versions of gfxCardStatus automatically!

Note: only for 2010 MacBook Pros with Intel® Core i5/i7 processors and the NVIDIA® GeForce GT 330M GPU.

Source : http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus/