GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Yes, I was stuck at the bluescreen right before the Desktop too. Try to install the kexts with kexthelper b7 , not only to copy them and repair the permitions. I`m using the KAs kexts and had the same issue, but now works fine. :P

Yes, I was stuck at the bluescreen right before the Desktop too. Try to install the kexts with kexthelper b7 , not only to copy them and repair the permitions. I`m using the KAs kexts and had the same issue, but now works fine. :P

hey bboyg, are you able to sleep your display now? What about an external monitor? Thanks in advance!

rDrG

The external monitor works, but the Mirror function not. The Sleep function is very very very complicated function at hackintosh. You need to use a big bucket of kexts of huge DSDT fixing. BUT most of all, you need working video driver. :P

KA, as i followed ur instrcution, removed the modified kexts and get the downloaded files instead in the directory, repair the presmissions. but it doesn't work at all. As i could get native resolution before, however, with the downloaded modified one, i am not able to enable it. why?

OMG. BTW, should these kexts work for 32bit or 64bit or both of them are okay? cause my previouse kexts only works in 32bit circumstances.

wait for your explanation. :(

No, its just the newest and unmodified.

where did they come from? are they the ones straight out of the macbook update?

On a side note, apparently there is a settings in system preferences on the new macbooks that you can disable switching to the nvidia cards, I am on the hunt for where it is, i will post back if i find it, but if someone else does first, let us know. This could be the missing part, maybe... I read it here

Apple's approach in the new 15" and 17" MacBook Pros differs from Optimus in two key ways. The first is that the switching is all handled automatically by Mac OS X without any user intervention (though there is actually a System Preference to deactivate it, if you choose).

EDIT: Ignore that, apparently if you disable it, it goes directly to the GPU, so unless we can change a file to direct it to the intel hd, its useless right now. I am reading that a lot of people are having issues with this automatic switching, so should be interesting to see if apple comes out with a fix to enable the end use to be able to direct it to a certain gpu, for instance, when on battery, only use the intel one.

Hi guys! I was wondering, which is the best method so far?? Does the 3100 kexts improve performance at all? Or should I use Deviato's method to get full resolution. Since it's these methods are the best we can get for now (I still believe sooner or later we will get QE/CI) what would you recommend?

I recommend using Deviato`s method. With the edited kexts for now the result is the same, only native resolution. They are NOT impruve the performance. The only reason to not use these kexts is because sometimes they crash and need to restart the computer 1-2 or 3 times with -f to load them. BUT if the QE/CI is enabled these crashes will not be a problem ;)

I recommend using Deviato`s method. With the edited kexts for now the result is the same, only native resolution. They are NOT impruve the performance. The only reason to not use these kexts is because sometimes they crash and need to restart the computer 1-2 or 3 times with -f to load them. BUT if the QE/CI is enabled these crashes will not be a problem ;)

I want at least a native resolution: 1680x1050. It's not available, when I type ?video into Chameleon.

Anyway, what Deviato's method are you talking about? I already tried some hex-editing, and that doesn't help.

Maybe the "DSDT thing" will help me.

Apps that use advanced graphics frameworks such as OpenGL, Core Graphics, Quartz Composer or others will cause the OS to trigger the discrete GPU. So, when you are reading or writing Mail, or editing an Excel spreadsheet, Mac OS X will simply use the integrated Intel HD graphics. If you fire up Aperture or Photoshop, Mac OS X kicks on the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M.

so, relax guys. it is very likely there's no CI/QE even for native Intel HD in SL, so there's no point in trying to get it working with X4500 anymore i think.

However it is still possible to make some magic with X3100 kexts, isn't it?

Well. But there will be a lot of users that will move on to the newer intel chips. It would be a shame that they definitely not work. There's got to be something that can be done. There has been no response from the coders, maybe they don't have any interest into these?

With the release of Ubuntu 10.04 yesterday, I am going back to Linux for now. More stuff working with Ubuntu out of the box (mainly graphics). Good luck to all. I'll keep checking back to see if there are any break-throughs.

post-430661-1272664159_thumb.png