GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

WOW! 61 pages of reading. I am new to the forums here and to hack-in-tosh. I can only hope that I am in the right thread based on what the specs for my laptop say. I have a Toshiba Satellite L555 S7001

Processor3 and Graphics4

 Intel® Pentium® processor T4400

o 2.2GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB

 Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset

 Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with dynamically allocated

shared graphics memory

and would be glad to help out any way I can or with testing or anything else I might be able to do.

If I am not in the right place could you point me to the right place. I have SL installed updated to 6.3 but stuck with a 1024x768 display. I will be trying the post above by Pathy to try and get native resolution. I don't have any internet yet on the laptop via NIC or WiFi so I am still working on that as well. Is there a kext for the GL40 Express Chipset that I can look for.

Thank you

Drekow

Pathy, do you have also Hardware CI/QE Supported or just native screen resolution?

Juz, even in 10.6.3 they are still not 64-bit.

There are no 64-bit Intel Graphics kexts so in order to get it working we need to boot only in "arch=i386" mode ((

However, guys, i now tried to patch my new 10.6.3 X3100 kexts and i succeed!

both X3100FB and X3100 are loaded at boot without any problems, but it didn't change anything (((

So i think we should now try DSDT hack as man said above, this should work..maybe for CI\QE too ;)

New Framebuffer kext modified using a new hex editing application. I have sent this to Juz, but he has been offline, so if someone could test this FB.kext alongside this other IntelHDGraphics.kext (that is loading on startup for me):

FB.kext:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k25gimynhzx

Graphics.kext:

http://www.mediafire.com/?q4zymntm3wm

I`v tried your kexts on GMA 4500 but nothing happened :lol: How do you change them?

Pathy, do you have also Hardware CI/QE Supported or just native screen resolution?

Juz, even in 10.6.3 they are still not 64-bit.

There are no 64-bit Intel Graphics kexts so in order to get it working we need to boot only in "arch=i386" mode ((

However, guys, i now tried to patch my new 10.6.3 X3100 kexts and i succeed!

both X3100FB and X3100 are loaded at boot without any problems, but it didn't change anything (((

So i think we should now try DSDT hack as man said above, this should work..maybe for CI\QE too :lol:

I dont think QE/Ci is working on my laptop. I've been following different threads realted to QE/CI on 4500MHD but don't think it is possible. Keep us posted if you find something.

Hi,

I will test your kext on my Dell E6500 when I will go back home beacause my proxy @work forbid mediafire

I'm running with a 64 bits kernel so It probably donc't work.

Regards

New Framebuffer kext modified using a new hex editing application. I have sent this to Juz, but he has been offline, so if someone could test this FB.kext alongside this other IntelHDGraphics.kext (that is loading on startup for me):

FB.kext:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k25gimynhzx

Graphics.kext:

http://www.mediafire.com/?q4zymntm3wm

is it possable if we deleate all the nvda kexts it will automaticaly defalt to intel?

somehow i don't think it would be that easy...i think the new intel kexts or the graphics controller is calling for the nvidia card but its not there so the kexts can't load. If this is the case, hopefully we can find out a way to patch the kexts to point at the internal intel gpu instead of the nvidia, but i have no idea where to start to do this...

I NEED DEVICE IDS TO THE NEW NVDA 330 DOES ANYONE KNOW THEM

Device ID :10DE-0A29

Subvendor: Samsung(144D)

GT 330M

Taken from an Nvidia forum. This is from a regular laptop, but I guess 330Ms on MacBook Pro are just the same

EDIT: just checked different subvendors and all of them have the 10DE-0A29 device ID for 330M

trying to make a hybrid test file possibly by removing lookups for NVDA 330

4558243099_f3436644c3_o.png

Quartz E test small scale Quick look

4558140959_023b80071f_o.png

QuartzGL test

4558175413_59d4aab7aa_o.png

does it mean it is working?

by the way what laptop/desktop and graphics you using? 4500hdm i suppose? sorry but didnt follow the whole thread.

does it mean it is working?

by the way what laptop/desktop and graphics you using? 4500hdm i suppose? sorry but didnt follow the whole thread.

yes i am using the GMA4500, Quartz Extreme is not working full scale but small scale using the current X3100 drivers.