GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

I've solved the display issue with GMA X4500MHD. I am getting the native 1600x900 display now.

I've used DSDTSE application to patch the DSDT.

I will post the step by step instructions if someone need it.

can we have more details ? Which osx u using? 10.6.3? A guide will be good

volodya (Володя) I`m getting kernel panic when trying to use your DSDT. Can u tell us how to patch ours DSDTs or can you post only the GFX part of the DSDT if it have any, because I can`t find any clues of graphics card in your DSDT files :P

volodya (Володя) I`m getting kernel panic when trying to use your DSDT. Can u tell us how to patch ours DSDTs or can you post only the GFX part of the DSDT if it have any, because I can`t find any clues of graphics card in your DSDT files :P

i think he posted that file for pathy to update for him, other words, it his own dsdt file that he needs edited for a gfx section. I wouldn't use it.

So guys, with changing the device ids in this way:

AppleIntelHDController - 0x2A408086 0x2A428086

AppleIntelHDControllerFB - 0x2A428086 0x2A438086

I get those kext loaded (by checking in the System Profiler), BUT the FB kext shows an error during the -v mode boot. It says : AppleIntelHDControllerFB: Failed to get PCI function number

Now the system load the desktop, but there is still No Kext Loaded in the Graphics section of the System Profiler.

Tried to edit the plist files in the AppleGraphicsControl and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kexts to load the IntelGraphics by Default, but they must be hexedited (only edit the .plist files doesn`t work), so the system refuse to load them. That is from me for now.

So guys, with changing the device ids in this way:

AppleIntelHDController - 0x2A408086 0x2A428086

AppleIntelHDControllerFB - ............

Goog job bboyg, that's sth... I think that we are getting close. As was said here, I think that Intel Graphics HD needs to be loaded by default.

Also I was thinking we may need to "fake" the nvidia card to get this kexts loaded properly... Nvida 330 and Intel HD GPHs work really close each other in the new Macbook Pro.

[Edit ]

Give a look to this image:

mbp-discrete.jpg

Nvidia 330 is taken as a PCIe device while Intel HD just as built-in device (In fact they are pcie and built-in devices)... So maybe the PCI FUNCTION NUMBER that bboyg is getting is related with the missing Nvidia card.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/macbook...aking-question/

judging by this article and from what I've found on the internet. QE is handle by the nvidia gpu not the intel. Intel handles 2d gui. I hope you guys can get it working but by looking at specs and benchmarks I don't think QE is possible without a recode of the internals of the FB and switching code.

I'm not being negative, just if you pull it off you deserve a big kudos. I've decided to get a macbook pro 13" but will keep an eye on this forum.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/macbook...aking-question/

judging by this article and from what I've found on the internet. QE is handle by the nvidia gpu not the intel. Intel handles 2d gui. I hope you guys can get it working but by looking at specs and benchmarks I don't think QE is possible without a recode of the internals of the FB and switching code.

I'm not being negative, just if you pull it off you deserve a big kudos. I've decided to get a macbook pro 13" but will keep an eye on this forum.

The GUI is accelerated too, so Intel has QE.

Yes. Intel is soldered, but it may be possible it's soldered into the pci slot and not into the processor? I've an inspiron 1545 and many people have said it is impossible to upgrade graphics

IntelHD is integrated into the processore, thus can't be upgraded.

Hi, guys!

I've just installed Leopard (iPC OSx86 10.5.4 + 10.5.6 Update).

Runs flawlessly on vanilla kernel (i have Pentium Dual-Core 2.8 Ghz) but had to use cpus=1 boot flag.

Now updated to final 10.5.8 version via Software Updater and i see how really fast and useable it is (comparing to Windows)!

But my problem as you may know is, of course, my integrated Intel GMA X4500 Graphics (ASRock G41M-LE Motherboard) and it is "G41 Express chipset"

System shows that ID is 0x2e32, Manufacturer is Intel (0x8086) and Rev. is 0x0003.

It also says "No kext loaded", "Core Image: Software" and "Quartz Extreme: Not supported".

However, i enabled QuartzGL with the help of OSx86 Tools, but i don't see much difference in performance.

I simply use "1280x1024x32" boot parameter to get native res.

But, as all of yours, wanna have Hardware-CI and "QE: Compatible"

I've read some posts about the problem, and i may help you somehow because i've got hardware (GMA4500 itself)!

My idea is that we should tell OS X that we have a X3100 chip (which is known by system and has working built-in drivers) instead of just trying to make 3100 drivers work on 4500..

think about it a bit.

X-user

My idea is that we should tell OS X that we have a X3100 chip (which is known by system and has working built-in drivers) instead of just trying to make 3100 drivers work on 4500..

think about it a bit.

X-user

That's already been done. It's a dead end because the x3100 is very different. We are trying to adapt the new MBP intel HD into the 4500 that is apparently very similar.