GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Where were you when previous posters were talking about atheros? dont show off that you ar ebest candidate for mod position.

This is not the place for atheros wifi thing. This topic is about gma 4500 graphics chip.

Please do not flood the forum, use personal messaging instead.

New macbooks Pro available.

With NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics... It ends here.. :unsure:

humm.. it seems that there are two graphics cards: Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

so the intel HD graphics can be .... a 4500HD ? :(

Yes found this at bottom of this page clicky.

Inside the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro models is the new NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M discrete graphics processor — the fastest graphics ever in a Mac notebook. With 48 processing cores and up to 512MB of dedicated video memory, this graphics processor delivers even more horsepower than the previous generation. And you don’t have to sacrifice efficiency for speed: The NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M is up to 30 percent more energy efficient than its predecessor. For even greater power savings, MacBook Pro also includes integrated Intel HD Graphics.

looks like they are using the nvidia optimus technology possibly. so I think basic 2d gui stuff is handled by the intel hd and when performance ie 3d QE etc is switched to nvidia. Hence the claim of better battery life. I would really like to see QE on my acer 1410 but my gut says otherwise. I hope my gut is wrong...

It was about time Apple would release these beauties :D . Now, we've got to find someone here on the forum with one of those new shiny Macbooks to provide us those kexts. Anyway, I suspect that we willneed an injector to get this beast working :D

Even though I plan on buying an actual MacBook this summer and getting QE/CI on my current machine is not that important. I am still really excited. I have waited for so long, could this be the time it finally comes?

May the Force be with us.

Yes they are different but not so much really. If that drivers was build by Intel & Apple i guess they didn't write it from scratch and reused some older unix parts from Intel (i at least hoping)

here are specs for all these HD intel GPUs. Major things as OpenGL, Shaders etc are same or just a little lower version (but major version is same in every case)

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/q...rated-graphics/

I REALLY hope. User acer 1810TZ and it will be AWESOME netbook.

PS: engadget writing review so they have already one if anyone know someone there ;)

If the kext for IntelHD is not compatible with 4500 I`ll REMOVE the OS X from my laptop FOR EVER and maybe will sell it. I can`t take it any more!!!

I have the same idea. I sick and tired of this issue.

The new Macbook pros are running the GMA5700MHD.

Bad news:

This isn't specifically our device

Good news:

This device is a lot closer to the 4500 than the 3100 is.

Which means there is a chance we can get it to work with our devices.

I hope we can get this fixed, this is the only think stopping me from running Mac OSX flawlessly.

EDIT:

working on a solution ASAP.

Wish me luck guys!

The new Macbook pros are running the GMA5700MHD.

Bad news:

This isn't specifically our device

Good news:

This device is a lot closer to the 4500 than the 3100 is.

Which means there is a chance we can get it to work with our devices.

I hope we can get this fixed, this is the only think stopping me from running Mac OSX flawlessly.

EDIT:

working on a solution ASAP.

Wish me luck guys!

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphic...HD.23065.0.html