[Guide] Boot from EFI partition, zero modification installs on Intel SSE2 or better...

munky

1,404 posts in this topic

hello,

today i added EFI Boot Partition Installer to EFIStudio.

bild2a.png

EFIStudio 1.1 Download

all thanks goes to munky for making this possible. :)

please post comments or any bugs you found.

so long

inside

Nice.

Will try it out today.

I'm on munky's method till january and after a little tweaking and experimenting I have now

a super-stable vanilla system. Some random crashes in Photoshop but it's Adobe related.

Just an hint/suggestion: I've had problems with the update script not deleting the old kexts.

The result was an accumulation of kexts being loaded without my knowledge, ending messing things up.

So I added a routine of deleting all the kexts in the /EFI/Extensions folder before installing

them again along the new ones I want to experiment:

mkdir /Volumes/EFI
mount_hfs /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI

rm -rf /Volumes/EFI/System/Booter/Extensions/*.kext
rm -rf /Volumes/EFI/Extensions/*.kext

Could it be an option for the EFI boot installer?

EDIT: I've integrated the other NVIDIA and ATI Plists from mitch_de's EFIStudio_EXTENDED found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...141490&st=0

I read in another thread here about a boot loader that would allow you to boot as many OSs as you want, and works with Win7. Check it out:

EasyBCD

I have something to share with you all:

I thought I would try some of my own medicine by giving EasyBCD a try... SIMPLY AWESOME! Was as easy as they say it is (EasyBCD has won numerous awards and accolades), and I had zero problems installing it.

My setup: (See my sig for full) I have a hardware RAID1 with OS X and EFI taking up the first two partitions (slices). I have a third partition that has been dormant while I get OS X working. My vanilla 10.5.6 OS X setup is now nearly perfect, booting from the RAID HBA with Chameleon 12.

Now I wanted to install Vista Ultimate x64 for dual boot. I installed to my dormant partition, after which OS X would not boot, but now Vista would. I completed the Vista install, applied all updates, basically getting Vista to a solid base installation.

Next, I installed EasyBCD, followed the on-line instructions (which was basically making 3 settings changes), rebooted and just like that, I had perfect dual boot tried both OS X and then Vista. What I thought was going to be a big pain turned out to be the easiest part of the setup yet.

I highly recommend EasyBCD at this point. : )

Could someone please help?

Does anybody know why this may happen?

What does boot0 and boot1 do?

Why does munky talk about boot2 when i never had to copy one to the EFI partition?

Thanks, Andy

p.s. If I could understand whats going on, Id have a better chance of fixing the problem. So any info would help.

Hey Andy, try this:

- If you can't boot now, use your BOOT-132 CD to get back in.

- Download "Universal OSx86 Installer" from www.######.com

- Use UOI to install PC_EFIv9, then reboot.

If that doesn't work, try the same thing as above, but first wipe out your installation and start fresh.

I'm using a string for my 9800GTX+ 1GB vid card in my com.Apple.boot.plist in my EFI boot partition - no problem. Installed with EFI Studio 1.1

I want to report a successful installation using this boot method. Thanks for the guide. Hoping to see the apple logo back into the boot screen soon. Thanks for all the work! I have one question though, there is a kext that needs the -f flag in order to be loaded properly, why is that and how can I solve the need for this flag?

I want to report a successful installation using this boot method. Thanks for the guide. Hoping to see the apple logo back into the boot screen soon. Thanks for all the work! I have one question though, there is a kext that needs the -f flag in order to be loaded properly, why is that and how can I solve the need for this flag?

insert the -f flag into the com.boot.apple.plist file. The system will boot with that option every time, with no need to type it everytime

Hey Andy, try this:

- If you can't boot now, use your BOOT-132 CD to get back in.

- Download "Universal OSx86 Installer" from www.######.com

- Use UOI to install PC_EFIv9, then reboot.

If that doesn't work, try the same thing as above, but first wipe out your installation and start fresh.

thanks for the reply, Im trying to keep my OSX Untouched from Hacks, loading the kexts from EFI partition. wont UOI not work this way? Ill have a look at it and see. In the meantime I tried EFI Studio which seemed to install ok but returned same error. I might even try Easy BCD but i doubt it works the same way.

Just to clarify,

Ive got Leopard 10.5.6 Retail using Vanilla Kernel, and I would like the hidden EFI partiton to load the Kexts for IO/GFX/Audio/Lan and so forth. I really like the idea of this method leaving Leo partition untouched from hacks, but so far its only booting with the SlimBuild Boot CD.

Thanks again, Andy

thanks for the reply, Im trying to keep my OSX Untouched from Hacks, loading the kexts from EFI partition. wont UOI not work this way? Ill have a look at it and see. In the meantime I tried EFI Studio which seemed to install ok but returned same error. I might even try Easy BCD but i doubt it works the same way.

Just to clarify,

Ive got Leopard 10.5.6 Retail using Vanilla Kernel, and I would like the hidden EFI partiton to load the Kexts for IO/GFX/Audio/Lan and so forth. I really like the idea of this method leaving Leo partition untouched from hacks, but so far its only booting with the SlimBuild Boot CD.

Thanks again, Andy

Yes, you are correct, but only if you use all of the functions of UOI. If you only use it to install PC_EFIv9, then no.

I am attempting to move in the same direction as you, and for all of the same reasons. I too am on the vanilla kernel, using EFI, and using EasyBCD goes well with this approach.

Once PC_EFIv9 is installed, and your system is booting properly, then you can add the Munky portion to get the full functionality we seek.

insert the -f flag into the com.boot.apple.plist file. The system will boot with that option every time, with no need to type it everytime

I know, I have it in there. However, I was wondering why it needs to have the flag for certain kext and how to solve the kext needing it for proper loading. Thanks anyway.

Yes, you are correct, but only if you use all of the functions of UOI. If you only use it to install PC_EFIv9, then no.

I am attempting to move in the same direction as you, and for all of the same reasons. I too am on the vanilla kernel, using EFI, and using EasyBCD goes well with this approach.

Once PC_EFIv9 is installed, and your system is booting properly, then you can add the Munky portion to get the full functionality we seek.

PC_EFIv9 cant be installed on the EFI partition via UOI. if thats not what you meant and it is to be installed on the OSX partition; because its just installing the bootloader, will it not load any kexts or anything? and will I have to set diskXs2 back as the boot partition?

thanks again, Andy

PC_EFIv9 cant be installed on the EFI partition via UOI. if thats not what you meant and it is to be installed on the OSX partition; because its just installing the bootloader, will it not load any kexts or anything? and will I have to set diskXs2 back as the boot partition?

thanks again, Andy

Perhaps then I'm unclear on this. If someone would be kind enough to clarify, that would be great. As I said, I am moving in this direction, but not all the way there. yet. I thought how I explained it is how it works, but I may be wrong. I do know that at this point I have both OS X and Vista dual booting fine, but also know that some of my moded kext files are still on the OS drive, where I would like to move them all to EFI.

Thanks and keep us posted on your progress.

So I'm not sure if this will ever be answered, but maybe my question will be valuable to Googlers.

My EFI partition only exists in GUID land; I deleted it in MBR land (think of them as two worldviews that exist simultaneously on the same disk when you dual boot Vista and GUID Leo) so that Vista would recognize my 4th partition, a Storage partition.

MBR-land goes as follows:

1: Win/NTFS

2: Mac/HFS+

3: Lin/ext4

4: Storage/NTFS

GUID-land goes as follows:

1: EFI/FAT32

2: Win/MSDOS/FAT (though mountable and untitled...)

3: Mac/HFS+

4: Lin/MSDOS/FAT (haven't tried mounting ext4...)

5: Win/MSDOS/FAT (mountable and titled STORAGE)

I can't use extended partitions in MBR-land to make the two look more alike since GUID doesn't like extended partitions in MBR-land.

I'm afraid that formatting the EFI partition, even if Mac is ostensibly only GUID-land, that it will suddenly appear in MBR-land, knocking my Storage partition from visibility in Windows. That would suck.

Anyone a guru on this front? Possibly a rEFIt developer? ;-)

PS: For reference, GUID=GPT

PPS: I also tried installing Linux as GUID, but even when I was replacing a GUID Mac partition, the partition jumped to MBR-land. Apparently only Grub2 can handle GUID-land and even Ubuntu 9.04 only will install plain old Grub.

PPPS: This setup really is sustainable as long as you don't go formatting something on your main drive. That's why I want to know the answer to this question before messing around. As you can imagine, my setup takes a bit of work to do.

PPPPS: The procedure, in brief, is: 4 parts via DiskUtil, 2nd is HFS+, rest are MSD/FAT. Linux goes next on 3rd part. Reinstall Chameleon/EFIV9 via BOOT132 and still-functional Leo install to make sure everything still works. Boot Vista installer, delete EFI part, (MBR-land only, AFAIK) install Vista on what is now part 1, install EasyBCD with entries for Mac and Lin. Boot into Lin LiveCD since Lin part won't be bootable, reset the part type to 83 with fdisk, make new part aligned with the blocks as shown in Disk Partitioner (gparted), this is an offset of 16 or 17, then set the type to NTFS, then use mkfs.ntfs on the partition to format it. Easy as pie!

Easy as pie!

I know I'm cool for quoting my own post instead of editing...anyway, I have considered putting Mac at the end of the drive; since it's GPT it shouldn't matter where it is.

However, if I continue to use Vista's bootloader, which I probably will, I can only boot from partitions 1 through 4. (MBR spec, not mine...) Last summer the same was true for EFI V8!! I don't know if it is anymore, especially now that startupfiletool isn't involved anymore. Maybe EasyBCD is capable of finding the bootloader/partition. Ubuntu, however, seems to be pretty solidly wed to MBR over GPT.

{EFI}>Win>Mac>Lin>Sto is the status quo.

EFI>Sto>Win>Lin>Mac would work. That seems a little weird to me; I liked storage at the end of the drive, kind of like a trunk. I think Vista won't mind booting from the third partition; it was fine with the second when the first was FAT32. It may not be cool with booting from the 2nd NTFS partition on the disk.

EFI>Win>Sto>Lin>Mac

~and~

EFI>Win>Lin>Sto>Mac would resolve that problem. I still don't like the even greater asymmetry, as illogical as that sounds! I guess I'd give this a whirl if someone knew it worked. I also don't know if this EFI boot business is worth the change. I think I would also have to give up my Vista bootloader.

These latter scenarios assume that a 5th Mac partition can be booted from using current bootloaders. As I said, this did not seem to be possible with EFI V8 when I tried it the past summer.

Perhaps then I'm unclear on this. If someone would be kind enough to clarify, that would be great. As I said, I am moving in this direction, but not all the way there. yet. I thought how I explained it is how it works, but I may be wrong. I do know that at this point I have both OS X and Vista dual booting fine, but also know that some of my moded kext files are still on the OS drive, where I would like to move them all to EFI.

Thanks and keep us posted on your progress.

Well, I have been trying out all sorts to get it booting, the last thing I tried was to temorarily borrow a SATA HDD - It works fine and dandy following the instructions by munky!

So im guessing, this method doesnt like IDE drives or its just the way my MOBO uses the IDE controller. (all IDE drives show up after the SATA ones, even with the bios settings changed to list IDE drives first).

So whats left... ALC1200 doesnt work unless its put in the Extensions folder on the Leopard partition... Drives appear as removable even with various modified kexts... WiFi + Lan arnt supported.

Mabe soon I will grab myself another SATA drive and a compatible WiFi card, but im still waiting for Kexts for my HD 4850, and ALC1200 that work woth the Zero Modification method.

Thanks to everyone, Andy

I downloaded EFIStudio 1.1 and I am ready to stripe but I have a simple noob question (or two) before I start. I apologize for the simplicity of my questions before hand and please do not assume I know something before you answer. I have just completed my first HackedMac (hooray) and now I need to stripe my main two drives and make them bootable.

I have - NEVER - raided anything before, I don't even know for sure how to proceed in the Disk Utility although I am pretty sure it is common sense so I will figure it out once I try it, hence the following question;

1) Should I go to disk utility and set up the two drives FIRST as RAID drives?, then go to EFI studio SECOND and use that to point at the two software RAID drives?

Or should I just start with EFI partition FIRST and point it at each separate (non raided) drive and allow that to create two partitions per drive (four in all with two drives)? Then, SECOND, use disk utility to raid the two drives that have now been made with a bootable partition a piece? I know that for these drives to be bootable I will need at least a small bootable partition for each drive (Slice?). I know that much. And I "THINK" that is what EFI studio 1.1 will now do for me.

Thanks for any answer to my beginners mind here.

EDITED, ADDED: Well, I posted this yesterday on another list. No answer all day. Not gettting any nibbles here so far. I will get out and enjoy the day, hoping I can get this set up today and finish loading my new drives and getting work done next. I know, we are all busy, not trying to whine, just saying that ... oh well. :)

I did try creating the stripe set. Then I tried setting the EFI STUDIO to create the bootable part. It did not work that way. I Tried using 132 to see if I could fix it that way but it could not see any of the two RAID disks.

I think I Have to do as a friend suggested and set up a 200 meg partition for each drive and in doing so make it HFS+. I could really use some guidance here though. I was ignoring the first part of this thread as I thought the new update to EFIStudio made most of that unnecessary? I can always go to the beginning and start from scratch, yes?

FWIW I will be out till this afternoon and if any kind soul could comment on this, I will be most grateful. If I still have not heard anything, I will start slogging through the terminal instructions and see what I can learn. :blink: Would love it if the GUI method worked though. :angel:

Thanks again

Installed iPC X PPF5 final with Chameleon 1.0.12. With that said do I still need to follow PHASES 1-3? Will this break my current install and booting?

I did some of the steps from Phase 2, Steps 5-8 but unable to mount EFI partition?

From Phase 4, STEP 7, "rm -rf /Volumes/EFI" Why are we removing EFI after copying files etc into it?

Is DSDT necessary for 10.5.6?

I don't have raid but like the fact that my existing setup will not change if kexts etc are installed into the EFI.

So from my understanding, both the EFI partition and the normal partition will have replicate kexts and the newer ones from either EFI or Hard drive will overide one another?

Will the next Chameleon release allow you to do these steps in a more automated way instead of the manual way?

Thanks

hm, i made everything as described and put alle the kexts from the primary used boot-cd.

didnt work :(

first i got wrong graphics, then kernel panic...

how can i delete the whole thing and bring it to his former state?

(del bootlolader, take the efi-partiotion back to its old format etc....) ??

EDIT: it worked after i updated the kextcache! but the grey apple logo is still missing during boot

hm, i made everything as described and put alle the kexts from the primary used boot-cd.

didnt work :(

first i got wrong graphics, then kernel panic...

how can i delete the whole thing and bring it to his former state?

(del bootlolader, take the efi-partiotion back to its old format etc....) ??

EDIT: it worked after i updated the kextcache! but the grey apple logo is still missing during boot

The Apple logo is missing for a reason. Space was needed in the bootloader for other things... Read the first post.

Hi everyone !

My first post on this forum to thanks everyone (and specially Munky) for all your contributions.

I successffully applied this method for Leo install this W.E.

My config:

Mobo : GA-EP45-DS3R (idem as GA-EP45-DS3)

Proc : Core 2 Quad Q6600

Mem : 4Gb (2x2Gb 1066 DDR2)

HDD : 500Gb (Dedicated for OSX)

GFX : Nvidia 9800GT 512m

- Boot from minimalistic boot132 CD (dsmos , IntelCPUPMDisabler , SMBIOSEnabler)

- Leo 10.5 retail DVD (GUID partitioning & install without any problem).

- First Reboot OK (still with boot132 CD in the drive)

- Ethernet works out of the box

- Firewire works out of the box

- Install combo update 10.5.6 & reboot (twice... hangs at first reboot).

- EFI partition installed and activated as indicated in this topic.

- I used these kexts:

- dsmos.kext (minimum required)

- IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext (minimum required)

- SMBIOSEnabler.kext (minimum required)

- OpenHaltRestart.kext (shutdown/sleep management)

- IOAHCIFamily.kext (for internal drives appear as internal (not external))

- IONetworkingFamily.kext (required for Time Machine to work)

- Disabler.kext (remove jerky mouse mouvement when playing in iTunes or QuickTime)

- (HDAEnabler , LegacyHDAController , LegacyHDAPlatformDriver).kext

These 3 kexts are the legacy audio drivers for ALC889Aa

They can be downloaded here .

- Copy a modified com.apple.Boot.plist (created with EFI Studio) in /Volumes/EFI/ to enable 9800GT support.

(In EFI studio no 9800GT, I used 8800GT since its the same card)

- Remove boot132 CD from drive & reboot.

- EVERYTHING WORKS !!!!!

- Made all Apple software updates without any probs.

- Final Cut Pro and Photoshop CS4 works flawlessly.

Again THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE TO MAKE THIS POSSIBLE !!!

- I used these kexts:

- dsmos.kext (minimum required)

- IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext (minimum required)

- SMBIOSEnabler.kext (minimum required)

- OpenHaltRestart.kext (shutdown/sleep management)

- Disabler.kext (remove jerky mouse mouvement when playing in iTunes or QuickTime)

Hey I'm in the process of trying to setup a similar system but am having some issues with audio and rebooting.

Any chance you could add links to where you got these kext's?

Cheers!

So, is this method now THE way to do an OSX86 install? It sounds like it has been refined quite a bit since I last looked at this project. I suppose at this point I should wait until the next version of chameleon comes out before I do a totally new install. Do you all suggest that? Also, is a new guide going to be posted with the new chameleon functionality?

Thanks

So, is this method now THE way to do an OSX86 install? It sounds like it has been refined quite a bit since I last looked at this project. I suppose at this point I should wait until the next version of chameleon comes out before I do a totally new install. Do you all suggest that? Also, is a new guide going to be posted with the new chameleon functionality?

Thanks

Olá Daniel,

Considering the time since the first and second announcement about the new Chameleon Bootloader, it seems there is a lot of vapor (ware) hanging around Insanelymac. But, since it is a completely free and volunteer work what can we demand? I got to tell you the Chameleon Team's work is one of the pillar stones of OSX86... But I'd give a shot to the new EFI Boot partition tool :)

Hey I'm in the process of trying to setup a similar system but am having some issues with audio and rebooting.

Any chance you could add links to where you got these kext's?

Cheers!

Hi,

- For the audio, after tried a modified AppleHDA.kext without success, I used kexts found in this post.

Download Realtek ALC885/889A BETA V5 (contains 3 kexts).

- For sleep/shutdown, the kext I used is attached below.

In the BIOS, I used "Fail safe defaults" and switched SATA to AHCI. Normally this should work. After you can tune it up...

Hope this helps...

EDIT: (Good kext uploaded this time)

OpenHaltRestart.tar.gz

- For the audio, after tried a modified AppleHDA.kext without success, I used kexts found in this post.

Download Realtek ALC885/889A BETA V5 (contains 3 kexts).

Are you sure that's the right post? Links to "Help needed to build an OSX box for 3d., Advice on the best working hardware"?

Was it from here?

- For sleep/shutdown, the kext I used is attached below.

Cheers, that seems to have sorted my shutdown and rebooting issues!

Still can't get audio working, though I seem to me missing some kext's, maybe not related though.

Are these just generic kexts that I can pick up from the board? i.e. there's not one's specific to my Hardware?

In system profiler I just get:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A002

Audio ID: 889

Available Devices:

Nothing after that and in System Preferences -> Sound -> Output "No output devices found"

You didn't add anything for audio to your com.apple.Boot.pllist did you? I've only got my gfx card in there.

Oh and you don't think that your AppleHDA monkeying helped the Legacy kexts work?

Thanks for any advice you could give, I think this is the last piece of the puzzle I need to solve!

Oh here's a list of kext's I'm currently running:

bash-3.2# ls -l /Volumes/EFI/Extensions
total 0
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 ACPIPS2Nub.kext
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 AppleAC97Audio.kext
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 AppleACPIPlatform.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 18 Mar 00:24 AppleAHCIPort.kext
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 AppleAPIC.kext
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 18 Mar 00:24 AppleGenericPCATA.kext
drw-r--r--  5 root  wheel  170 18 Mar 00:24 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 ApplePS2Controller.kext
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 AppleSMBIOS.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 18 Mar 00:24 AppleVIAATA.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 18 Mar 00:24 HDAEnabler.kext
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 18 Mar 00:24 LegacyHDAController.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 18 Mar 00:24 LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 18 Mar 00:29 OpenHaltRestart.kext
drw-r--r--  3 root  wheel  102 17 Mar 23:21 SMBIOSEnabler.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 18 Mar 00:24 dsmos.kext

I had some issues getting this booted so this is an amalgamation of various folks tutorials and source files for my board. I'll go through and try and cut it down , once I get audio working! :)

Are you sure that's the right post? Links to "Help needed to build an OSX box for 3d., Advice on the best working hardware"?

Was it from here?

Sorry, I used 'Post link' instead of 'Topic link'.

It's here (topic 129058 "Legacy AppleHDA, Getting AppleHDA working with BOOT-132")

Download Realtek ALC885/889A BETA V5 (contains 3 kexts)

Nothing to do with com.apple.Boot.plist

Hi,

I followed (slightly modified, because I have an intel mac on which I could do the primary preparation) instructions to get a bootable hard drive, as described here: Boot from EFI partition, zero modification installs on Intel SSE2 or better...

The basics seem to work flawlessly: the system actually boots, loads the kernel, it's just that during the Mach boot, the kernel panics with these messages:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2e07ce43): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-59.0.1/pmThread.c:149
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x2e0a3f08 : 0x12b4f3 (0x45b13c 0x2e0a3f3c 0x1335e4 0x0)
0x2e0a3f58 : 0x2e07ce43 (0x2e082160 0x0 0xc321edd4 0x4)
0x2e0a3fc8 : 0x1a017c (0x0 0x0 0x1a30b5 0x34dc2e8)
Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0
Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
	com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (59.0.1)@0x2e075000->0x2e08dfff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:
Not yet set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386
System model name: 1000HE (1000HE)

What I miss with this entire OSx86 scene is a repository for drivers and such. There are tons of wrapped up distros and installers (none of which I want to use, because I want to have a system that can run Apple's software updates without breaking a sweat).

Is this kernel panic a sign of not having the proper DSDT override? Where would I find or how would I go about creating these?

The system has a Atom N280 (sic!), 2GB RAM, 500GB WD drive, intel GMA 950, broadcom BT, atheros ethernet and WiFi chips, and realtek audio. More info e.g. here:

PCMag ASUS EeePC 1000HE review

Any help welcome (please also PM me, because it's easy to get lost in all the posts here...)

Hi, I have a question, I've got this mostly set up, I can boot directly from the harddrive and everything, but I'm having trouble setting up the GFX-Strings. I have a 9800 GTX and I believe I'm using the correct strings in the file, but I still can't get OS X to recognize the vid card. I've searched around, but I haven't found much help. My complete specs are:

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.7GHz

DFI Lanparty LT X38-T2R

4GB DDR2 memory

nVidia 9800GTX

500GB WD SATA HDD (on JMicron controller)

3x1TB Raid5 Array on ICH9R, not used under OSX86 in any way.

Pioneer 112L (on JMicron controller.)

Any help will be appreciated.

Edit: Another problem I have is that I get an instant crash if I boot without the "-v" flag