SSE2 & 3 Retail Leo and Vanilla installs - Boot 132 on pre-Core !

munky

614 posts in this topic

munky: Many thanks - tried MagicIso - now have my first bootable iso image. I am still making tweaks from the iso image provided by 3d man, but at least now I can actually test them :)

munky: I used your suggestion on MagicIso to build the custom iso for my system.

3d man: I used your iso as the base of my custom iso. I still need to try the guide you showed me.

I have installed OS X 10.5.1 directly from the retail DVD. With that running I updated com.apple.Boot.plist to contain my Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 EFI strings and rebooted.

Sound from external USB speakers works, About this Mac showed unknown processor at 3.4Ghz (should be 3.0),

and System profiler listed the system as a Mac

Next was Apple Software Update directly to 10.5.5. The update went without a problem - except that I needed to use -f on the first reboot - after that the -f is not required. About this Mac shows 10.5.5 and the same unknown processor. The only problem so far is that the system profiler shows an error on the hardware line. I think this is a mismatch between the kernel and the System.kext but I am not sure yet.

My custom iso uses the following kext:

• AppleSMBIOS
  • AppleACPIPlatform
  • AppleAHCIPort
  • AppleAPIC
  • AppleGenericPCATA
  • ApplePS2Controller
  • Disabler
  • dsmos
  • IOATAFamily

So far, the only mod to the OS X partition is the Boot.plist. That's GREAT! Can't wait to try to add this setup into the efi partition so I can quit typing in boot parms.

can you disable the IoIntelframeworksbuffer on your disc

Sorry for asking this, but I have read the whole thread and couldn't finde the answer:

It is said to "type the two-digit code for your dvd-rom drive" - but how can find out the two-digit code?

Neither diskutility nor terminal diskutil gives me anything similar. I am feeling like an idiot.

Any hints?

i just guessed :) 90 worked for me.

hmm your optical drive is SATA.... wonder if that makes a difference?

how many hard disks do you have?

if you have, say, three, then they should be 80, 81 and 82, so your optical drive would be 83. try from 8f and work your way down...?

my initrd.img contains:

mach_kernel.modbin

mach_kernel.stagexnu

mach_kernel.stripped (experimental stagexnu)

Extras/Extensions/

System.kext - version corresponding to kernel (presently 9.4.0)

Disabler.kext

dsmos.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

the following are specific for hardware on my machine:

IO80211Family.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

Natit.kext

updating on my progress on a TC1100 (sse2 celeron m):

code is 9f for dvd

using the leopard install disc included with my mac pro (perhaps causing additional problems, will try with a retail tomorrow)

Tried munky's boot 132 disc with modbin kernel and end on the

"using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" error

Same error when using the 3DMan disc, trying both the sleep kernel and the stageXNU kernels

The text above the "buffer headers" error when using the stageXNU kernel reads in part:

"Skipping duplicate extension" over and over for "older/same versions"

The APIC extension does load (newer)

It reads "dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!"

"enabling SSE3 emulator: OK!"

so I guess there's a shot...

hi there!

guys, did you see this?

Finaly we got it working !!!

Now you can load AppleHDA.kext from initrd/Extras/Extensions/ without modifing the vanila one.

For now its only for Realtek ALC88x series. Ill check out letter what i can do with others.

I wanna thank Taruga, Kabyl, XyZ and all Chameleon team for hard work.

How to install:

In archive you got 2 files: AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext

Drop them into your initrd/Extra/Extensions/ folder.

Restart and enjoy the fly... ;p

Ill modify and upload new drivers one by one, so be patient.

Downloads:

ALC885/889A: http://www.mediafire.com/?i0ijgwpnm5f

this is an amazing thread guys, congratulations and keep up the good work!! ;)

Hope there's someone that can help....

I have an Asus M2400E notebook with a PIV 1.8GHz m CPU (SSE2) and SiS chipset, SiS 7012 sound, SiS 900 PCI NIC, and SiS M650_651_650_740 (whatever that means) AGP 4x graphics adapter.

A very nice and nippy old notebook, any chance I can use this for OS X?

Only reason I ask is because it is a SiS chipset & graphics and the Bios does not recognize the DVD I installed at bootup and therefore I cannot boot from DVD, also the Bios cannot boot from USB unless in FDD mode which means I will have to try some tricks to install and do not want to go through the effort if it is already (maybe) a well known fact that SiS will not work even with Boot 132.

wilcok: i would try booting a patched distro first, install that to a partition, then from within that patched OS X install, insert the retail DVD and open /Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg and install to a clean partition.

long way round, but it might work.

wilcok: i would try booting a patched distro first, install that to a partition, then from within that patched OS X install, insert the retail DVD and open /Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg and install to a clean partition.

long way round, but it might work.

:happymac: Thnx munky, will give it a shot and report back. I am still waiting for my Retail Leopard though but will attempt the patched ones so long