7 Screenshots

About This File

Create the USB installer for macOS 10.12 Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion or Lion, Installs Enoch or Clover, edit/create/generate the config.plist or o.c.B.p, SMBios.plist and kernel.plist.

• Generate credible MLB & ROM, generate SMBIOSes (96 available) and its serials.
  • Install kexts from a large selection or install your own in /S/L/E, /L/E, /Extra/Extensions or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts or OEM sub directories (also on EFI partition).
  • FakeSMC.kext + plugins from both Slice or kozlek (latest) versions.
  • AppleHDA patcher or voodoohda, Nvidia Web Driver Updater (download and installs latest version!!!!). Ethernet/Wifi kexts... more and more..
  • Auto patcher for unsupported NVMe pci-ssd disks based on Pike R. Alpha's patches (lnfo inside Pandora)
  • Create/update/upgrade the Recovery HD partition.
  • Mount any ESP (EFI partition) you have in multiple disks.
  • Embedded web broswer, Youtube videos.
  • Embedded Clover WIKI.
  • more? can speak... really.. in en, it, es, pt, fr and de (thx spakk for German)

Is Pandora's Box secure? is compiled from source with 80,000 lines of code, no scripts, no AppleScripts and no Platypus, is a real app:

Pandora is code signed and use an advanced Helper Tool to perform its tasks, and this using advanced APIs by Apple. How it works?

The OS check for the digital signature of the Pandora's binary, its Helper tool and the launchd-daemon. Only if on all three binaries the signature match, the OS

grant Pandora to be executed. This avoid malicius softwares to take posses of Pandora to perform unwanted operations, unlike can be happen from a app containings *poor scripts. This secure your hack, but also your Mac.

Can Pandora erase your partitions by mistake like other tools has demostrate possible as already reported (even if they assure the opposite just to justify himself)?

No.

Hermes, creating your installer does not allow you to select your current OS ie "/", but also inform you with Alert-windows if you are selecting

an internal volume or that belongs to the same disk of your current OS. Also calculate if there are enough free space before proceeding.

Not last, when you create an installer Hermes before each operations have a triple check: target Volume must be the same always, must have the

same disk identifiers and also the volume uuid must match. This happen through the use of advanced API like Diskarbitration (made by Apple).

Also you don't have to rename anything before proceed: Pandora does not have this silly limitation, also your target volume can have spaces in the name unlike someone else *poor t-app (consider that 'OS X BaseSystem' will contains spaces.. so a t-app what can do later if cannot manage blank spaces???? :hysterical: ).

In addition, Hermes does not use funcy methods like "direct install", ie running OSInstall.mpkg manually. This last is particulary foolish

since OSX need to boot an installer to install OSX.

Otherwise what?

an installer copy some vital files from its root ("/"), in a direct installation INSTEAD some files are copied from "/" of the running OS.

Is not incredibly stupid? :hysterical: (also is why you have to run it inside the same OS... otherwise no chances to make it work.. )

Also that method can cause apps to crash because they are expecting important libraries to be updated or to be there, but instead ... you will have old or missing stuff.

You are warned!

A lot of code, but you will see a real graphical interface with some facilities and a lot of checks to do right things! .. nothing is done by case! :)

* a script can be well done, depend who made it ;), but someone really has no idea, pay attention.

About Updates:

Sunday 31 July 2016

Pandora's Box is able to update itself, the click counter from the Server indicate that 68% of users usually update through Pandora it-self instead of downloading again here (a lot of downloads :)):

Well, for users with slow or mobile connection this is particularly important since you can save time or MBs to download it. In fact only newer bytes are downloaded instead of

the entire app, usually 1-2 MB.. and your Pandora will be up-to-date.

Furthermore, Pandora receive updates for Clover and Enoch when available, at the same time maintaining a stable release to rely on (the one contained by default in the app), plus some intermediate versions if already downloaded.

post-674334-0-36181700-1415124502.png

video by JahStories

video by Fljagd

"All in One" solution for pre and post OS X installation.

Code redone from scratch, two new apps called Ares and Webkintosh:

Ares,

bootloaders configurator for both Enoch and Clover. Can edit the config.plist entirely with some facilities(as well for o.c.B.p, kernel.plist and SMBios.plist).

Clover WIKI is embedded in the config Editor to have quick access to the instructions and examples. Ability to update Enoch and Clover to latest revision available w/o update the entire app.

Ares can install the bootloader by targeting any ESP you have directly or in congiunction with the target Volume.

You can drag your config.plist directly into the Pandora's Box window, Ares will be automatically opened. What remain is to edit it and save where you like!

Zeus,

is now specialized in kexts installation from a large selection, but also permit you to drag your kexts (into the Pandora's interface) and let you decide where to install:

in any supported filesystems, in different volumes, but is also able to install in the target volume and its ESP at same time.

Support installation in

/System/Library/Extensions,

/Library/Extensions,

/Extra/Extensions,

/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other - 10.X (and on all OEM sub directories),

...again at same time!

Hermes,

now produces two kind of installers, one with "restore" method, other with "createinstallmedia". Both are untouched installers (Vanilla), and no kexts are added, nor the bootloader.

WebKinTosh,

a web browser to navigate hot Topics on insanelymac. Use YouTube API to show videos and users can make its own on "how to" do things using Pandora's Box.

More info here

What's New in Version r3.036

Released

• Ares (Clover Installer): Clover updated to r4050.
  • Ares (config editor): added KernelAndKextsPatches->DellSMBIOSPatch.
  • Ares (Enoch Installer): Enoch updated to r2878 with new kernel and kexts patcher.
  • Ares (Enoch Installer): added new FileNVRAM.dylib develop version.
  • Zeus: FakeSMC.kext & Plugins updated to 6.25.1426.
  • Zeus: Fixed a bug (introduced in previous version) that was causing Zeus to not repair permissions on hfs volumes (thanks smigol81).
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Giorgio ho visto che hai un topic in inglese, vuoi che te lo sposti nella sezione italiana, magari traducendo il titolo etc.?

Giorgio ho visto che hai un topic in inglese, vuoi che te lo sposti nella sezione italiana, magari traducendo il titolo etc.?

quel topic è relativo ad una installazione con clover che non sono mai riuscito a portare a buon fine...

se hai la gentilezza di sentirci via MP te ne sarei grato invece di intasare qua o aprire un un nuovo topic 

hi..

just to inform..the .013 didn't update to .014..don't know if it is just for me..

downloading the 3.014, from site

c.frio

hey Micky - currently having a difficult time on Pandora's Box. i think i created the installation USB pendrive correctly, though in creating the pendrive, i chose not to install a bootloader, but instead use the Chameleon/Enoch bootloader i already had on another drive. i definitely did install FakeSMC.kext. i also had to copy the Kernels folder from Carbo's excellent Guide to Installing Yosemite 10.10 because it could not find the kernel. once i did that i was able to start the booting process. however i immediately ran into issues. there were several messages relating to kext loading ("name" not a kext, Kernel-__SYMTAB not a kext. and DriversPackage-d32000 not a kext). there was also a kernel panic as follows:

\"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel /IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1590"

acpi=off does not work, DropSSDT=Yes does not work. i have done it with and without DSDT and chameleon boot.plist in the Extras folder. no difference. Enoch version on the main SSD drive is 2822 i think.

i will keep working on this, but do you have any further suggestions? thanks!

EDIT: just as a background i am on 10.8.5. i made the pendrive on my laptop which has 10.10 installed. on the main SSD drive/bootloader i use Enoch/Chameleon with a DSDT that Carbo provided as he has the same mobo as me (Asus P8Z77-LE Plus).

i also added 
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and the ACPIPlatform.kext rollback to the Extra folder. no difference. maybe it makes no difference because i'm putting it in the Extra folder and because there's no local bootloader it doesn't work? i just thought it would use the bootloader's settings on the main drive but then look at local paths to load DSDT and kexts. but so far it seems like like it's ignoring everything i do and having the same kernel panic every time.

Carbo's guide says to install the bootloader on the pendrive but i did try this manually before i tried using Pandora's Box and it did not seem to work out. also there does not appear to be a System/Library/Extensions folder. i have a kextcache i think, so maybe that's what Pandora is using when booting? anyway, i'm definitely stuck at the moment. any help appreciated!

best,

scott

hi..

just to inform..the .013 didn't update to .014..don't know if it is just for me..

downloading the 3.014, from site

c.frio

Hi C.Frio and thanks. The update is not online, maybe tomorrow (no time now), but It is still scheduled

• Like 1

hey Micky - currently having a difficult time on Pandora's Box. i think i created the installation USB pendrive correctly, though in creating the pendrive, i chose not to install a bootloader, but instead use the Chameleon/Enoch bootloader i already had on another drive. i definitely did install FakeSMC.kext. i also had to copy the Kernels folder from Carbo's excellent Guide to Installing Yosemite 10.10 because it could not find the kernel. once i did that i was able to start the booting process. however i immediately ran into issues. there were several messages relating to kext loading ("name" not a kext, Kernel-__SYMTAB not a kext. and DriversPackage-d32000 not a kext). there was also a kernel panic as follows:

Hi scott,

yes, if you have no bootloader on the Pen drive is normal that to boot use the one you already have installed on your system.. is normal. Otherwise can't boot, or if installed by Ares sure you have to change the bios priority.

For the message:

""name" not a kext, Kernel-__SYMTAB not a kext. and DriversPackage-d32000 not a kext"

this definitely is not an error, but is something loaded by the bootloader that is not a kext... like an Extensions.mkext (used Kext Utility??) or you are try to run a *Preboot.dmg?

\"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel /IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1590"

acpi=off does not work, DropSSDT=Yes does not work. i have done it with and without DSDT and chameleon boot.plist in the Extras folder. no difference. Enoch version on the main SSD drive is 2822 i think.

but unfortunately the "xnu-1504.15.2" is an old kernel coming from Snow Leopard.. so this can't be a message from an installer made by *Pandora (since is extracted from the installer, or not (as option) if you have marked active "createinstallmedia" checkbox, since does not require the use of the "kernel" ... and giving to Enoch arguments like -f or UseKernelCache=No can cause the bootloader to not found the kernel... simply because is normal since does not exist ).

but what really can not work is your kernel from an unknown origin... is a mistery..

i also added NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and the ACPIPlatform.kext rollback to the Extra folder. no difference. maybe it makes no difference because i'm putting it in the Extra folder and because there's no local bootloader it doesn't work? i just thought it would use the bootloader's settings on the main drive but then look at local paths to load DSDT and kexts. but so far it seems like like it's ignoring everything i do and having the same kernel panic every time.

And sorry, will never work. As I said.. your kernel is from Snow. .. hard to make it working with newer OSes.... whould say impossible

*By chance are you trying to boot using an old..old...old [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd made by tonymac? (also funny because I think is the same modded version stolen by them and discussed here: [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]  :hysterical:)

• Like 1

actually - this is extremely helpful, Micky! i got the kernel from Carbo's post over here, because i do not run Pacifist. perhaps i should... do you perhaps have a link to a newer kernel from Yosemite?

i did use the 'createinstallmedia' option using my Macbook which has 10.10 installed, but the odd thing is that on the current Hackintosh's bootloader (Enoch 2822), it did not find the kernel when i booted from the pendrive. Carbo's post suggested that it might not under Chameleon and to manually place the kernel instead, so i did this using his files. i have now just downloaded Pacifist and followed his instructions exactly. the kernel i extracted appears to be exactly the same - modification date is is 19th of Sep, 2014. that can't be Snow Leopard. 

i did remember something on this particular machine... when i was first installing the Mountain Lion OS a few years back, i chose to downgrade the BIOS for the motherboard to eliminate the need for NullCPUPowermanagement.kext. i don't know if that could possibly be the issue, but to me it does not appear to be caused by an old kernel as far as i can tell. i can replace the one i have but it's totally identical as far as i can see.

here's a post from a Reddit user that has the exact same error. his turned out to be Ethernet card related:h/comments/3elcdm/kernal_panic_unable_to_find_driver/

i don't really believe the NIC is the issue here, but what can be done to narrow down the problem? his post said something about having an option to Fix LAN on ACPI and to install other NIC drivers under MltBst(the tool that should not be named :) ).

actually - this is extremely helpful, Micky! i got the kernel from Carbo's post over here, because i do not run Pacifist. perhaps i should... do you perhaps have a link to a newer kernel from Yosemite?

Without using createinstallmedia Ares extract the kernel without using any third party tool, so I can't understand why you want use pacifist, or someone has told you that.

createinstallmedia = use kernelcache to run the installer, no kernel is availabe

restore method = have kernelcache but also the kernel. Also have /System/Library/Extensions 

So createinstallmedia does not provide the kernel, not exist, it use the kernelcache! So the first wrong thing is to extract the kernel whoever told you that.

i did use the 'createinstallmedia' option using my Macbook which has 10.10 installed, but the odd thing is that on the current Hackintosh's bootloader (Enoch 2822), it did not find the kernel when i booted from the pendrive. Carbo's post suggested that it might not under Chameleon and to manually place the kernel instead, so i did this using his files. i have now just downloaded Pacifist and followed his instructions exactly. the kernel i extracted appears to be exactly the same - modification date is is 19th of Sep, 2014. that can't be Snow Leopard. 

but sorry, the kernel version you show me is not from Yosemite (start from xnu-2050-...), have you tried to paste  "xnu-1504.15.2in the google search field ? it show you results also before 2012... for me is incredible.

If you want to run the kernel you have to redone the pen drive, but this time without "createinstallmedia". Also I'm curious to take a look on your Extra folder, so please post it to the Pandora's Box III topic, but please, follow only one method not the entire world wide web :)

it may indeed be incredible, but i'm definitely not the only user who has encountered that identifying number. i found at least two other errors with that number installing Yosemite. it's possible that the vanilla installer i have was a late golden master before the actual release came out. that or the Inmac team put an old kernel in their version. 

you are absolutely right though - i do see the results of searches are mainly about Snow Leopard. i also just checked my kernel version on ML and it's 2050, not 1502. so i think this disk image is definitely suspect. 

anyway, so far i've only followed Carbo's method in his guide on this site and downloaded Pandora's Box. i haven't tried a bunch of different approaches at this point.

i've downloaded a legit Yosemite installer, so i will try the restore method to re-create the pendrive in Pandora/Hermes, and see what happens. 

grazie mille for your feedback. very helpful!

best,

scott

• Like 1

To the end, your Mobo is UEFI, so should be nice to try Clover that way. As soon you got a new installer, before do anything, please post on the main Topic.. we can try both bootloaders w/o replacing or adding extraneus files to the installer..

miche , but now on pandora there is a clover for sierra ?

Yes until now was r3561, if you look now it will download the r3578 (Updated my server through the slow connection of my Galaxy S5 mini  :hysterical:). 

I am in vacation and as soon I saw your comment I've updated Clover for you  :) (and all others).

i can't update pandora to version 3.0.15. i've been used pandora 3.0.14 now..

any help? because i dont want to redownload whole file.. i am in slow internet connection. thanks micky..

i can't update pandora to version 3.0.15. i've been used pandora 3.0.14 now..

any help? because i dont want to redownload whole file.. i am in slow internet connection. thanks micky..

Try now :) (r3.016)

Try now :) (r3.016)

Nice micky.. i've been updated in 3.0.16 now. total nice stuff. i love it much. hope god bless your life a lot.

• Like 1

I'm having problem using Pandora's box if my home folder is located on a separate disk. The error message is: Internal Error  Hermes can't find Home Folder for user (null). Please contact InsanelyMac.

My solution is making another user with the home folder that resides in the boot disk (main OS disk).

I'm not sure if this the best solution. Can you please let me know if there is another workaround instead of making another user?

• Like 1

I'm having problem using Pandora's box if my home folder is located on a separate disk. The error message is: Internal Error  Hermes can't find Home Folder for user (null). Please contact InsanelyMac.

My solution is making another user with the home folder that resides in the boot disk (main OS disk).

I'm not sure if this the best solution. Can you please let me know if there is another workaround instead of making another user?

Hi and thanks for this report. 

Pandora's Box use "~/InsanelyBox" as support folder for some temporary stuff or store new revisions of the bootloaders included, but the error you see is in fact because as you said your Home folder is located elsewhere.

the fact is that I have inserted a check that this path should have "/Users" as prefix to be valid, so that's why is not working in this case. Will be fixed, but you are available to test a new build in pm?

• Like 1

I would like to test a new version when it is available. Thanks.

Is already available on my PC, will send you a build to test within an hour..