Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

hey guys,i am flame, i come from China. i want to get some information to solve some problem of my hackintosh,and if i can ,i want to share my experiences with you although i do not have a great experience.anyway,I want to make friend with you ,someone who have the same interest:hackintosh.

Please be merciful with me and don't KO me for my mistakes, especially for my bad english.

Thankyou,

flame OK_man

Hello All!

I joined here because I am currently learning how to Hakintosh my machine.  I doing some searching I noticed that there is a lot of useful information here so I decided that I would Join.

A Little about me:

Engineer by trade.

-Studied EE in college.  

Married (Beth) with 2 kids.  (Bob and James)

42 years old

I live in Connecticut

I own 4 PC and a laptop

I have owned several Macbooks, but had to sell them due to being laid off a year ago(That is why I wanted to hackintosh 1 of my pcs.)

I have quite a few years experience in working on machines, mostly hardware.

I have a working knowledge of most of the Microsoft OS's as well as some knowledge of linux.

My current rig is a custom built FX-6350 overclocked to 4.4 GHz.

It Triple boots Win7-64 and linux Mint 17.1 and PClinuxOS-64 (Fullmonty) - [win7 on 1st ssd and Mint on the 2nd SSD]. so I figured that I would give PClinux a try.   I think that it would be cool to triple boot a windows, linux and OSx tho

My other machines are a 1)   phenom ii x4 b50 (unlocked x2)  2) Phenom ii 955 OC'd and 3) phenom 9850 BE

If you get the chance feel free to drop me a line,  I look forward to hearing from you as I am sure that I will be asking for help in getting my AMD machine running  some version of OSx.

Thank you!

HI  I'm KR  from the States.  I have been lurking and using this site for years. I have been using various hacmac distros for the last 5 years. 

1. I started with a distro of iATKOS for Leopard back in 2009 on my Lenovo T60. 

2. Then a year or two later I decided to update to Snow Leopard.  I also joined tonymac's forum for updates and advice. I got a vanilla build to finally work for me back in 2012 or 2013. So I got a 10.6.8 on my Lenovo T60. Once I installed Lion but didn't like it and went back to Snow Leopard. Most of my stuff is on Snow Leopard. I also had an Apple Mac Mini pre 2011 which also ran SL. Nice little box. 

This past year I decided to go for a 64 bit box and decided I wanted to try an AMD box. A real hackintosh. I reviewed threads on tonymac's site and decided to get a Gigabyte Brix AMD. It has much of the same chip stuff as Tony's box except it's an AMD! With better graphics than the Intel i5 box!  AMD Radeon 8510G integrated into it!  

So I set to getting it running OS X.  I didn't use a basic download install. I used a Niresh copy of Mavericks with editing component installers via transmac as another site suggests. I now got OS X 10.9.5 on it! But there are bugs and issues I am still trying to resolve, but the BSA 10.9.5 kernel rc1 works great for the most part!

So hopefully I can make it the best hackmac possible.  Wanna say a big huge thanks to all the kernel hackers and people who build useful kexts and booter files here!  This forum has been invaluable for help in the last 5 years. 

Hi,

I'm planning a new build either based on a HP Z600 or a custom Gigabyte MicroATX build.

I have been using OS X since 10.1 on a lampshade iMac, I make my living on the Mac so whatever I build has to be reliable.

Currently I develop a custom web application which requires I run 2x Ubuntu VMs fulltime and then VMs for Windows to test IE compatibility as necessary. 

My MacBook Pro 13 does the job well, it has 16GB Crucial RAM upgrade and a 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD and I don't have any reason to upgrade it.. However as a backer of Elite Dangerous I also need a machine that can run a decent graphics card... I'm tempted to buy a Mac Pro 2010 model with dual Xeon X5650 and plenty of RAM but the cost difference between them and a similar HP Z600 would buy a lot of graphics card.

I'm tempted to either buy a HP Z600 or build a Gigabyte based system. I used to build PCs 20 odd years ago and I have a Lenovo T420 running Mavericks with Clover but it has a few glitches.

Baring in mind I make my living off the Mac can anyone tell me if their setup is really reliable enough to work on. I know the T420 has issues with the spinning beach ball that seems to be related to network activity, I don't really have time to mess about too much with the machine so I have left it, when it happens I have to reboot which is a minor inconvenience every couple of days.

However my work machine must be reliable, I can't accept any interruption to my workflow. I can spend a couple of days setting the thing up, but I need to to be reliable once it's working.

This is the build I am planning, spec is not fixed yet. I'd prefer a Xeon system over the i7 as the i7 has less cores, but I can live with it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dijitaltrix/saved/jdZqqs

Can anyone here relate to this or offer any advice?

Thanks!

Hey There!

I'm Alessandro from Italy. I replaced my old HP laptop with an i7 Samsung for 150€ a great price for a great computer. I'd like to install Mac OS X Yosemite on it to rum my graphics and audio editing applications.

I hope to let it works!

Bye from now

All the best,

Alessandro

Hey guys create a topic so everyone can see your probs/Questions so its more likelt people will see what your asking.

Hey Guys,
Just got my first Hackintosh installed on a GA-Z97x-UD7 TH Mobo & a GTX 970... al works well, only thing that happens from time to time is that the AppleHDA kext (the latest version from Mirone) does not load at boot. But it comes up after the system awakes from sleep. Strange.

Any way... this is fun. Still need to figure out this thing with the audio.

Cheers,

Gregg