DDR3 Snow Leopard

mastamut

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte ga-ep45t-ud3p motherboard running snow leopard. It's been running the OS since day one, when it came out, and I haven't had any problem at all (except with sound when 10.6.2 came out, of course...) However, I discovered just recently that my 1333MHz DDR3 memory isn't recognized as DDR3, but as 800MHz DDR2 memory instead, which is a huge drop in performance. Is it just a bug in the System Profiler, or does the OS really think it is 800MHz DDR2 memory and use it as such, at only half the speed?

If it does use it as mere DDR2, s there a way to fix that? I tried to tweak the BIOS in every possible way, and the MoBo knows that it's 1333MHz DDR3...

Any solution?

A ha!

Does that mean when I look in my system profiler and it's saying I have 667Mhz when I have DDR2 @976Mhz (in order to oc my E8400 to 4.40Ghz) it's reporting the ACTUAL speed of what the hackintosh is running or is it merely for aesthetics. Either way would you be so kind as to tell me the right value for what I need in that plist?

Intel Core2Duo E8400 45nm default clock 2.66 E0 stepping

Corsair Dominator 4GB dual channel PC8500 DDR2 RAM (@976Mhz)

• 9 months later...
in smbios.plist in /Extra put/change your SMmemtype to 24, this is the DDR3 value.

Edit.

And make sure SMmemspeed is 1333

I can't find anywhere smbios pilst. Evan with show all files. I have Myhack install

Chameleon-2.0-RC4_PCEFI-10.5_AsereBLN_myHack-1.0.1 r116and

Asus p5qc MB, E8400 CPU

Is there other bootloader that I can modify folowing tour instruction?

Thanks